It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationwide Protests against Iraq War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There are nationwide vigils and protests taking place and scheduled to take place across the nation. You may not see this on TV folks, so the Internet is the media of the day.

Remember asking 'why aren't people rioting in the streets'? 'Why aren't people doing anything'? Well, people have finally had enough and they have a strong mentor in Cindy Sheehan to get this program on the road! Bless her for having the strength of conviction to motivate and inspre a whole nation!

This is happening and I hope you get involved. I couldn't be more excited to see America standing up after all this time!

Wednesday, August 17 Nationwide Vigils - Find one close to you

Pictures From NYC War Protests

Washington DC, Sept 24-26

[edit on 16-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
i seen protests since 9/11 war against Afghanistan and Iraq, both on tv and on internet, maybe u just aint seeing it, all of it. there are protests but many Americans arent goin out, i wonder why?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Might want to think twice.
The National Guard in Cal. was just "investigated" for possibly spying on War protesters. Basically the same thing that the military did back in the 60's - 70's.
The findings are carefully worded and according to Sen Dunn of Cal. leaves it wide open for the possiblity of the military "monitoring" clandestinely.
I started a thread on this today.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well the protest has been going on for a while, I imagine that the they will just get a new found purpose to have them more often and perhaps more people will join in.

Sometimes the nation just need a littler push to get things going.

Occurs it will never be like in the 60's and I hope it will never be like that.

But is nice to see that we Americans still can exercise our freedom of speech without intimidation, I hope.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Just for the record, Sheehan is undermining everything her son stood for. HE voluntarily joined up. I think the just wants attention personally. She might as well desicrate her sons grave. If my parents ever did what she is doing I swear I come back from the dead and give them a good slap in the face and tell them to go sit in the corner.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the gathering crowd backing that mother up. A few more people and they will probably start arresting people, hosing them or worse.
I'm sure someone will arrange for a way
to get rid of the unwanted pests

Thats the reason you dont see thousands of people by now. Who can blame them?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Practically all these "protests" are generally small and usually met with counter-protests from groups like the Protest Warriors...they really mean nothing.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think it says alot for this nation when those who do not agree or those who do agree can gather together and openly voice what they feel.

More power to the people; let their voices be heard!

Now, if only we can get people and the mainstream media to stop politicizing only one side of those who are speaking out.

seekerof

[edit on 16-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I agree seekerof,

If we can get the press to quit being a patsy and spouting the Bush happy talk about how well the war is going,
And they find the cajones to show the actual carnage and flag drapped coffins,

People might actually get a truer sense of what was going on.

Whether you think you are or not,

Americans you are paying for this mess in Iraq.

It has been charged against the credit card of time.

If you are wise you will examine very closely where and for what these lives, Billions of dollars and amicability with allies are being squandered for.

The credit charge of hatred and resentment in the Arab region and around the world will come due. A lot of future terrorism hangs in the balance.
Keep that in mind and be judicious in your actions.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Practically all these "protests" are generally small and usually met with counter-protests from groups like the Protest Warriors...they really mean nothing.

Exactly! They tend to protest around the area I live as well. Ussually one to five people with about fifty signs at a major intersection between 4 and 6 PM. Just looking at them solidifies the belief that they are a few marbles short of a full bag and a shower was not in their pre-protest schedule.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I still don't understand "Cindys" protest. She calls the President a terrorist and a lair but still wants to meet with him again?

Her son signed up for the army but, in her mind he was somehow forced to fight in Iraq? Well, he joined the army.

Of course the President can't meet with everyone who just shows up and demands to see him, and that goes double for a woman who insults the President and her own son each day.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I support the protests 1000%!!

"Support the troops"

Stop using them as guinea pigs!!!

Stop using them to further power and control!!!

Compensate all the vets who have suffered because of Agent Orange, Vaccines, DU, Gulf War Illness, and other problems the government refuses to admit exist!!!

People need to get angry about this, nothing wrong with anger as long as you use it for a good purpose. I'm sick of this fake "everything-is-fine- smile-like-an-empty-twat-ignorant-scared-silenced-intimidated-dumbed down-#in society we now find our selfs drowning in.

Titor was wrong...He should have said "IF there is NOT a revolution in AMerikkka in 2005, then it will be too late."

If we don't go out on the streets and protest, what else do we have?

Don't tell me voting, have you EVER seen voting alone change anything?

Obviously it hasn't otherwise we wouldn't be in the mess we are right now.

(And medical pot users would not still be criminals in the eyes of the beast...I mean federal government)

I personally think it needs to go beyond "protesting". Protesting rarely changes anything either, but sitting at home doing nothing changes NOTHING!

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Police tazer woman protester while she is restrained and on the ground.

Video

Police Arrest 5, Injure 2 Protesters

PITTSBURGH - Police charged four people protesting the war in Iraq, two of whom suffered minor injuries from the police response, when 60 people disrupted traffic by marching the wrong way down a busy one-way street toward an Army recruiting station.
Meieran claimed some protesters were pepper sprayed and Tasered; he said a 68-year-old woman who was not resisting was bitten by a police dog.

I really wish the protesters would be cool and not disrupt and cause trouble, but apparently this police response was a bit over the top.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
True, her son did join the Army voluntarily.

But if it weren't for Bush's agenda, her son wouldn't have been killed in Iraq to begin with.

It's one thing to die defending your country. It's quite another to be cannon fodder for someone's agenda.

I support the troops but not the war. Hey--I say, support the troops and bring 'em home!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

Her son signed up for the army but, in her mind he was somehow forced to fight in Iraq? Well, he joined the army.

If it weren't for Bush's illegal invasion of Iraq, her son would never have been there in the first place.

Lots of people enlist so they can get a college education. If we'd left Iraq alone, those kids would be in college now instead of their graves, when you think about it. So I can see where she's coming from.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well, Amethyst, he joined well after we'd learned most things about the Iraq situation, and he still made it. That, however, is not the issue.

BH - That sort of thing always pisses me off. Almost all cases of this end in the same way. Protestors show up, protestors get violent, protestors get hurt, various people accuse the cops of being abusive. If you assault an officer and ignore his orders, all the while acting violently, dangerously, and disruptively, and in a large group, well, they're going to do their job.

A friend of mine is going later. I'm worried about her because she's very hot-blooded, and in a group situation would do things she wouldn't normally do.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
As far as peaceful protesting...I just wonder if people join the crowd and make trouble *on purpose* so everyone else gets in trouble. Like maybe some Bushbots mingle with the anti-war protestors and start getting nasty and instigate things.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It's been known to happen, but not very commonly. People flip out when it happens, and it's just not worth it. Nixon did it a lot.

new topics

top topics

join