It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 300 Simultaneous Bomb Blasts Across Bangladesh

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
There has been a series of simultaneous bomb blasts across Bangladesh. Leaflets, some written in Arabic and others in English, calling for implementation of Islamic law were found near the scene of the blasts. Some leaflets are reported to have said: "Bush and Blair be warned and get out of Muslim countries. Your days of ruling Muslim countries are over."

BBC: Bombs explode across Bangladesh

There are bomb blasts all over the country

The explosions went off in the capital Dhaka as well as several other cities, including the port city of Chittagong.

They are said to have taken place in front of government buildings, markets and court premises.

More details are expected soon.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This sounds serious...

They updated the article...

same link as above

Police officials say it is still not clear who was behind the blasts.

But leaflets from a little known Islamic group, Mujahideen Bangladesh, have appeared at the site of some of the blasts.

"It is time to implement Islamic law in Bangladesh. There is no future with with man-made law," the leaflets say.

Channelnewsasia.com: Around 50 bombs explode across Bangladesh: police

Around 50 bombs exploded almost simultaneously in cities around Bangladesh on Wednesday, police said, including around 15 in the capital Dhaka and 20 in the southern port of Chittagong.

Police in some of the cities said leaflets calling for implementation of Islamic law were found near the scene of the blasts, some written in Arabic and others in English.

Mazeedul Haq, Chittagong's police commissioner, said a group calling itself Jamayetul Mujahideen had signed leaflets reading: "It is time to implement Islamic law in Bangladesh. There is no future with with man-made law."

A police official in Barisal said leaflets had been found there reading: "Bush and Blair be warned and get out of Muslim countries. Your days of ruling Muslim countries are over."

The Courier-Mail: 100 bombs explode across Bangladesh

MORE than 100 small bombs have exploded almost simultaneously in towns and cities across Bangladesh, including 15 in the capital Dhaka and 20 in the south-eastern port of Chittagong.

A total of 111 explosions occurred near bus and train stations, courts and administrative buildings, various police officials said.

Related News Sources:
CNN: Bomb blasts shake Bangladesh
AP via Yahoo! News: Bangladesh Rocked by Bomb Attacks
TurkishPress.com: Around 50 bombs explode across Bangladesh: police

This is not on ATSNN yet. ATSNN and ATS threads can co-exist. I will appreciate if you also include a link to my thread if you make a submission. Thank you!

[edit on 2005/8/17 by Hellmutt]

[edit on 17-8-2005 by RANT]
Number of Bomb Blasts Has Increased

[edit on 17-8-2005 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Wow, another terrorist attack in a Muslim country...I wonder how people will try to pin this on the U.S.?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
50 simultaneous bomb blasts??!!
Thats a very big number of bomb blasts!

It requires loads of logistics to carry out an op like that..

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
This was well planned Daedalus3 you are correct

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I have an idea.

Why don't we just bomb them?

Then they'll stop bombing us, right?

If we bomb them good enough that is.

But no...

We'll just let them bomb us for now.

Until they bomb us really good.

Then...

Glass factory.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I have an idea.

But no...

Then...

Glass factory.

Who are "we" and "us"?
Bomb who?

You think the US should bomb Bangladesh because extremists in Bangladesh bombed Bangladesh?

Join in the mayham or something?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I doubt its Al-Qaeda. It might be the same offshoot of Al-Qaeda that is attacking Muslims in iraq. Mainstream Qaeda wants against the West. These guys want against fellow Muslims, and mainstream Qaeda doesnt agree. But mainstream Qaeda cant do anything because provoking a civil war within itself would result in its collapse.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Its not Al-Qaeda..
The war in Iraq has made these retards spring up in every muslim nation..
Its a fringe militant group called Jamat-e-islamiat..
I'm watching the news here in India..
Reporters are saying that so far no casualties have been reported, only abt 20-30 injured..
But obv. its too early to say..Its only been a couple of hours since its happened..
Anywhere from 6 to 10 bombs in around 8 to cities..
widespread chaos..
Also preliminary reports claim the bombs to be small and home made..but remote detonated..
Certain reports also claim that one guy has been arrested with a bomb in his
pocket..

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The United States has never had nor will ever have any interests in Bangladesh (East Pakistan) which is almost completely surrounded by India. Whatever is happening there is a completely internal problem and may be related to an al Qaeda struggle against Hindu India (if you think the hate Christians, they REALLY hate Hindus)

[edit on 8/17/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Wait, people are surprised that 'the al-Qaedas' are getting up to trouble?

Come on, anyone noticed what is happening in Isreal right now? Anyone else seen the big com base the US are building on prime land in Isreal that is to be finished by the end of August? Anyone read about Cheneys Guns of August? Conplan 8022? Anyone heard about the threats only a matter of time away for America?

