It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jihad in Bosnia: All your base are belong to us

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Im thinking maybe some of the radicals may be in Slovenia instead...

But what do I know?

You don't know me skippster...

And you don't know what happened in Bosnia during the Yugoslav Civil War also - or else you would not post such dumb articles such as this Islamo-Hating Propaganda Crap, that is handmade for the Supporters of Serbian Ultra-Leftism such as our dear member blablablaxyz is.

NOTE: For this thread I have removed the notorious Souljah from my ignore list. I am curious to see his "opinion" on a subject close to his home. I will of course add him back as soon as I am bored with him again.

I wonder what kind of Actions deserved the be a Honorary place on your Ignore list.

Then again, I coulnd't care less....

Keep on Spreading the "Good Word" of your Presidents Propaganda Machine, which you do so Good!

And Remember - the Big Brother is Always Watching!

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight
Skippy im voting you as the most unaware, unwise, and frankly most stupid rightwing propaganda acticivist this forum has to offer.
Your general knowledge of things outside the US is shocking and your perception leaves much to desire.

Well that’s quite a coincidence Motion, as your statement is a blatant personal attack and very against the TOS. So, I am voting you the most reported to the mods for TOS violations. GRATS!!

WHY?

Damn if I could get a Dime for each time I was "Attacked" by you or any other dear member of this Forum, that did NOT Agree with the Topic of the thread and started to bash me, I would be a GAZILLIONARE!

But when somebody Expresess his opinion against the dear skippster, he starts running home to Momma.

Get a Grip!

JAK

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Ok, let's leave the name calling and insults now.

The topic is Jihad in Bosnia: All your base are belong to us. If you want to refute any side of the argument then do so, but refrain from the offensive personal comments.

Thanking you in advance.

Jak

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

Oh yeah, don't google Islamic Declaration, it will lead you to extremist serbian sites, some under watch of Cyber Police because of their "cetnik" status. (for those who do not know: cetniks are serbian extremists whos prefered method of murdering civilians is: slit a throat with a knife)

LOL at this statement.

Even as a Hrvat (Croat), I know who the Chet's are. They were those under Tito who fought the Nazis, and who later became the 'Special(secret) Police'. I would not go so far as to call them 'extremists', in the sense that they hunt down and kill civilians in their sleep(lol).

We are trying to move on from what happened in the early 90's. The rest of the former Yugo's seem to get along alright (Macedonians, Montenegrans, Serbians, Croats, and Slovenes). The problem is with Bosnia. If the Bosnians are catering to the Islamic extremists, which they of course are, then it needs to be stopped.

Just as the Serbs were pointed out as the aggressors for trying to salvage a historically significant piece of their culture(Kosovo) from the Albanians, they are again being ostracized.

I am Croatian. I harbor no ill-will towards any of my former Yugo countrymen. But if Muslim extremists are in Bosna i Herzogovina, then they need to be stopped.

And if the Albanians are supporting the Muslim extremists (albanians being also for the most part Muslim), they need to also be put in their place, as the Serbs should have been allowed to do in Kosovo.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Damn if I could get a Dime for each time I was "Attacked" by you or any other dear member of this Forum, that did NOT Agree with the Topic of the thread and started to bash me, I would be a GAZILLIONARE!

But when somebody Expresess his opinion against the dear skippster, he starts running home to Momma.

Get a Grip!

Motion used a personal attack. That’s a great deal different than anything that I have said about you, different enough to be against the TOS. You are not offended if I called you stupid?

Souljah, I understand that you are angry and need to lash out. And I understand that I make a good target for you, but I will never hate as much as you do. I welcome attacks by you because I know it’s a good release for your anger and hate. Maybe your anger towards me is healthy for you and makes you less volatile in RL. Who knows, maybe your directing all this hate towards me over the net may save a life...

IRE!!

[edit on 18-8-2005 by skippytjc]

[edit on 18-8-2005 by skippytjc]

JAK

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
As I said - back to the topic please!

This can be continued via U2U if you feel you must, or perhaps you two could get a room?

Jak

[edit on 18/8/05 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Paperclip, in another thread you said you were from Austria but in this one you say you are from Bosnia. I was wondering which one it really is.

Anyway it would surprise me if there was muslim extremists in Bosnia since about 40% of the population is muslim according to the cia world fact book. There is sure to be a few extremist among them.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
@paperclip

The Chetniks were WW2 Serbian Royalists. Their leader Mihailovic received the Legion of Merit from President Truman for saving hundreds of American airmen from the Nazis (Bosnian Muslim Waffen SS troops, for example...). There is a statue in his honour in Washington DC, there is a park named after him in Sydney, Australia.

www.royalfamily.org...

