It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBE , does it take long to learn ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hello

I have some few questions about OBE :

How long does it take to learn ? It induvidally but like ca how long

Is it dangerous ?

Can someone give me some guides ?

^^

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I would have to say yes, it does take a while to learn.

I have been trying for about a year around once or twice a week. Everytime I reach a trance, I get nervous and immediately snap out of it. Sometimes I feel myself getting really close to the deepness and it also makes me nervous and snap out.

I am no expert, but I have read many things here and elsewhere, trying different techiques, but when I loose connection with reality, my mind gets scared and I snap out..

There are no dangers really, no one has died from it and you can't loose yourself because there is a life line to your real body.

I'll let the experienced tell you more.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
To answer your questions:

It can take a long time to learn and even longer to experience it effectively. A lot of how easy or hard it is depends on your attitude. If you are nervous, or scared, or apprehensive, then you will subconsciously fight yourself and try to prevent an OBE from occurring, as godservant has stated and as I personally have experienced. Relaxation and meditation techniques are generally helpful, as are visualisation techniques. For myself, I found that many of the techniques came quite easily to me. I am quite good at visualisation and relaxation and found it easy to reach the vibrational stage. It was here that I first encountered fear. It wasn't a fear of death or being possessed (which are baseless fears). It was the sudden realisation that "Oh my god, this might actually be real!" When you think of the implications of that, it can do a number on your mind. If OBE is real, what else that I have disregarded as whimsy or falsehood might also be real? What are the implications for religion, for reality, for self-awareness? That was my hurdle and it took me a long time to get over it. Experience and wise counsel from those more experienced than myself were the greatest aids in overcoming my fears.

Secondly, it has been my experience that OBEs are not in any way dangerous. Now, this is a point that will be contended by many, even on these boards. Some will say that you risk death if you travel too far or possession while you're out of your body. I don't believe any of this. I think that godservant is right: you are connected to your body. Why? Because it is your body. You cannot die whilst ni an OBE - the worst that can happen is that you will be returned to your body and wake up grumpy and tired. You cannot be possessed, either. Your body is your own. You are bound to it and you alone. This is not something I would worry about. Of course, others disagree, but I tend to think godservant has it right when he says that we haven't seen a person die from OBE-related causes, so therefore it is a safe practice. It's like cats and trees: have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? I haven't, so I think they can find their way back, just as you will always find your way back to your body.

I hope that has answered your question. As for tips (I assume for inducing an OBE): learn relaxation and visualisation techniques and practice them. My method involves lying comfortably in bed with my eyes shut (not while I' tired though or I'll fall asleep). I let my body relax gradually, in stages, from the points of my toes to the top of my head. I imagine my body growing heavier and heavier and then imagine myself beginning to drift slowly upwards even as my body grows heavier. I try to visualise myself lying on the bed in every tiny detail, as though I truly were standing in another part of the room watching myself. When everything is silent, you will hear a dim buzzing sound in your ears. I try to magnify it and make it as loud as I can. When my body feels as though it is vibrating, I know I am close to an OBE. This is known as the vibrational stage. Then, to induce the actual OBE, I imagine sitting up extremely quickly. Usually this is enough to do it. Everyone has their own methods though. You can try these or those presented by other people here whose wisdom is greater than mine. See what works for you.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Jeremiah presented a very good method to induce a projection but he is also blessed either through practice or natural ability with a heightened sense of visualization. Don't get upset if it does not come as easy to you, visualization is a long road to hone adequately and for most people is an extremely difficult task to master. Just keep at it, practice makes perfect applies to the spiritual as well as physical in this case.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Don't get upset if it does not come as easy to you, visualization is a long road to hone adequately and for most people is an extremely difficult task to master.

Baphomet is right, of course, and I should have made note of this. I have always found it extremely easy to visualise, but then again, I'm a writer, so that's like my bread and butter. But my girlfriend finds visualisation almost impossible. I get so frustrated at her for it: "Just picture the box in your mind ... Whaddya mean you can't!?! What's wrong with you??"

Try looking at something simple, then closing your eyes and trying to picture it in your mind, exactly as it is to the smallest detail. Then open your eyes and see what details you missed. You can try this with all sorts of things - I found that trying to form a perfect picture in my mind of my friend's faces was good practice.

Baphomet is right (as Baphomet usually is) in saying that practice makes perfect. You will get there in the end. It's up to you, really.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I just want to add that I know very little about OBE but thanks for enlighten me about it .

I have an very open mind and I have some abilities , though if that can help me or not I do not know.

I friend of mine that is about 27 years old now have managed to completely go out of his body , turn in the air and look straight at his body.

Do you think its possible to f.eks like my balcony I have a wall on the right side that prevents wind etc , is it possible to mabye after many years of traning to manage go around that wall and look on the other side ?

Thanks for the replies btw

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thats just the beginning bud, thats real time projection. Simply a conscious controlled out of body experience, now Astral Projection is where the real fun begins. Don't just study and practice to say hey I flew over your house last night to your friend. Real Time Projection is the first step, but Astral Projection is where the truly amazing experiences lie. Do it to better yourself spiritually not just for bragging rights. (Not saying you are at all, just throwing that out there.)

