It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen (or knows someone who has) a thunderbird?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Okay, I seen it again (11/8/05). This time it was right before I went into my bus. Now that I got a better look at it, I think it might have been some kind of falcon or eagle. The only thing that puzzles me is that I never seen a bird of prey fly like that. It flew around a bit and spiraled down until it landed somewhere near a creek. I really need to study the flight patterns of birds..........

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Grab a camera and see if you could capture it on film.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The thunderbird was a native american god that soared the skys and when it flapped its wings thunder would cover the land and when he looked down at earth lightning would strike in the same spot, unless the natives were right about the many gods then i dont think the thunderbird exists today, unless they were fearful and mistook the bird as a god then its just mythology, but then again who says that christianity has found the "real" god and that the natives where wrong,In my opinion you just saw a large hawk but i didnt see what your family and yourself saw so i just stick with the facts right now and say that i dont know.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
In Phoenix there is a charitable organization that goes bythe name Thunderbirds and do alot of good in the community... They run the Phoenix Open PGA event ( FBR Open) And these guys are a bunch of millionaire businessmen who donate time to worthy causes
www.phoenixopen.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acekwak
Okay, I seen it again (11/8/05). This time it was right before I went into my bus. Now that I got a better look at it, I think it might have been some kind of falcon or eagle. The only thing that puzzles me is that I never seen a bird of prey fly like that. It flew around a bit and spiraled down until it landed somewhere near a creek. I really need to study the flight patterns of birds..........

This is typical of Hawks and Falcons who KNOW where their prey is...and are simply waiting for it to reappear, perhaps from under a rock or log too big for the bird to remove. I work next to a closed down airbase which has a HUGE rodent population and of course, hawks.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I would like to remain a-non-o-muss in this matter . In 1982 I was fishing in Lake County Illinois ,35 miles north of Chicago ,7 miles east of lake Michigan.The area i was fishing is heavily wooded ,Des Plains river to the east of me and lake Minear to the west . I wasn't having much luck fishing at the lake. I started walking towards the river .I seen an old picnic table half covered in moss , i sat to have a smoke. The shade was perfect ,the breeze was blowing hot humid air into the canopy of the woods,i was perfectly content ,but something felt strange .You ever get the feeling someone is watching you. You look around and discover someone actually is .I looked around...... behind me ..in front of me ..left ...right...nothing ..i grinned ......My grin didnt last long ,i still felt that creepy feeling someone was watching me.

I don't know why but i turned my head,, over my right shoulder and looked up .mother ****** Thats what i said ***...I was frozen ...about 30 feet from me sitting on a branch of a small cottonwood tree was a f****** black bird 6 feet tall ,about to bust the branch he is perched on .
Just watching me ..I could see in that birds eyes it was an intelligent s.o.b. the way it observed me .I was about to have a f****** heartattack ..
For some reason i told myself """its an illusion ""Not real"""no bird is that big """

I was scared ,this bird looked intimidating ,,it could have eaten me ! i am sure .
Wooosh A mighty flap of his wings 2 times and he was 30 feet straight up over the canopy .The wingspan was at least 20 feet possibly 25 feet .I sat still on the picnic table still in shock ..a dream like state ..
I looked up to see the giant make a pass over me ,just skimming over the tops of the trees .and a second pass and he was gone ..

He looked like a giant crow ..mixed with a falcon or eagle . the beak was absolutely straight .Black as night 100%from head to talons.

I told some friends ,nobody believed me .I know what i saw .I wont never forget it ,but i am not obsessed about it anymore .I post because i seen a documentary about this on the history channel. I just want anyone who documents this sort of sighting to know the year and location for their data .
They call it a blackhawk and believe>> thats a perfect name for it .
i didnt know there was so much about this on the net i am off surfing .
a-non-o-muss

