It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I be a vigilante too???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
LOL seams to me your mad because I will not try to prove GOd is alive. When in fact yopu know I can not prove God is live. My point is because you want proof(show me showme showme) why dont you try asking God if he reall, see if he answers you. You still will never get evidents of his living, but he might try talking with ya in differents ways you just will never understand.I dont believe in coincidences in life. things just dont happen because. there is a power out.

You can never proof God is not living, its only your wish he isnt. Sounds to me you just dont like the idea of being judged for your wrong doing.

God is alive, and watching.

[edit on 27-8-2005 by slymattb]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
LOL seams to me your mad because I will not try to prove GOd is alive.

I'm not angry in the least. You make all kinds of claims but you don't support them. I'm simply calling you on the carpet.

When in fact yopu know I can not prove God is live.

...and you repeatedly enjoy pointing out that I can't prove he isn't. Technically, that makes you agnostic, since you recognize that it is impossible to prove (have knowledge) god's existence one way or the other.

My point is because you want proof(show me showme showme) why dont you try asking God if he reall, see if he answers you.

What makes you think I haven't? I used to be a borg again Christian.

Sounds to me you just dont like the idea of being judged for your wrong doing.

Sounds to me like you do.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I'm not angry in the least. You make all kinds of claims but you don't support them. I'm simply calling you on the carpet.

By supporting my claims, you want proof. Niether can be done.I can tell you what the bible says.
Romans 6v23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is enternal life in Christ Jesus our lord.
John 3 v 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
But you most likey know all this, all you wants is fact& proofs, none can be given, right now.

...and you repeatedly enjoy pointing out that I can't prove he isn't. Technically, that makes you agnostic, since you recognize that it is impossible to prove (have knowledge) god's existence one way or the other.

Cant prove to you. There are some ways to show God's alive to some. But still those that want to see have faith to believe.

So you knew God was alive, and now you dont. Sounds to me you where never fully born again. If you know God is alive you cant change, you just know he is alive and works his is love.

Sounds to me like you do.

To be honest I am not, I know I have done some bad things. I really dont want to be in front of God or Jesus well they tell me the bad things I have done. But its God's will, And ill go through it when its time.:

[edit on 28-8-2005 by slymattb]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

By supporting my claims, you want proof.

Yes, I want proof. If you can't provide it, I will keep laughing at you, just as you laugh and scoff others who make rediculous claims without proof.

I can tell you what the bible says.

I don't need you to tell me what the Bible says, I am fully capable of reading. Besides, i've read the silly book several times already.

Originally posted by spam

So you knew God was alive, and now you dont. Sounds to me you where never fully born again.

How arrogant that you think you can know what went on in my mind.

I thought I knew god was alive. Then I woke up and realized it was all just self deception.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Spamandham, you really brought the thread off topic, the guy only wanted to know about something that is actually important. You can be atheist on your own, but nobody likes it when you try and deceive them, and it never works anyways.
BTW, What exactly made you think GOd was self deception? I'd be interested to know, is it like you just woke up and thought it or what?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanD9
Spamandham, you really brought the thread off topic, the guy only wanted to know about something that is actually important.

BTW, What exactly made you think GOd was self deception?

What does this question have to do with what the guy asked?

You just chided me for bringing the thread off topic, and then continued to do the very same thing. Since I assume you legitimately wish to bring the thread back on topic, I'll refrain from answering your question.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Lol, I'm a hypocrite. Well, go ahead, I'd like to hear.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanD9
Lol, I'm a hypocrite. Well, go ahead, I'd like to hear.

What convinced me that god is delf deception?

I started by actually reading the Bible several times and found it to be disturbing. I read reems of books by Christian authors to try to 'understand'. It became clear that all they were doing was making things up that were nonBiblical, but could not be disproven (aka "apologetics") in an attempt to harmonize the nonsense in the Bible. That opened my mind to researching the history of the Bible and archaeological evidence in support/contrary to it. I discovered that although the Bible is historically accurate on some counts, it is grossly inconsistent with the physical and historical evidence on numerous other counts.

Not only that, but I discovered there was nothing really unique about Christianity and that Messiahs were a dime a dozen in the 1st century.

That was enough to reject the Bible as 'the word of god', but not enough to reject the concept of god. I became what I called a generic theist - I figured there must be a god, but that I could not really know much about him. After all, what created the universe right?

So that led me down the road of learning about philosophy and cosmology. I discovered that not only does the universe not have to have a creator, but the very concept isn't possible.

For a brief time I was then a Deist, until I finally recognized all I was doing was trying to cling to that which was comfortable.

By now I was willing to listen to what my former 'enemies' had to say (evil baby eating atheists like my present day self). The entire concept of god stems from ancient men watching the heavens to determine the seasons of the year. The god of monotheism grew out of sun worship. The gods of paganism grew out of assigning deities to other celestial objects. All this made perfect sense to men who noticed their livelihood was strongly correlated to the arrangements of stars, and not knowing what stars were, simply anthropomophised them into 'gods'.

The bottom line is, once you understand how the various modern religions came to be, it's impossible to take them seriously.

They all claim divine revelation, they all claim to be special.

"...which is another way of saying no-one is" - Dash from The Incredibles

Why should I take seriously the concept of an invisible supernatural creator god, when I know the concept originates in sun worship, I know the politics involved in the creation of the superstitions, and I know the very definition of this being is contradictory or ever changing?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join