It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Glucose testing meters

page: 1

log in


posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:34 AM
Im trying to get ahold of information on these new laser based glucose testing kits that isee emerging but the doctor(GP) seems reluctant in trying to look into it.

Is there something that i should be looking for.I doubt Dr's are getting paid off considering the new machines have a mach higher mark up.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:46 AM
Tarzan, I think what you are refering to is the use of a laser to collect a blood sample.

Cell Robotics International has a product they call the Lasette that useas a laser instead of a lancet to get the blood sample. Its uspposed to reduce pain etc.

In regards to your doctor. If he is unwilling to check this out for you, its time to find a new doctor. The sad truth about healthcare is that you have to be agressive. If he is not meeting your needs fire him. Period.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:59 AM
Is this what you are talking about?

Perhaps its more of a not being able to justify a 1000 dollar device to insurance when the old fashioned method works fine.

Perhaps he is a sadist and prefers you keep using lancettes.

Edit- Fred was faster than me lol.

[edit on 18/8/05 by Skibum]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:18 PM
There are meters, such as Freestyle, which need only a small amount of blood. You lance your arm, not your fingers.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:04 AM
its actually for my dad. I got an exchange for the machines that enable blood to be drawn elsewhere but after being a diabetic for 15 years he wants to looks at something more "modern"

I have enquire to hitachi about there new machine that has a relase date this year but who knows when it arrives down under.

it's that bad in oz it takes ages for the health bodies to test and sell things

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:06 AM
Is your fathers diabetes being manged by a regular doctor or an endocrinologist? If its a regular doc then I would reccoment that you have him get a consult and manage all of his diabetes care through the endocrine MD. Its what they specialize in.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:20 AM
he sees the endocrinologist ever 4 months and the Gp for "general followups". This is a new endocrinologist because he was unhappy witht he last one,And this one said he would "Look in to them"(being the machines)

The Gp is the one being less then accomodating

top topics


log in