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
Thats just the beginning bud, thats real time projection. Simply a conscious controlled out of body experience, now Astral Projection is where the real fun begins. Don't just study and practice to say hey I flew over your house last night to your friend. Real Time Projection is the first step, but Astral Projection is where the truly amazing experiences lie. Do it to better yourself spiritually not just for bragging rights. (Not saying you are at all, just throwing that out there.)

I have not thought in any circumstances to brag about it , but it would be a cool thing to do

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I have been trying for about a year around once or twice a week.

An athelete won't make it to run in the olympics if they only run once or two days a week. In the same way, to achieve astral projection with any sort of frequency and fast enough, it must be practiced every single day. Ideally for at least 45 minutes at a time if you hope to have an astral projection as soon as possible.

Some people get lucky and AP on their first try, some people take months, some years. But basically if you want to AP within a month or two, practice every single day. otherwise it will take you a year or more.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm no expert on AP. However once when using a cheap Radio Shack bio feedback machine I experienced the vibration state and briefly felt the experience of floating above my body. But as godservant expressed, I became nervous and "snapped back"

Bio feedback could be a fast track to AP; maybe others can elaborate as I only had the one brief experience.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
To the beginning vibrational levels yes that could be possible, but nothing more than that. Then again, people have said that drugs are the short cut to out of body experience, (and no I'm not saying you use drugs at all) and sure they might have experienced something along those lines, but the intensity of it is to much for one who isn't trained to expect what is coming.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
So RV is done during OBE or AP right?

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I'm no expert on AP. However once when using a cheap Radio Shack bio feedback machine I experienced the vibration state and briefly felt the experience of floating above my body. But as godservant expressed, I became nervous and "snapped back"

I recently begun using the Brainwave Generator from bwgen.com. I can now get to the vibrational stage within minutes. However, once I do get there, my mind "knows" I am there, I think "I am here". It causes me to fall out of it, I get re-focussed, re-obtain the vib stage and the same thing keeps happening.

I know it is the vibe stage because I can hear cars go by in front of my house and it sounds like something I can't describe - like a vibrating echo.

How do you get your mind to ignore your progress? I try not to think about it, but it is like "wow, I am in this far."

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I have succesfully had an OBE, and it was really unexpected, i never even knew what an OBE was, until it really happened and i had to come on the internet and actually surf the web to see what had happened. I wasn't actually scared of it, i was actually kinda amazed and kept going with it... hard to explain, i heard my dog crying upstairs, and that's where i was going, just kinda floating it seemed like, right up the stairs, through the kitchen, and down a hallway, but at the end of the hallway i snapped out of it and i returned to my body, where i woke up amazed.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant

I know it is the vibe stage because I can hear cars go by in front of my house and it sounds like something I can't describe - like a vibrating echo.

How do you get your mind to ignore your progress? I try not to think about it, but it is like "wow, I am in this far."

The vibrational stage is when you feel your Chakra points vibrating from within, usually when in this state your hearing is very acute & sounds like lots of reverb being applied to your surroundings.
I find when my Chakra's start vibrating that it snaps me out as they're quite strong but i'm slowly learning to ignore them, they feel like mini heartbeats at your chakra points.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hello I tried the BrainWave Generator just now :

I used the Relaxtion nr 1 that was defualt and started playing that sound.

I sat still in my pc chair with wireless headset on lent backwards and was relaxed.

Then as Jeremiah25 said I should do was to visulise that my body was getting heavier after relaxing in every muscle , then I slowly raised my head , I felt that my neck and head was heavy . I raised my head about 10 cm and looked at my tv reflection when I notice my head was still on the back of the chair but I was 10 cm in the air.

Did I just OBE a little ?

I got scared so I just got back .........

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I used the following preset & found it very good for getting to the vibrational state.
www.bwgen.com...
It's called Boxed Nirvana & you need the full version or a cracked version to be able to import it. U2U me if you want more info.

[edit on 22-8-2005 by mclarenmp4]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
There's another forum dedicated to OBE, LD, RV & AP called astralpulse. I would link to it but were not allowed to post links to other forums.

fum

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
if u need help im a natural aura and remote viewer i have had obe and i can trance and meditate i have been trancing since i was a little kid jsut hvnt known what i was doing till a while ago umm i cant really obe atm if u read my post on where it says these tall black figures u might found out but long story short astral guardian i suspect removed my powers for now so im trying to regain everythign now i hope i can hlep u send me a u2u

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I got started last night (if you want to get technical I suppose last night to me was actually about 7:30am since that is when I was going to bed). It has been 4 years or so since I have last meditated so I did not get very far. I didn't even hit the vibrational stage. Maybe I was just too wired and anxious. I can see how people get frustrated. My experience last night was pathetic but I'm going to stick it out.

I saw a few posts about the brain wave generator that interested me. I still want to learn how to do it on my own but I am anxious to get started so maybe I'll give the BWGen a try.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join