It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy Sheenan viewed favorable by Amerians 35%, unfavorable...38% OMG!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
www.rasmussenreports.com...

August 19, 2005--Cindy Sheehan, the grieving mother who maintained an anti-War protest outside of President Bush's ranch, is viewed favorably by 35% of Americans and unfavorably by 38%.

Sheehan is viewed favorably by 34% of men and 35% of women. Forty-two percent (42%) of men and 34% of women have an unfavorable view.

In general, people see in Sheehan what they want to see. Opinion about her is largely based upon views of the War, rather than views about the woman herself. Democrats, by a 56% to 18% margin, have a favorable opinion. Republicans, by a 64% to 16% margin, have an unfavorable view. Those not affiliated with either major party are evenly divided.

People who think we should withdraw troops from Iraq now have a positive opinion of Sheehan (59% favorable, 12% unfavorable). Those who do not think we should withdraw troops at this time have a negative view (15% favorable , 64% unfavorable).

Among those with family members who have served in the military, Sheehan is viewed favorably by 31% and unfavorably by 48%.

well it looks like even the military families have a big unfavorable view of Cindy. lets see how the polls go later in the weeks and months.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Now we have polls for Cindy...

It goes to show you that this is the nature of politics. We here on ATS complain of flames and trolls, they are not just here. Its an epidemic. nationwide.

Just a comment, and its no reflection on the poster.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I agree, I think its horrible when people put down Cindy when her son went to Iraq and died, for no good reason. Polls are samples, and people all around the world support her, even if the people in her own country don't.

[edit on 20-8-2005 by Darth Tinku]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Cindy has bad poll numbers because she is a fraud.

Her big deal is she wants a "face to face" meeting with the President. Even though she already had a meeting with him.

Her family is against her, her husband is divorcing her, and if her son Casey were still alive he'd be against her.

If Amercians knew the whole story her unfavorables would be much higher. There are still people out there who don't even know she has already met President Bush, because the "mainstream" media still refuses to acknowledge that themselves.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Must be a slow news day when a poll has to be created for a person. As bad as I feel for this woman and her loss it seems more attention is being paid to her as an individual vs her cause. I am sure she did not mean for that to happen and I would lay more blame on the media.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
and if her son Casey were still alive he'd be against her.

Another case of a nobody speaking for a slain young soldier.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Cindy has bad poll numbers because she is a fraud.

Really? So that explains Bush's 53% disapproval rating too then. He must be a fraud.

[edit on 25-8-2005 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
We are all frauds and dupes, RANT, or haven't you heard yet?

Polls are pointless.

seekerof

top topics

join