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
When my sister and I were very young, playing in the back yard at our grandmother's house, a huge shadow passed over us. I looked up thinking it was a storm cloud, and saw a large solid black bird. It turned its head down to look at us, then looked ahead. It never flapped its wings. There were mature pecan trees at the edge of the yard, it barely skimmed over the top of them. My grandmother saw the bird from the kitchen window, and ran out to get us, she thought it was going to attack. I went with her into the living room to look through the bird book, nothing in there looked like it. It was not a condor, not an eagle, not a hawk. It mostly looked like a teratorn which I never saw a picture of until the advent of the internet. My sister and I asked our grandmother on her death bed about remembering the bird, she became very lucid, and said 'yes, we saw it, and don't ever let anyone tell you that you didn't'. It has been almost 40 years since we saw the bird, in Charlotte, North Carolina.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acekwak
I've read some of the threads on thunderbirds and no one has witnessed a thunderbird themselves. I got into this whole thunderbird thing when I had a discussion with my uncle on strange creatures. Apparently he, his cousin, my aunt, grandma, dad, and possibly grandpa have all seen this massive winged-beast at some point in their lives. My uncle along with his cousin and wife have seen something huge fly low over his house about 2 years ago. I think it was around sunset. My uncle says that it looked much like a pterodactyl and that it flew like one also. It flapped it's wings while slightly bobbing up and down, so it coulnd't of been an eagle; not to mention that most birds are asleep by 6:00. For those of you who have seen the Jurastic Park movies, you know what they look like. It was even the same dark brown color. Then, when my dad and uncle were driving to work one time (they both work at the same shop) they noticed a large winged creature standing on a tree in the forest (it was about 7:15am). Laslty, my grandma says she seen it also at night when she came to town. My grandpa also seen it, but he says that he knows what it is. He doesn't speak English, and I couln't translate the name of the bird he gave. He discribed it and from what he was saying, I think he was reffering to a night heron which do live in the area. Maybe it was night herons that they were all seeing, but could that be easily mistaken for a 6-foot tall animal with a wingspan of about 25 feet? I'll give more detail on these interesting stories as soon as I can. The first sighting ocurred not long before that UFO sighting in Tinley Park, it was a full moon, and strangely; my uncle had a wolf snooping behing his fence. I don't think wolves live in my area. Anyway, thats besides the point. There are no pictures (unfortunately) so don't ask.
So......have anyone of you seen this so-called thunderbird?

I have 20 years worth of accumulated sightings by people - which number nearly one hundred. Given that I am in Australia, and most of the sightings are in north America, that's pretty good going. I am trying to get a publisher to pick up on it and give it a run on the shelves.

Interestingly, 99% of those reporting the sightings DO NOT WANT recognition, money or attention - they are just concerned/upset/amazed/excited that such things even exist in their opinion.

I found one site a few years ago where people report weird things - and there are a lot of 'thunderbird' sightings in there: ie

paranormal.about.com...
paranormal.about.com...
paranormal.about.com...
paranormal.about.com...
paranormal.about.com...
paranormal.about.com...
paranormal.about.com...
paranormal.about.com...
paranormal.about.com...
paranormal.about.com...
paranormal.about.com...
paranormal.about.com...
paranormal.about.com...
paranormal.about.com...
paranormal.about.com...
paranormal.about.com...

Duncan

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
me and my friend saw something at around dusk that we couldnt explain a few months ago. but i just saw a show about thunderbirds on the history channel and i decided that it had to be a thunderbird. it flew over our heads and made a big circle like alot of birds of prey do. but it was bigger than any bird i could imagine. the only explanation - a thunderbird. i also live in illinois and ive heard that illinois was where many sightings were.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I did see something last year. I was driving home from work in the Naperville/Warrenville area, and I saw a shape high in the sky (west & way up). It just looked oval at first, like it was spinning. A small (Cesna?) airplane was at a similar height, and I realized the thing was right about the same size. I was driving west, and it spun in tight close circles as it descended rapidly. I was on a curvy section of road that runs just south of and parallel to the expressway (88?). When the thing (which at times looked the shape of a kids swimming pool twirling around up there -- like a wobbly frisbee) had me amazed -- I didn't know what the heck it was. THEN, it was in view - an enormous bird - maybe 20 - 40 feet from my car -- it stopped circling - swooped down - and opened its wings and started flapping right up in front of me - then turned over a swampy area to the left (south) of my car - and continued southeast until it was behind and out of sight. IT WAS HUGE!!! I swear the trunk of the body looked like the size of me!!!!! (the description of sizes here is NOT an exaggeration -- it really was that big) -- This is gonna sound crazy or made up -- but this really happened -- it was last summer - maybe June? The wingspan Each Wing looked to be about the length of a bus. it was Black in color - and moved fast - but with just a few big swooping flaps of its wings - as the road curved, I tried to keep an eye on where it went, but I was looking back and the road was too curvy. The weird thing was that nobody in their cars anywhere was looking up at all... nobody else seemed to notice. I almost ran off the road (there's a curb there - nowhere to pull off). I don't have a cell phone, and I didn't have a camera in the car. I did make a sketch that day, and I'm sure I can find it. It was THE weirdest, most shocking thing I have ever seen in my life. If I find the sketch, I can take a picture. I'm sure it has the date on it. Is there somewhere I can upload it to here?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
can somebody tell me what a thunderbird is because i am new to this forum

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
can somebody tell me what a thunderbird is because i am new to this forum

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone will read this because this thread might be old.

