It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons: What is the Celestial Lodge Above?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
In response to:

Originally posted by senrak
Masonry has no "plan of salvation" NOWHERE in Masonry is it claimed that being a Mason will "get you to heaven" or "save your soul" like most religions claim to do.

Can any mason explain these two lines from the Masonic Manual?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
In response to:

Masonry has no "plan of salvation" NOWHERE in Masonry is it claimed that being a Mason will "get you to heaven" or "save your soul" like most religions claim to do.

I'm not a Mason but I think I can handle this one.

What "Masonic Manual" is that? Most Grand Jurisdictions print Monitors, which explain in detail symbols not fully explained when they are presented in the ritual. So, telling us where you got it would be a good start.

My guess is Ephisians 5-11.

I think I hear a parrot. Err, parakeet, excuse me.

The "Celestial Lodge Above," so far as I know, is the Masons' way of referring to Heaven, much in the same way they refer to God as the Grand Architect of the Universe. It is meant to be a term that all Brothers of all faiths can use, so as not to exclude or offend Brethren of differing faiths.

[edit on 8/16/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Why do you keep creating new threads? This falls into the "freemasonry is religion" one, ya' know.

As far as the quotes from some Masonic book, they're quite explanatory, aren't they?
Afterall, they are written in PLAIN ENGLISH.

What the do NOT say is "Masonry will get you to Heaven" They do not even IMPLY it.

Next question.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

As far as the quotes from some Masonic book, they're quite explanatory, aren't they?

Oh yes, english, quite so. I'm just pointing out that there's a contradiction. You say "NOWHERE in Masonry is it claimed that being a Mason will get you to heaven", yet...the manual says the complete opposite

What the do NOT say is "Masonry will get you to Heaven"

The manual says there's an admission to this Celestial Lodge.

YOU NEED TO GAIN ADMISSION!

Yes, quite explanatory, indeed!

They do not even IMPLY it.

I think it clearly does.

Next question.

So, tell me a little bit more about this Celestial Lodge Above. What does it mean to you

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The celestial lodge is simply death. Someone who entered the celestial lodge is someone who died. The celestial lodge is a lodge where the venerable master is none other than the great architect of the worlds.

exemple : The In Memoriam page of the Adelphoi lodge : www.adelphoi.org...

A:.L:.G:.D:.G:.A:.D:.M:.

Moonchild :.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by moonchild]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I was wondering where you got that manual, or which "Masonic Manual"? Maybe a link or something? If you can provide some evidence for this then maybe we can begin to believe this story
For all I know you spent 20 mins on photoshop and made these.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Oh yes, english, quite so. I'm just pointing out that there's a contradiction. You say "NOWHERE in Masonry is it claimed that being a Mason will get you to heaven", yet...the manual says the complete opposite

Actually, it says that moral uprightness and good conduct will get you into heaven. It NEVER says that being a mason will get you into heaven, does it? Like we always say, Freemasonry's teachings come straight from the Bible.

Do you know how to read?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well, here goes

All seeing eye=god. Most religions claim he sees all.

purity of life and conduct are requirements in many religions to gain entrance to religions said place of eternal bliss. This is not a masonic "heaven", but what ever the individual mason belives in. If they called it heaven, then the Muslim, or Jewish members might be a little upset. Its a generic word for heaven.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Why do you keep creating new threads? This falls into the "freemasonry is religion" one, ya' know.

Its painfully obvious, point whoring. Damn, contributed to the stash again.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

NOPE. It says "purity of life and (rectitude) of conduct are NECESSARY to gain admission. Clearly if a Mason doesn't lead a life of purity, etc. he won't....even though he's a Mason. And, I repeat, NOWHERE does Masonry claim that "BEING A MASON WILL GET YOU TO HEAVEN"

Masonry is a system of morals. We teach "Friendship, Morality and Brotherly Love" We do not have a "plan of salvation" (as some fundamentalist churches are wont to say.

(by Senrak) They do not even IMPLY it.

I think it clearly does.

Well, then you're incapable of understanding it (which is not meant as an insult. You're not a Mason. You aren't MEANT to understand Masonry.

So, tell me a little bit more about this Celestial Lodge Above. What does it mean to you

It means the afterlife that ALL good men hope to attain.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

What the do NOT say is "Masonry will get you to Heaven"

Yes, quite explanatory, indeed!

They do not even IMPLY it.

I think it clearly does.

Next question.

Nirvana.

The Celestial Lodge is simply a more generic way to speak of the afterlife, they knew that brothers believed in it differently and therefore use language that could refer to any of the differing beliefs that are held by the brethren. He therefore who wears the Lambskin, spoken of in your Masonic Handbook, or whatever you called it, as a badge of masonry is constantly reminded of his religious convictions and therefore reminded of what is necessary to get into their Heaven or afterlife according to their beliefs. As I stated in the Masonry as a Religion thread, Masonry is religious in nature but not largely considered a religion itself by those who are members.

There are members who use it as such, but almost all the members have the same beliefs they came into Masonry with.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The Celestial Lodge Above, like the Great Architect of the Universe, is an attempt by Freemasonry to take a concept that masons hold a wide range of beliefs in, and bring them all together under one name using the allegory of operative stone masons.

Never once is the Celestial Lodge Above specified as being a "masonic" heaven, just like the GAOTU is never specified as being a "masonic" God. It is an embodiment of an individual masons beliefs... a container if you will or, what we software engineers call a VARIABLE. Haven't you figure out that MOST of Freemasonry is like this?

top topics

join