Your generalizations and attempted demonization of a whole country shows how out of touch you are. It's a real tragedy that the break up of Yugoslavia was a violent one that cost lives but the fact that we have nothing to do with you anymore is a breath of fresh air for Serbia & Montenegro. Israel and their US/Eurpean lackeys created the mess so they can babysit the "moderate Euro muslims". If there's Jihadist bases in the islamic part of Bosnia it's not Serbia's problem anymore. Enjoy your Islamic "heaven" and we'll enjoy Metallica, White Stripes, Fatboy Slim, REM, Garbage amongst other acts who are coming back to Serbia after all the nonsense.

JAK

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trent
Paperclip, in another thread you said you were from Austria but in this one you say you are from Bosnia. I was wondering which one it really is.

If I recall correctly Paperclip is currently living in Austria but from Bosnia.

I hope that settles the issue for you.

Jak

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trent
Anyway it would surprise me if there was muslim extremists in Bosnia since about 40% of the population is muslim according to the cia world fact book. There is sure to be a few extremist among them.

The quasi-country is divided along ethnic lines so Serbs and Croats have their cantons but have no control over the so-called Bosniak part. It is this area that is the subject of the topic.

The word Bosniak is generally ridiculed by everyone in X-YU. Instead of calling themselves Serbian muslims and Croatian muslims they invented a new identity. For obvious reasons. I wonder what England's 2 million muslims are gonna call themselves ? Bradfordliaks...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by blablablaxyz
The Chetniks were WW2 Serbian Royalists. Their leader Mihailovic received the Legion of Merit from President Truman for saving hundreds of American airmen from the Nazis (Bosnian Muslim Waffen SS troops, for example...). There is a statue in his honour in Washington DC, there is a park named after him in Sydney, Australia.

...And You forgot to mention some more Facts about Chetniks to defend your Agenda:

Chetniks, were founded on 13th May 1941, on Ravna Gora as a force loyal to the Yugoslav royal government in exile. After some initial skirmishes with the occupying forces, Chetniks concentrated almost exclusively on fighting the communist partisan resistence, often collaborating with German, Italian and even Ustaše forces. The name is derived from the Serbian word četa which means "military company".

The Chetnik collaboration with Germans and Italians did exist. Chetniks had offered a truce to Germans in 1941, which was accepted. Some groups of Chetniks collaborated with Italians, from whom they received arms to fight Partisans and Ustashe, and also with Germans in Bosnia. Nevertheless, Chetnik advocates argue that these were tactical collaborations on a local level, with the main aim to fight their common enemy - the Partisans. Chetniks viewed their ideological struggle against the Partisans as one more important than the fight against the Germans.

Chetniks fought both the Ustaše and Partisans in these areas, and retaliated for the crimes against Serbs in the villages populated by Bosnian Muslims (who they saw as ones allied with the Ustashe) and Croats. The areas around Višegrad, Zvornik, Foča, Čajniče, Pljevlja were gravely impacted by this kind of ethnic cleansing until Tito's Partisans arrived at the site in large numbers in 1942. There's one report of 2,000 Muslim men killed in Foča and Muslim women mass raped, and another report of 1,200 fighters and 8,000 civilians killed in easternmost Bosnia and Sandžak during this time.

Vojislav Šešelj, a leader of the Serbian Radical Party, held a rank of voivoda of the Chetniks, given to him in 1989 by Momčilo Đujić, a surviving leader of the WWII Chetniks who fled to the US.

During the Yugoslav wars, several paramilitary formations, including those by Željko Ražnatović "Arkan", wanted by Interpol, boasted Chetnik insignia and some of them committed crimes against non-Serbs. This has contributed to the negative image of Chetniks in Croatia and Bosnia who brutally killed many residents Vukovar, Srebrenica.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Motion used a personal attack. That’s a great deal different than anything that I have said about you, different enough to be against the TOS. You are not offended if I called you stupid?

*cough* "Man in the Mirror" is a very good song.

Back to topic.

Nice to hear from someone there in Bosnia. hopefully thing don;t go for the worse.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Whoa... this thread has gone downhill....

The quasi-country is divided along ethnic lines so Serbs and Croats have their cantons but have no control over the so-called Bosniak part. It is this area that is the subject of the topic.

Quazi-country???

The "quazi" country you talk about existed in 12th century already, as BOSNIA, with a king, land, money, documents and all that.
The today's Bosnia was recognized by UN in april of 1992 as a SOVEREIGN COUNTRY, so accept it and move on.

Also, I am surprized by your lack of knowledge of how Bosnia is organized today.
It is divided into two entities: the BOSNIAN-CROATIAN Federation, to that part belongs the part of Bosnia that remained under goverment control (goverment that was officialy recognized as such in 1992), the population of this entity is very much multi-ethnic and multi religious; the second entity is Republika Srpska, the part of Bosnia that was occupied by paramilitary extremist serbian forces during the war and which was "clensed" from non-serbs; to these paramilitary formations belong the "cetniks" that were led by men like Arkan, Seselj and other internationaly wanted criminals (they themselves chose to be called cetniks, we didn't give them that name). The other paramilitary formations were under the command of war criminals Mladic and Karadzic, with help from serbian president Milosevic and his army.

