It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Way to 'kill' any God?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Just because mankind has the potential to void out all known relative information on a God, does not make that God the accumilation of the zero information that no longer exists.

A God by the very definition can not cease to exist.

To kill a God, is to kill the belief of any higher being than ourselves.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
But experience does produce knowledge...

---

To kill a god, one has become ignorant about it...

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwen
But experience does produce knowledge...

---

To kill a god, one has become ignorant about it...

HHMMM ........

You may have me there....

So, accumilating experience of becoming ignorant is how knowledge of God slaying is acquired?

But, how can one know a god was killed, if no knowledge of that god existed?

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Surely if you don't believe in god then you are effectivly explelling him from your life and therefore killing him in respect to you.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
Surely if you don't believe in god then you are effectivly explelling him from your life and therefore killing him in respect to you.

God by the very definition is omnipotent.
So, if God doesn't exist, I don't exist.

In other words:

How can everything cease to exist with the death of God, yet be observed by one who is of God, if God no longer exists?

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
My point was that in respect to the non-believer, god wouldn't exist, therefore, wouldn't live.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
My point was that in respect to the non-believer, god wouldn't exist, therefore, wouldn't live.

If the God that isn't worshipped by the non-believer ceased to exist, and the God is still omnipotent, then the non-believer who doesn't believe in the God that no longer exists no longer believes in the non-believer who doesn't exist either.

Hence: No one is in existance to witness what no longer exists, whether they believe it once existed or not.

The non-believer forfeited existance by choosing not to believe in what either existed or didn't exist to begin with.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Does your definition merely describe god, or does it actually bind him? I would agree that god is known through no mechanism but definition. That's true of all fictional characters.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The non-believer forfeited existance by choosing not to believe in what either existed or didn't exist to begin with.

He didn't, because non-believers are all over the planet (and existing).

[edit on 23-8-2005 by shorty]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Does your definition merely describe god, or does it actually bind him? I would agree that god is known through no mechanism but definition. That's true of all fictional characters.

Believing God is truly a fictional character is what binds the conscious experience of any observer to only knowing other peoples definition of what God is, and each individual observer is only capable of understanding the definition that constraints their interpretation of what God is to what others believe God to be.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join