It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs / EBEs here's your chance - do you believe ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Been involved with Ufology since about 1983 after seeing an old Rod Serling flick on the subject. Rejected it most of the way through until he put on a spinning something filmed above small mountain and I wanted to know what it was?.

Took fifteen years before I made my mind up as to if they were real or I was seeing a bunch of low-level special effects of the time.

I could'nt even interest my, then, 5 year old Son that perhap's there's something to UFOs? He just laughed at his Dad. Then I started reading, reading and reading more.

All I wanted was an answer to that thing floating in the sky on Serling's special. Now 23 years later, I'm still waiting for an answer but through research I have come to believe we are not alone here.

How about you what do you think about this UFO/EBE stuff?

Dallas

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that they are here.

Ever since I saw my first UFO when I was 9 years old I've been a believer.
The sighting wasn't some dot in the sky moving around. No. I saw it, a huge disc shaped object hovering near my house then flying away very fast.
Then another sighting a few years later.
Then the strangest thing I have ever seen, an object that looked like a liquid light. I did a thread on it a while ago here on ATS, might bump it to see if any newbies have some info on it.

And then the most spectacular one I saw: UFO being chased by a military plane, then a huge bright flash across the sky and one of those two crashed a few secs later. There were hundreds of witnesses of this event in my hometown, it happened in broad daylight, my cousin saw it crash, but we were not allowed nowhere near the crash site.
It was all heavily covered up and in Bosnia (my home country where the chase happened) nobody asks too much questions, people accept the coverup. Oh yeah, this happened in summer of 1997, the plane involved in the chase was probably american one, from a nearby peace keeping troups base.

So, I BELIEVE

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Well, I don't have paperclip's first-hand experience. All I have is what I have read and heard and seen on clips and on television. I really want to believe that there is something to this UFO stuff, one way or another. The problem I have is that I have been looking at this phenomenon on and off for many years and don't know any more now than I did when I began.

I have seen some clips which on the surface appear to be quite convincing. The Mexico 'UFO fleet' clips and the sts-48 shuttle footage, for example. But for every piece of seemingly convincing footage such as this, there are a corresponding number of legitimate, rational theories explaining what was on the video in mundane terms. Now, if I witness a piece of footage that seems to be genuine, I think to myself "Is this a hoax? What other explanations are there?" Unfortunately, more often than not, the answer is that it could be a hoax and that multiple alternate explanations exist.

I think that many sightings of craft which seem to defy accepted theories of aerodynamics may be advanced, experimental government craft. At this point, it just seems more likely to me than the explanation that they are alien craft. I would like to believe, but until I see something with my own eyes, I can't. And with so many years that haven't yielded any revelations, I'm beginning to think that maybe there aren't any to be had.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The vote isn't in on this one, in my books. We're too quick to jump on the alien band wagon, when there might be a whole different type of solution ...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hear-yah but are you sure the votes not in? Seems to me as soon as we go back in time before Photoshop and Chop and Digital images, we go into a past world with only a fraction of photos and film that managed to be held by the average photographer and that's where I think the real images are.

eg "Ed Walters" went through. To the point he does not get involved with the UFO problem anymore. He was hassled almost to death and despair.
People have suffered under OSI and they were just your average people making a living doing all things except filming UFOs.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
There is no doubt in my mind that they are here.

Ever since I saw my first UFO when I was 9 years old I've been a believer.
The sighting wasn't some dot in the sky moving around. No. I saw it, a huge disc shaped object hovering near my house then flying away very fast.
Then another sighting a few years later.
Then the strangest thing I have ever seen, an object that looked like a liquid light. I did a thread on it a while ago here on ATS, might bump it to see if any newbies have some info on it.

And then the most spectacular one I saw: UFO being chased by a military plane, then a huge bright flash across the sky and one of those two crashed a few secs later. There were hundreds of witnesses of this event in my hometown, it happened in broad daylight, my cousin saw it crash, but we were not allowed nowhere near the crash site.
It was all heavily covered up and in Bosnia (my home country where the chase happened) nobody asks too much questions, people accept the coverup. Oh yeah, this happened in summer of 1997, the plane involved in the chase was probably american one, from a nearby peace keeping troups base.

So, I BELIEVE

your usage of the phrase liquid light reminded me of an instance I had long forgotten about.... but thats left for another post...

the sheer amount of evidence (both real and fake) dictates that the UFO phenom will be along for a loooooooooooong time....

I fully believe in them, too mcuh of what I have studied keeps me pointed in that direction....

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Lets just forget ligths in the sky and sus government OPS for a second. Just think about how many planets in the cosmos x "The drake equation" = all the proof you should need to know where not alone.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I have not experienced or seen anything to make me believe.

Its purely about numbers and probability for me. The sheer number of stars in our galaxy, and galaxies in the universe is so numerous that for this single planet to be the only one in the universe to harbour life is so unlikely it is near impossible.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I've never seen anything myself, and until that happens there'll always be a doubt in my mind.

I think we are being visited, with some of the evidence holding more weight than others. A lot of the videos and pictures are inconclusive so I tend to steer to the side of caution with those, however, the most convincing thing for me (as I've said before) is the witness testimony of certain individuals. Several of these individuals were involved with the Disclosure Project.

