It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Tons of WTC Steel to be used in the USS New York

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
What an awesome way to remember the dead of a terrible attack on our country... but using the remains of the attack to build a ship for war. That way we can use the memory of our dead to kick the hell out of everyone!

[edit on 21-8-2005 by white4life420]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Wow, that comeback spun around so fast my computer tipped over!..Oh, I wasn't giving you a tirade (sorry if you thought I was) no, that was wasn't even close to being the kind of tirade I would come up with if could here, but you see I'm held back by the forum rules.

Comeback? Do you post just to try to initiate a fight? If so, you're barking up the wrong tree.

If you were in a car accident, would you want to send your car in for repairs to a garage owned by your insurance company? No, I don't think so; you'ld want to send it to a impartial garage which had no connection or reason to cover up, hide or give you a unfair low cost estimate for the repairs.

Ah, so what you're saying is if you wanted to cover up evidence of explosives on your steel beams you'd ship it to China -- your last remaining super power enemy. Because hey, they'd keep their mouth shut and not want to gain any worldwide prestige by exposing evidence of an attack on your nation that you've committed and then used to fraudulently justify invading two sovereign nations.

I see... Isn't that sort of like sending your pistol to the state police to "hide" it from the local city detectives who are investigating a murder you committed?

In regards to the rest of your post, the beams were inspected, by more than 3 independent groups, and reports of their findings were published in different publications. Some people imagine that the American Society of Civil Engineers is some form of a government ran group of puppets (in reality it's an indepentantly ran and funded group of over one hundred and fifty thousand private citizens from the US, Canada and around the world). Those same people feel FEMA and any other government organization has only one agenda -- to lie to the public and perpetrate conspiracies ranging from spraying "something" out the ass of every jet airliner in the world, to blowing up the world trade center. I, on the other hand, have no reason at all to doubt ASCE's findings nor do I have any reason to imagine that there are over a million people conspiring to subvert and oppress me. I also don't have any issues with FEMA, the FBI, or the NYFD for that matter. *shrug*

All I was saying is it's a fact that all the steel was not shipped to China like all the conspiracy websites love to claim (and quite a few people on this forum like to erroneously repeat). If you have an issue with that fact, then please do post evidence to the contrary.

[edit on 21-8-2005 by CatHerder]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Of the estimated 1.5 million tons of WTC concrete, steel, and other debris, more than 350,000 tons of steel have been extracted from Ground Zero and barged or trucked to salvage yards where it is cut up for recycling. Salvage yard operations are shown in Figures D-1 through D-3. Four salvage yards were contracted to process WTC steel:

* Hugo Nue Schnitzer at Fresh Kills (FK) Landfill, Staten Island, NJ
* Hugo Nue Schnitzer's Claremont (CM) Terminal in Jersey City, NJ
* Metal Management in Newark (NW), NJ
* Blanford and Co. in Keasbey (KB), NJ

146 pieces of steel, were saved for future study.

911research.wtc7.net...

Of course, what was 'tested' on those 146 pieces that wasn't salvaged is dependent on how much faith you put into FEMA's report as no independent tests were able to occur.

FEMA are also the ones who won't allow ANYONE (even the 9/11 commission) to view the original WTC blueprints. Instead, if you look at the 9/11 commission footnotes, they use an 'undated FEMA WTC Blueprint' as their entire reference as would NIST and other 'official' studies.

What's hidden in the original plans? Funny that the engineers of WTC said it should never have collapsed.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Some people are becoming very stupid. The scrap-metal (yes, old rusty metal) is sentimental to millions of people? They've never even seen or touched the scrap metal! They think "The souls of their loved ones are forever stuck inside this metal". Well, uh, it's metal. Most of the people in America didn't know they even kept the metal. They didn't even think about the scrap metal. But now that it's up, they're claiming it's SENTIMENTAL? What a bunch of idiots. Sorry to say. What would they do with the scrap metal anyway? Build a memorial? Of scrap metal...MELT IT AND USE IT. Next thing you know they'll want the metal to be "equally divided and given out to the victims of 9/11", so that they can have a huge freakin' beam in the middle of thier house.

I think it's good they're going to reuse the metal for something productive.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shroomery
All in all, it's a disgrace to build yet another military vessel with the steel coming from those towers.
Think abou the people who lost their family members in those attacks, and now have to put up with part of that tragedy living on to kill other people.

Did you bother to read the story at all?

It's an amphibious landing DOCK, not a flipping battleship. This ain't the USS Missouri they're building, it's a transport, a support ship. A ship designed to offer comfort and support to the poor grunts who have to do the dying. It doesn't go cruising around looking for fights to get into and then firing bloody great amounts of ordnance.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shroomery
All in all, it's a disgrace to build yet another military vessel with the steel coming from those towers.
Think abou the people who lost their family members in those attacks, and now have to put up with part of that tragedy living on to kill other people.

Even if it was going to be a military vessel, i'de be glad actually. That means less of a chance of my dieng because some crazy middle eastern man decided to acheive that ultimate reward.

living on to kill other people...to save our asses.

God built armies for Israel, God destroyed cities by himself. So stop questioning morals. It's okay to kill people if they're possessing a threat. And I mean threat, not "AHH THAT LADY HAS A KEY! KILL HER!", but if the vessel is attacking bunkers with Iraqis hiding with missles and bombs, dang dude, Do you want to be killed or something?

Now, most likley they'll never get a missle or bomb shot at the US from Iraq, but nevertheless, It's not like they're building ships for the hell of it, they obviously need them.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Discovery did a special or recycled material last weekend and they did a piece on this 10 tons and the USS New York.

They received the steel RAW, un-touched after it was hauled away from the WTC scene. They did not mention if it was studied first, but it was 100% un-processed as they do that right at the shipyard.

The 10 tons in particular was made into the bow piece. So WTC steel is at the very front most tip of the ship, slicing away as the ship heads to its destination

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Did you bother to read the story at all?

It's an amphibious landing DOCK, not a flipping battleship. This ain't the USS Missouri they're building, it's a transport, a support ship. A ship designed to offer comfort and support to the poor grunts who have to do the dying. It doesn't go cruising around looking for fights to get into and then firing bloody great amounts of ordnance.

So they're going to use that amphibious landing dock to return seals to nature huh? You're splitting hairs.

But hey, I didn't loose anyone on 9/11, I suggest you ask some people who did. And although there'll be a couple that are happy with yet another addition to the military system, the majority most likely is not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join