But i just seen a thunderbird no less than a hour ago.

I did some research on it when i got home, I read descriptions on it, and it looked like that.

It was black with a white ring around the neck.

If you wanna ask more.

www.myspace.com/tonyiommi

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I believe i have seen one. It was dark and i was laying on my roof( wierd IK) but anyways i was talking to someone on the Phone jsut kinda star gazing and i notived something VERY big it appeared to be a Brid of some sort it struvk me as very odd becasue i had never seen a bird so big before, i asked the person i was on the phone with if they could hold on because i was looking at something. I Watched this bird as it flew over me and into the Illinois coming from the iowa side of teh mississippi river.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I have seen 2 sightings in the last month here in Chillicothe IL of a very large bird with a wing span of 6 ft or more. I thought I was crazy but reading stories on the internet about this convinced me they are the same birds. It was dark so I didn’t get a good look at it but I could feel the air from the large wings and could hear them flap. One of the sightings I seen it fly from the ground to the telephone wires and when it landed it looked like it was around 4 ft high.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
My uncle Chas (God rest his soul) use to see (and hear) alot of strange flying creatures.

He drank Thunderbird.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Acekwak
This story takes place in the olympic range of washington state specifically snow lake summer of 1993. When i was10 years old my dad, uncle, and I went on a camping/fishing trip for the weekend. It was about a 7 mile hike up to the lake which rested in this beautiful mountain cove. We get there unpack camp and do alittle scouting the first night, the next day we get up and spend the whole day fishing. About mid day I decided to lay back and look around at the top of the tree line that surrounded us, then i heard a noise which sounded like the low rumble of a plane in the sky or the sound of a constant low rumbling thunder. Hearing planes before I began to look in the sky for one, no plane to be seen. Then this bird caught my eye it was flying about as low as the top of the trees, so I was able to catch a nice detailed look at it. It was around the size and shape of a large eagle, with a normal size wingspan, (the wings looked as if they were cupped, almost like two wings joined back to back) it had a large beak which almost resembled a tocans but closer to a phorusrhacidae, the color was amazing it was dark like a raven but when the light hit the surface of the bird it sort of shimmered which reminds me of a huming bird purple, and the tail looked as if it was an arrow shot into the ass end (long and skinny with feathers on the tip). So out of wonder and curiosity I naturally stared at this thing, now i was 10 at the time so I really didn't know much about birds but i knew this thing was something wild. As I stared at this creature flying straight over me I relized that it was slightly moving each wing individually and when it did that low rumbling sound would change from low to high, at that time I relized that the sound I was hearing wasn't a plane. That thing in the sky was making those noises with its wings somehow. When it was almost directly over head I nudged my dad and said "dad look at that bird", but he just told me to be quiet or the fish would hear me. So I tried to get my uncles attention but he just did the same thing. As the thing passed over me it tilted its eye downward my way, I continued to watch and listen as it passed behind me above the tree line and dissappeared somewhere above the mountain range forest. It was almost like time had slowed down once i saw this creature it was almost like I was the only one hearing and seeing this thing in the sky. It is something that I will never forget.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Acekwak

I had an extremely large gird about the size of a small hang glider pass directly over my head at about 20 feet.
I think it was a Harpy eagle though. I think most sightings are are a mis-identification of a Condor.
There was a huge eagle from about 3,000 years ago which is what the Native American legends refered to, there may be a few still around in remote areas of Canada that migrate from the western plains in late autumn.
Mythologicaly the thunder bird is a shamanistic elemental that is seen in dream visions. If you see it you become a sacred fool, contrary, or Heyoka.
edit on 8-10-2015 by cryptic0void because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I had a friend I worked with once that "claimed" he saw a giant bird the size of a car fly across the interstate he drove down every night going to work he drove with the windows down to not waste gas using the ac and he said he heard a sound like someone beating a rug on a tree above him he poked his head out of the window and almost wrecked when he saw this thing in the sky lol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join