So both these parts are divided into regions or cantons, as we call it, to make the political process of peace and reconstruction of the country easier. The tasks are divided amongst smaller self-govening parts, which eases the ethnic tensions.

Anyways, this complicated goverment is actually governed by a EU high representative as I already mentioned in one of my earlier posts.
He sits in Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia, together with the presidents and parliament.
So, no quazi-country that you describe, but a very much legitimate country exists. Deal with it.

Anyways, this is way off topic here. We got plenty of threads already in which I have fully explained the history of Bosnia and the Balkan conflict.

Enjoy your Islamic "heaven" and we'll enjoy Metallica, White Stripes, Fatboy Slim, REM, Garbage amongst other acts

We had U2 back in 1997!! ha!! We pwnz y00 n00bz!!

Bono loves us

Anyways, what I wanted to say on topic here....

Oh yes, I remember.

People often talk about how Islam needs reforms, how it has to be closer to the west. Bosnian Islam has been through reforms more then hundred years ago. WE ARE IT. We are the thing needed to move everything forward, but we are constantly being ignored.
We have no shariah law, as I said, our legal system is based on austrian law. There is no compulsion in religion, most women do not wear headscarves (they only wear it if they want to, it is a personal choice). For decades now women have had the same rights as men, they go to schools, universities, get great jobs.
Life's pretty much like in any other european country.

We have tried so many times to point out that obvious fact to others, but somehow we are ignored. We are the "little people", unimportant piece of land, but we might actually be that much needed spark to light a fire across the world.

If I recall correctly Paperclip is currently living in Austria but from Bosnia.

Indeed

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
People often talk about how Islam needs reforms, how it has to be closer to the west. Bosnian Islam has been through reforms more then hundred years ago. WE ARE IT. We are the thing needed to move everything forward, but we are constantly being ignored.
We have no shariah law, as I said, our legal system is based on austrian law. There is no compulsion in religion, most women do not wear headscarves (they only wear it if they want to, it is a personal choice). For decades now women have had the same rights as men, they go to schools, universities, get great jobs.

Looks like Bonsia is very like my country. I'll make sure I pay a visit there when the chance arises.

We have tried so many times to point out that obvious fact to others, but somehow we are ignored. We are the "little people", unimportant piece of land, but we might actually be that much needed spark to light a fire across the world.

Its the way of life I guess. You guys have gotten used to living with one another, like here, my neighbours are Malay mulisms, some of my friends are Chirstians, a buddy of mine is a Hindu. We have a Mosque here in my area and not far away, a chinese Temple and less then a few kilometers away a church and just down the another chinese Temple. Hell, we even have a Hindu temple right beside a Chinese temple and both races and religion pay visits to each other.

Time will change people as generations will grew up with each other and understand each other more.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

In his Islamic Declaration Alija Izetbegovic the radical Muslim leader in Bosnia called for an Islamic controlled Europe starting with Bosnia...

Yes, that is correct. But he wanted to establish an islamic republic in a heart of Europe not Islamic controlled Europe. He was jailed for that in 1947 and again in early 1980's.

But this is a thread on terrorism. There are still some foreign islamic fighters in central Bosnia but they are under close surveilance. So they say.

What I find disturbing is that couple of days ago they arested Bosnian citizen on border beetwen Italy and Slovenia. The guy was smuggling half of kilo of plastic explosiv and couple of hand guns. Another arrest was made on Slovene-Croat border where the Croat citiyen was smuggling 10kg of plastic explosiv, 19 detonators 22.5 meters of fuses and couple of magazines for sniper rifle.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Thats is a Warcarft 3 cheat ?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
@paperclip

Your history is identical to that of Serbs & Croats who lived in the region. You were Christians who converted to Islam under the Ottoman occupation. When the Ottomans were chased out of Europe we faced a dilemma. Do we send you packing with the rest of the Islamic hordes or do we let you stay because you are Slavic. Two World Wars and the recent Civil War shows that we all made a big mistake.

Oh and Bono is a government tool. A complete moron, a buffoon. You are talking about 1997 I was talking about 2005. Anyway 1997 was the height of the propaganda campaign against Serbia. They were playing for the UN troops more than the muslims anyway and getting well paid for it too !

I maintain that Bosnia is an artificial state that has no future. It is an expensive waste of time to force together three entities that detest each other.
Kissinger said that the reason behind the war in Bosnia was not Serb striving for domination, but the simple fact that none of the local ethnic groups wanted to be dominated by another one and that the establishment of a separate Muslim state could be the best solution. That solution could lead, he said, to true political stability in the region over a longer period of time. The other two ethnic groups, Serb and Croat, should also be given the same option - to have their own states, or to join their parent states, Kissinger said in an article in the Washington Post

top topics

<< 1   >>

join