It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC ufo report on 8-17-05 @ 5:30 picific time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
i was watching msnbc tonight and they were talking
about ufos. are they real or is it just in your head.

so i thought id take the time to watch and just see
what the government was feeding the media to
cover up the real truth since that is what the news

was made for. lol anyway...... the government now
belives and so do medical examinars that the whole

i was obducted by alians is all in a persons head.
msnbc reported that most of the people claiming

they were obducted were in fact not but made all
this up in there heads. how can this be if so many

people have came forth and shared there stories
and if they are fake what really did happen in roswell
new mexico all these years ago.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The belief that "its all in your head" usually comes from lack of research and skeptical bias. Having said that, it is true that some medical phenomena can explain some of the alledged abductee cases. An example of this is sleep paralysis. Often during an episode of sleep paralysis people have very real hallucenations often influenced by popular culture or their dreams from the previous hours. However, as I said before, this does not tell the entire story. Many abduction cases happen outside the home and while the abductee's are not asleep. Also, the sleep paralysis phenomena can only explain ET's appearing at the end of the bed while the victim feels tied down and imobile. It fails to explain the entire abduction including the medical examination and walk to and from the craft.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by DaTerminator]

[edit on 17-8-2005 by DaTerminator]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Of all the people making personal claims of alien encounters, most are ordinary people possessing a wide range of ordinary integrity. But those who are chosen to be held in front of the media are doing a job for disinformation, whether they are fully aware of that or not, and are often seduced for the position and served up to the public.

Of all the ordinary people who claim contact, some are telling the truth, some are lying, and some are doing both, either on purpose or by exaggerated misunderstanding. Few really know much about the alien races at all, even if they have a few personal experiences. Most pick up the ball and then run away from the aliens to join field. The liars mimic the popular opinions of popular authors and then add their own special twist. They justify this to themselves, and once they tell a lie, they will defend that lie over the truth.

Consider the dynamic of the investigative pool, the lure to the particular element of the support group, and the nature of the groupie. Sensationalism gets the interest and particular stories told. Secret govt agent leaders in the field recommend particular personalities and set the standard for popularity vs ridicule. This is the same style in which information is manipulated and fed to the medical examiners! Unless a chosen medical examiner is a progressive alien experiencer himself, how could he know anything true at all about the alien races and what people claim? And for his own sake he had better not speak up now!

The individuals who misrepresent the alien races are not trustworthy subjects for the alien races to share public information with. Those who misrepresent the alien races for any reason do not progress in their contact, if they actually have any at all, but it hardly makes any difference- they willingly fill the need for professional maintenance of public fear and confusion. If they look foolish and discredit themselves, all the better for the govt campaign.

Those who truly come to know the alien races, do not fit the profile for the investigative pool or the abductee support group. They know far more than the investigators. They are warned and harassed by govt agents. They are independent and not looking for any help with handling the aliens. If they join a group looking for peers, their positive attitudes don't fit in. They are blackballed by the leading liars due to fear of exposure and/or jealousy, and by the govt professionals who steer the bandwagon of whole ufo field in the wrong direction.

You will know which professionals to listen to when an open, leading body on Earth finally creates a public world media forum that equally includes the voice and position of the alien races.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The MSNBC UFO thing said that it could be due to people going under anesthesia during an operation at some point and they were not fully asleep so their brain created a weird memory. They will only recall this later on but it will seem so real and it will be brought on suddenly by something minute, even a light. This to me sounds quite plausible.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
The MSNBC UFO thing said that it could be due to people going under anesthesia during an operation at some point and they were not fully asleep so their brain created a weird memory. They will only recall this later on but it will seem so real and it will be brought on suddenly by something minute, even a light. This to me sounds quite plausible.

Plausible? No.

Because very few abductees have ever had an operation.

And many abductions take place when the person is fully awake, driving or walking somewhere.

And I am yet to hear any good answer to explain why abduction memories, very similar to adults, show up in very young children, like 2 or 3 year olds. Imagination or cultural influence to not explain it: the children describe these encounters very much like adults, in their own words, and display the type of reaction that is only associated with a real life event percieved by the individual.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I am watching this now, a re-peat from earlier today
This has got to be the most stupidest therory they`ve came up with yet!
Thats right how many people have an operation an claimed they have been abducted?
" Count Down" shame on you LOL

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The television means have what politica book is called in which news filter all, as much politicas as no. It is not possible to be trusted t.v, show what they want that you see. They always denied the fenomeno ufo

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I am all for finding out the truth, but the debunking theories floating around are sometimes really ridiculous.

I suffer from sleep paralysis and I can tell you that it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with any aspect of alien abduction.
Sleep paralysis lasts usualy only seconds right after you wake up. The common symptoms are: not being able to feel your body, strange sound (like wind), and feeling of suffocation/someone sitting on your chest/presence in the room.
Sleep paralysis explains a lot of accounts of out of body experience, where people report coming back to their bodies moments before they fully wake up, a feeling very similar to sleep paralysis symptoms.
It also explains the Hag Phenomena.

But not UFOs or abductions. Deffnitely not.
I've had hundreds of sleep paralysis episodes during my life and I have never hallucinated seeing a UFO and being taken on a ship by aliens. Never. Despite my OBSESSION with UFO phenomena.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I watched this on MSNBC last night... some problems with the theory....

MSNBC: Abduction accounts relay that the alien encountered is tall.
MSNBC: They are usually green.

Unless I am mistaken.... I thought abduction accounts were of small grey beings. Their report puts pay to the little green men stories!!

It was made to fit in with the professor’s theory of people recalling what had happened during an operation..... Tall beings (operating staff leaning over the operating table) Green beings (Surgical gowns as stated are usually green, but as mentioned on the show, not always the case)
Another load of hogwash I believe. I wonder how long the professor in question was working on his "great new find" ????
Good job abductee’s accounts of probing wasn’t brought up and made to fit his scenario.... who knows what he would have come up with!!

Anyhow.... great TV which made me stay up till 1 am!!
That’s my two cents.

new topics

top topics

join