It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't talk in a dream?? Help please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What does it mean when you can't talk in a dream?

Here's the dream:

I was awakened (in the dream) to a noise outside my second story bedroom window during the night. The noise was someone opening my wife's back door of her van. I opened the window and stuck my head out. All of the vans doors were open and there were two people inside obviously looting it. I tried to yell at them but only a slight sound came sounding sort of like "dsuuuuh". I tried really hard to form a word, but I just could not. After a couple minutes of trying, I finally resorted to clapping my hands to get their attention. It worked, but when they saw me, thet kind of chuckled and walked away - walked, not ran, with a few things in their hand including the radio.

Outside of the dream, my wife woke me up and told me I was yelling in my sleep - "Get away!" "Hey!!", but in my dream I could not form a word.

I recall other dreams in my recent past where I could not form the words no matter how hard I tried. Is there a meaning to this?

[edit on 18-8-2005 by godservant]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Were you a baby in your dream?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
No, it was present day. A middle aged adult male.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Someone must be able to help!?!?

It is really bothering me. I mean, in the dream, I tried VERY hard to get a word out, but it just wouldn't come! Vivid too - I am sure it must mean something, help?? I also seem to remember, I was also unable to move as well.

[edit on 18-8-2005 by godservant]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think what you're experiencing is the fact that your brain locks down your motor functions when you sleep so you don't act out your dreams. You were probably semi-conscience and realized that you could hardly talk.

I think we've all had those dreams where we couldn't move our legs to run or our arms wouln't move. Most likely it's do to the body lockdown you brain does during sleep. Now as for the meaning of the dream, I have no idea.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well, my first guess would be that there is something going on or will be going on that makes you feel helpless. A problem of sorts that you can not solve no matter how hard you try. The feeling of not being able to do what you want to do or need to do in order to protect yourself or the ones you love is a very bad nightmare.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Thank you mrsdudara

It really is making sense now. I am having a VERY difficult time getting my wife to listen to ANYTHING I say and am considering leaving. She will not listen to anything at all - even when she admits I am right.

It all makes sense now. Again, thank you.

fum

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Scream
To dream that you are screaming, symbolizes anger and fear. It is an expression of your powerful emotions which you have kept pent up inside.

If you try to scream, but no sound comes out, then is suggests that you need to immediately confront some situation. Perhaps you are unable to pinpoint your fears or feelings.

top topics

join