It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal messaging on an X-files episode?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I was watching an X-files episode from season 3 - "TESO DOS BICHOS" about the crew of killer housecats - and noticed a message flashing occasionally between scenes. Pausing revealed a couple of black frames on either side of indecipherable text (5-6 words?) that reoccured throughout the episode.

Need to know: What does the message say? Is it an X-files in-joke? Does it only show up on my rented copy of the DVD? Are there other episodes with similar messaging?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Does any body even remember X-files anymore? Or is raising the subject tantamount to a neandertal beating his chest? :bnghd:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I worship The X Files

However, I only have seasons 1 and 2 on DVD so far. I shall obtain season 3 in the next few days and I will watch the episode you talk about.

I'll get back to you then.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I was tempted to call myself Spender, but decided that would be too obvious...

Anyways, thanks for checking it out. I was beginning to wonder if I hadn't lost it after a straight 72-hour X-files binge. Know what I mean?

Cheers, dude! Let me know what you discover.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by eralta
Paperclip, as in the project?

Yes

I used to be Dreamland when I first started surfing the net a few years ago, then I changed to Fallen Angel, then to Paperclip

I was beginning to wonder if I hadn't lost it after a straight 72-hour X-files binge. Know what I mean?

72 hours?!

Dude... the longest I ever did was 24 hours
But yeah, I know what you mean.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
...But yes, X-files is painfully addictive. It's not like I planned the binge. Sorry to throw this into the thread, but Paperclip, you mentioned in another post that you're from Bosnia. Are you still living there or have you since moved on? The reason I ask is that a friend and I are developing a screenplay that we want to film in one of the nearby states, possibly Kosovo. But realistically, any part of the former Yugoslavia that feels like an occupied frontier-town would do nicely. We want to do a modern western that focuses on over-arching themes of natural justice in the absence of formal justice. We need a place that still looks gutted and slightly post-apocalyptic but still suggests a rich history. Ideally we would have access to professional film equipment and professionals. How is Bosnia these days - on the ground I mean? I don't really trust guide books or the CIA world fact book. A first-hand description would be quite welcome.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Mulder: "The true curse that struck the museum, was the failure to understand that there are powers that should not be disturbed, that some things are better left buried...."

One of my favorite episodes from season 3. I am now in the middle of re-rewatching season 4. I have never noticed anything weird though. Now I must go home tonight and get season 3 back out....

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   

but Paperclip, you mentioned in another post that you're from Bosnia. Are you still living there or have you since moved on?

I don't live in Bosnia anymore. I moved to Austria in 1996 where I live now.
If you want to make a movie in Bosnia I think that the best thing would be to contact bosnian film-makers in Sarajevo, they know the grounds the best.
The situation in Bosnia is good now, there is no danger of war or conflict. Going to Sarajevo would be the best thing to do. There you can ask the locals there about the location you need, they would tell you what the best place is.
Do not just go wandering around because a lot of woods, fields, hills and even some villages are still mine fields.

You would probably need a few permissions from the local goverment to make the movie, so to find a way through administrative mess a local guide is neccessary.

We are very friendly people, so my guess is our filmmakers would be more then happy to help you out.

I'll see if I can get you more info on how to contact them in Sarajevo.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by paperclip]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thanks, Paperclip! Any random info would be great, but you don't have to go that far. Either way, I'm just glad to hear that there IS a film-making community. That will make a world of difference.

Bobba Fett: Your investigation into my allegations of a government plot to brainwash X-files fans is appreciated. If the same message turns out to be on your copies as well, I would love to know where I can find out what that message was actually supposed to say. Any ideas?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Sorry, guys, but at this point I HAVE to ask:

What episode was your all-time favorite and what early-childhood trauma does that episode reflect?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Sorry, guys, but at this point I HAVE to ask:

What episode was your all-time favorite and what early-childhood trauma does that episode reflect?

Well, I would have to say "Home"

MRS. PEACOCK to SCULLY: I can tell you don't have no children. Maybe one day you'll learn... the pride... the love... when you know your boy will do anything for his mother.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   

hmmmm
I don't have just one all time favourite episode, there a quite a few that I love.
I don't have any connected with childhood traumas.... though the alien related ones do remind me of the time I saw a UFO, my frequent nose bleeds, strange dreams, waking up in the middle of the night thinking someone is in my room, missing time.... *shudders*
There was a time when I thought I was an abductee. I don't think that anymore though.

There is one episode that reflects my greatest fear: War of the Corophages, Season 3 episode 12. It is the one with killer cockroaches. I have a huge fear of cockroaches, so one can imagine why that episode freaks the hell out of me

Off topic now...
eralta, I found you an interesting link regarding your movie making question. There is an international film festival held in Sarajevo every year. That would be a good starting point. You can contact them and see if they can put you in touch with local filmmakers.
Here is the link:

www.sff.ba...

new topics

top topics

join