It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 a lot clearer now in google earth, looks like an updated image.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
51 is a lot clearer now in google earth....just take a look for your self, you can see planes and everything.

-Late

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Interesting. Any chance you could post a screenshot? I am currently suffering under the tyranny of dial-up internet and every single time I have tried to download GE it has gone belly up.

jra

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hey it is too. Sweet! About time they put a highres image for Area 51.

I can make out some F-16's, some helicopters of some sort and some 737 (the Janus flights I would assume)

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Very nice quality now. What's with the purple lens flare just under the long yellow building that's under the big hangers? Must be a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Is there a link for those coordinates?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I want to add to those requests for a screen shot or some coordinates... I'm not THAT good at geography...

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Go to google, search for "google earth"

Once you've downloaded it and installed it open up the "my locations" bit.

In there you should see "Area 51" if you double click it it'll take you straight there

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
"Hey, I think we should add some screenshots for Jeremiah and blanketgirl".
"Yeah, me too. Let's add the screen shots".
"Those two are right, adding screenshots would be a fantastic idea - proof of our generosity and manliness".

Looks as though it's unanimous. I guess some generous, manly person will have to add the screenshots then ...

Burgess - every time I've tried to dl Google Earth, there is an error. It's killing me.

[edit on 17/8/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Another few points of interest:

You can get a great closeup view of ground zero in NYC - tight enough in to actually make out the makes and models of the pickup trucks at the site, as well as pedestrians on the sidewalk outside of the site.

The rooves of the White House and the administration buildings on either side (the figure 8 shaped buildings) are not censored out, as they are in the google maps views (though, they're fairly old, as there's several rooftop structures there now that don't appear in Google Earth).

The Capital Building, which is blurred out in Google Maps, is crystal clear in Google Earth.

You can see the reconstruction work happening on the Pentagon (on the 395 side). The lawn is still dirt, and there are several work trucks and construction trailers around the area (I'm guessing that photo was taken in early to mid 2002, as the exterior work appears complete).

jra

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Burgess: There is no Area 51 in the "My Places" list, unless you make a bookmark yourself.

But here are some pics for those that can't get Google Earth. The coordinates are on the bottom left.

Hope those are good. I can take more, if anyone wants to see a close up of a certain area.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Only sad thing is, NORAD keeps track of EVERY peice of "debris" in orbit, including all satellites. You can bet your ass they know everything that the satellite carries (transponders, upling/downlink Freqs/Cameras/Munitions, and if they dont, they probably list it as questiionable, and will not pull any "interesting" things out of their hangers while said questionable satellite is in viewing range of A51.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Maybe so, but they are still very good pic's

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a pair of F-16s hmmmmm possible chase planes to go after prototypes to see how their performance goes while evading the planes. or maybe just the fighters used as to make a video of the secret planes while in flight.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It looks kind of desolate for such a large place.... Maybe Area 51 has moved--->

jra

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
It looks kind of desolate for such a large place.... Maybe Area 51 has moved--->

My guess would be that they are all in the hangers and what not. They'd be paranoid of satellites taking photos from above. And who knows, maybe it's busier at night.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

perhaps it has moved - or has no use anymore, but you wouldn't expect many cars about, nearly all the staff travel there by plane. Those f-16's are likely to be used to intercept anything that invades the restricted airspace.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

perhaps it has moved - or has no use anymore, but you wouldn't expect many cars about, nearly all the staff travel there by plane. Those f-16's are likely to be used to intercept anything that invades the restricted airspace.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Projects

If what you mean by Area 51 is 'where they keep the interesting stuff' then you can probably bet your ass it's moved!
Everyone seems to assume that the government is retarded or something, but they really arn't. While everyone is watching this place they are not looking for the real one(s).

It's worth the $$$'s alone in keeping it open and 'active' just to keep everyone occupied.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
NICE ONE

Considering that place doesnt exist LOL I cant belive the government really thought we'd buy it until wives of deceased ex employees went to fight for legal rights for compensation becasue of radiation sickness and other chemical related dsiease and resphriitual problems and won!!

Workers had their identities wiped off the face of the earth like they didn't exist until 2 years ago. The American government treats it's own people like research lab animals....NICE!

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Far West there is what looks like an abandond base, it has Triangles with circles in it, and imprints of buildings in the sand, sorry I cant tell you exactly were, but this computer really sucks and cant download or activate the google maps. But there around Area 51, well, far west, but not before you come to a long road. When traveling west you should go over a lot of mountains. Ignore the green sploches, thats just tech difficulties. Ill try to find my old screenshots of the base and surrounding.

The Surrealist

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join