It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"FCS" precursor tech brutally effective in Iraq against terrorists.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I came across a video that highlights some of the FCS tech that’s already being applied in Iraq. Its pre FCS for sure, but the effectiveness at this early stage is awesome.

This video shows three Iraqi's firing a few mortars from a school yard then scooting away.

Why do they shoot and scoot? Because the USA has deployed rapid detection radars that can not only detect debris and objects in the air like mortars (it can even detect IED debris and shrapnel) it can pinpoint the source instantly. The murderers must shoot and move quickly before the Americans can arrange a counter strike.

Now imagine UAV drones flying overhead being fed this data. The murderous insurgents have but a few seconds to get away before they are obliterated.

Check the video here

In this case, the UAV was not prepared to strike and followed the target until it was. The UAV also can feed coordinates to artillery miles away, strike teams, Predator drones, and even "intelligent" counter mortars that can strike within a couple of meters of a coordinate.

These are the things that are happening in Iraq every day that you dont hear about, these are the many dozens of daily success stories that dont make the news.

The war is being won, handedly, and the ISF is more powerfull every day. The days of the insurgents are numbered thanks to tech like this.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
WOW, that video was wild. They never seen it comming, what kind of bomb was dropped I wonder?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
WOW, that video was wild. They never seen it comming, what kind of bomb was dropped I wonder?

The source said it was the drone that fired, but I dont think so. I am guessing it was a coordinated attack with an Apache, I dont know that they would use artillery in an area that congested.

But this video also points out the insurgents ever changing tactics. They know they must move quickly and have a plan. A truck waiting near by ready to go. If it wasnt for this tech, the insurgents could fire many more mortars before detection.

Cat and mouse.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I dont think it was the UAV, i guess it could have been im not sure how big of missles can be carried.

top topics

join