Propaganda is always ripe before a war breaks out. Psy-ops are always ripe before a war breaks out. An enemy is alwasy fired up before a war breaks out. Innocent deaths don't void propaganda techniques.

I expect 'the al-Qaedas' to be 'linked' to a few more attacks around the world in the next few weeks. Just remember who will start the war, who will be blamed and again, who will benefit, only then will you get close to the real Maestro of all these bombings.

The chess game is about to begin, everything is in place, a few 'terrorist attacks' will be the first pawn move for the US to be able to start their new game.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

The chess game is about to begin, everything is in place, a few 'terrorist attacks' will be the first pawn move for the US to be able to start their new game.

Like what? A war against Iran? The nuclear drill against his own country to have a reason to invade Iran? The New World Order??

Please explain because it's not as clear as I would like it to be.

Thanks and peace!

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The United States has never had nor will ever have any interests in Bangladesh ...
...Whatever is happening there is a completely internal problem and

No?

I thought the US was fighting a war on terror?

How exactly doesn't this qualify?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Their skins a funny colour and the aint got no oil.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
also somebody said that, the leaflets were demanding that bush and blair leave Iraq and AFghanistan..
This is unconfirmed though..
And about the hindu bit..well..yeh.. Its not all loving between them in India..but note that India has the second largest muslim population in the WORLD!! And obv. there's loads of hindus here too..
We try hard to maintain peace and firendship between the religions..
But there are always some nutcases on either side who blow things outta proportion once in a while..
Point in Case: Gujarat riots...
Anyways.. these balst weren't targetted at any hindus.. Thats total rubbish..
The demands clearly stated islamic law in Bangladesh and US withdrawl from the middleeast.. No hindus mentioned anywhere..

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Yeah we're fighting a War on Terror...a War on Terror against US!

This seems to be an internal problem to Bangladesh that needs to be taken care of by their internal police and/or military forces...I've never seen any suggestion that the government of Bangladesh has ever supported any terrorism against U.S. or allied targets.

Of course I'm sure the United States would be willing to provide any services we can to the government of Bangladesh to help them, but this isn't a situtation where the U.S. would want to act militarily against them...is that what you want?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Their skins a funny colour and the aint got no oil.

Ah.. don't be too sure about the oil bit..
Also.. "funny skin colour" is totally relativistic wouldn't you say??

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I have an idea.

But no...

Then...

Glass factory.

Who are "we" and "us"?
Bomb who?

You think the US should bomb Bangladesh because extremists in Bangladesh bombed Bangladesh?

Join in the mayham or something?

You know...Them...Those bastards...Everyone knows who "they" are, surely...

I know who "us" is 'though...At least, I'm pretty sure I know who "us" is...I say "we" pound "them"...Say, are you one of "them" or one of "us"?..Or am I one of "them" and you're one of "us", I mean "you", no "them"...No, wait, now "you" are trying to confuse me...You must be one of "them"!..Get him!..I mean "them".

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Yeah, you know, those bastards. The ones who killed Kenny.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Like what? A war against Iran? The nuclear drill against his own country to have a reason to invade Iran? The New World Order??

Please explain because it's not as clear as I would like it to be.

Thanks and peace!

Military dominance over the world, starting with the areas of the world which in 10 years will be the crux of power. Those who own the distribution of oil, own the most power over the rest of the world. Currently Islam owns this and America needs it to survive, so, as the PNAC states, America is taking it's chance at becoming the uncontested super-power via military dominance.

To start a fire, you need a spark and one of the easiest ways to start a fire is to set off extreemists. Make their claims valid, help their cause look like a threat to others, make them look organised, give the impression they work like a hive etc etc.

For example: The CIA organise and fund an agent to organise a group. This group believes they are working towards the greater Islam, they are fed religious propaganda, they are told extreemism is pure Islam, they are brainwashed more or less, they are given a name, they are given instructions, they are given the means and they are even assisted if needed. Their attack happens, Islam is blamed as a whole, extreemism is promoted as a global threat and an enemy is born.

Look into the history of Arab assassins. Look into MK-ULTRA.
Molding weak minds is not hard to do, it's been happening for centuries. People join the Army to 'find a reason for their lives' and they are mentally conditioned to do what they are told, not to stray, not to let down the cause they have joined up for etc etc. It's the same thing, molding minds to accept the fate you assign them, albeit, Terrorism is an extreem example but the premis is the same.

They don't need to organise all the bombings, soon enough real cells will be born and will fight back on their own. These are the ones which warrent the wars, these are the ones we see on TV, these are the ones we are taught to hate because they hate us.

At the end of the day, who benefits will almost always show you who's pulling the strings.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

At the end of the day, who benefits will almost always show you who's pulling the strings.

Hmmm can't see anyone benefiting yet from Iraq. or israel or is it too early to tell?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join