It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to abolish the Postal System?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I went to my mailbox today, as I do every day, only to find a pile of "snail mail spam". You know, solicitations from charities, shopping circulars and coupons. I do all of my banking through the internet and all of my friends e-mail me as opposed to writing letters. Heck, I don't even get post-cards from my friends who travel. If the internet can replace the postal service, why don't we? The thought of the mailman trudging his way through rain and sleet and snow bringing unwanted printed matter seems to be such a waste. Isn't it time to put an end to this dreadfully labor intensive "service"? We could save forests of trees by putting a stop to the waste of all that paper. And we could help save lives by encouraging all of those mind-numbed posties to find something "meaningful" to do with their lives.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
No matter how big your email attachments get, they cant send boxes etc.

Not everyone has a computer either. The postal service is bigger than you think

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
No matter how big your email attachments get, they cant send boxes etc.

Purulator, Fed Ex and U.P.S., private companies, all seem to being doing fine. They continue to thrive, make profits and are more efficient than a government based excuse to continue an obsolete system just to employ an army of people who are too lazy or too ignorant to re-educate themselves so as to be able to find a job that is productive.

join