It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs / EBEs here's your chance - do you believe ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I've never actually seen a UFO. By that I mean I've never seen an object in the sky that I couldn't identify or lump into a broad category (i.e. satellite, star, aircraft, etc.). But I haven't seen Bejing and I know that it exists. I do believe that UFOs are real and that some of them are alien vehicles.

Although I can never remember seeing a UFO, I do have some strange experiences from childhood. I have a vivid memory of seeing some strange creature staring at me...*shivers* Also, for some reason I was absolutely TERRIFIED of alien images. Whenever I saw a drawing of the standard Grey I would scream and go catatonic. I remember seeing one on a commercial for Time-Lifes Mysteries of the Unexplained and freaking out, running to a corner, and curling into the fetal position for like half an hour.

I don't think I was abducted or anything, no reason for me to think that...but it's just strange that I was that scared of a weird looking face.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have seen and experienced enough of the (uknown) to know that we are one of many life forms out there.

[edit on 18-8-2005 by menguard]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm a twin, my cousin Ramona's a twin. Here's my deal as taken as an excerpt from an email I wrote to Dr. Friedman:

"I want to take this opportunity to thank you for the work that you do and have done and will do... this planet needs more folks like you. I've been following things since about '68... when as a child I had a missing time thing happen while my cousin and I were camping in the back field at the cottage in Muskoka... and she prattles on still and is deathly afraid of orientals and bugs... and my interest has really picked up since I saw an orange ball over the Hwy 69 near Moon River last year. I can't help but think that the sheer number of reports will one day allow the public to extrude a politician of the caliber that will really do what they say and "out" the truth."

My recollection of the missing time is zero - Momo's is clear to her - to this day she still is mad at me for not backing her up.

Both our twins have now passed on - within a week of each other in '94. Neither had any UFO stuff happen to them.

So I sorta believe but want proof - like an alien carcass - I can butcher and prove to myself - Yup, dead alien - Momo you were right.
Or a crashed bizzaro propulsion vehicle - In my garage.

Although video evidence is compelling (I must have 100 or so shorts and lots of documentaries) and I am sure "something" is goin' on I don't trust the "evidence" as proof of Alien phenoms.
Most likely never will...

[edit on 18-8-2005 by highgroundsys0p]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3Just think about how many planets in the cosmos x "The drake equation" = all the proof you should need to know where not alone.

So what number do you use for the probability of life spontaneously generating on an Earth-like planet and where did you get it? Any equation that requires a speculative number is pretty useless to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Here's a link to the Drake Equation:
www.activemind.com...
It has a nifty little app to allow the user to play with the variables.
Have fun!

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I believe that anybody who spends a lot of time outside and looks up; will eventually see something unexplainable. ...
[edit on 18-8-2005 by whaaa]

I agree whaaa. I live in the country and there's always something up there that makes you go , "hmmmm...."

Last year I was outside of my building at lunch time ... bright sunny day ... One cloud in an, otherwise, perfectly blue sky. It was moving along at a pretty good clip (against the wind, as it were). I pointed it out to a friend just as it began to fade, the way you might expect it to do in a movie fade... Then just as it faded from sight, a bright flash of light at the very top, on a par with those flashing lights on the top of aircraft. Then, POOF!, it was gone.

I've kind of treasured that one for a while.

[edit on 18-8-2005 by sigung86]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ahh! I know what the Drake equation is, Im saying its useless right now, until we can accurately fill in that last variable by:

Probing enough earth-like planets to create an estimate
or
Determining the origin of life

Before either of those things are accomplished the Drake equation is incomplete. For right now Im filling in that last variable as 0.0, which gives me the startling product of 0.0. Anything else would be wishing, and thats not what equations are for. But someday it may have its use.

Thanks for the link.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join