Like everyone else, I feel frustrated that this topic has been around for quite some time but has made little real advancement. Hopefully that'll change soon, but then people have been saying 'soon' for 15 years at least.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hiya Dallas!

You guys have to understand where I'm coming from. I have seen unexplainable objects in the sky. I can not tell you what they were, but they flew some mighty interesting didos, that most regular planes, that I know of could not do.

The difference twixt you all and me is simply in what we believe are the origins of these things. Most of you who have responded here believe the alien explanation. That is what I believe the vote is not in yet on. There are a number of other possible explanations that could be just as valid. Alas, without proof we have nothing.

As an aside... The Drake equation is simply a "SWAG" kind of tool, and culd just as easily be wrong, in spite of our best guesses.

Having faith in something doesn't make it true. It is just as possible (although granted, unlikely) that there are many, many planets with life on them, but I surely wouldn't pin the word proof or even evidence on the drake equation. I would call it an opinion, but it isn't even based on experience, just some thought processes that one fellow had.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I have had many significant experiences of things not of this world, but only in my dreams. Not one sighting or experience has been in my waking state. I am unsure why this is as I am very sensitive to all manner of things. I hate the thought that others might be more 'enlightened' than I. Then again, judging on the usual 'enlightened' state of these individuals, I realise I have nothing to worry about.

I don't disbelieve, but I have no proof or reason to rationally believe at the moment. I too don't feel this has advanced enough for my tastes in terms of proof or experiences that we can chalk down to tangible truth.

I am not a doubting Thomas, but I want more data and facts before I can say I fully believe. People saying they saw 'something' they can't explain isn't good enough. I understand and respect instinct and fear, but that isn't enough to sway me over to the other side just yet.

In essence what I'm saying is a lot of Yes but a solid NO for the moment.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Good stuff. Nothing wrong with that view at all in my opinion. Seems you need evidence, which may never come in the form some of us want.

But taking little pieces of things a putting together the puzzle, after throwing out the disinfomation will be a tough job.

Ambition and looking at the past, in my opinion will narrow the scope to yes/no reality. Good post.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Dallas,

You should start up a thread entitled 'do you WANT to believe' in which case I would say Yes.

Yes I do.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Hey ! Go ahead and start it on your own. Your idea will catch on I'm sure..hell, I'll post something.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If you really want to see UFO's or you believe they are out there, like me, you should maybe try somewhere else other than nevada, take Scotland for instance, it has a large number of sightings up north and because it all woodland and dark it makes a good place to view the night sky, im only 18 but me and a bunch of my buddys are heading up there this summer sometime to go camping and keep an eye out. Although most likely when you want to see something it doesnt show, most things happen when your not expecting them.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Have something I thought (and still do) was important from Scotland. A picture taken by two young men as the UFO flew around a big power station and zoomed over their heads.

One of the men held his camera up and caught the bottom of the craft as it went over them, Very bizzare colours and a flash red streak too.

Scotland, sorry I cannot remember the town/city, but I do have it on tape.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I've been a believer since an early age. I don't know what exactly started it off. I've always been interested in the paranormal, and mystery related subjects but UFOs really took my interest.

Always the believer

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sounds like you saw "UFOS, Past, Present, and Future" back then Dallas.
An excellent special. (and one produced by Emenegger, who seems to crop up all over the place when it comes to more official UFO documentaries).

It's rumored that 12 seconds of the ACTUAL Holloman AFB landing is in that special. Not sure I believe that, but thought you'd find it interesting...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Years ago, September 1971, I came home from after school sports practice, topped the stairs and rounded the corner where my brohters were. I think we talked a couple of minutes and looked out over the railing at the beach and people.

Then back behind the house, over the canal, was a loud roar. People on the beach were standing, pointing back in that direction. The middle brother went to the side to look and we followed.

Out over the canal came a large globe headed in our general direction. Following that was a fighter plane. People were scrambling on the beach while we stood on the porch watching this amazing sight.

The incident lasted several minutes. Uou could see the pilot when he turned his head and the markings on the plane. But what held our attention most was the globe.

My brother remarked, "That's a UFO."

Both the globe and the plane proceeded out over the Gulf of Mexico some miles where we saw a large flash of light behind the billowy clouds.

The next night, or the one after, the Coast Guard was shooting off flares on the beach at the far side of the canal. It appeared they were searching for something or someone which seemed odd.

I don't know if these two incidents were related but I know that is what causes me to believe there is other life.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
In 1964 I saw 3 disks, each the size of a 25 cent piece held at arms length, steel colored, fly from west to east. This was in southern New mexico. This was my first sighting.

My most recent sighting was july 05 of a sphere, that flew into a cloud.

Between the two events I have seen other ufos, experienced the paranormal, been visited by MIBs and had other high strangness events happen to me that baffle my brain.

I don't view these event as romantic, just confusing to my normally skecptical world view. I tried to come up with logical reasons for everything Iv'e seen and no doubt their may be logical reasons that I didn't consider. Why some people seem to attract wierd ocurances I'll never know, but Iv'e accepted the fact that I am one of them.

I believe that anybody who spends a lot of time outside and looks up; will eventually see something unexplainable.

I am a fly fishing guide and outfitter part time so I have the oppurtunity to see things that folks who spend all their time staring at a monitor will never see. Peace

[edit on 18-8-2005 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join