It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War III (Or the Crusades II) – The 7 Stages to Caliphate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
SKIPPY:

I beleive I did comment on the topic of the chances of this happen - as in none, and why it is thought to be an issue - people just being conditioned to be fearful.

You may leave it at anything you like, but I suggest you look around and it isn't the rest of the world thats ringing it's sweat beaded hands trying to figure out what to do about boogy men that may or may not exist. But it is the ones that are bragging about how strong they are.

I just find it funny that when things that are supposed to do one thing(Bring about peace), deliver something else(death, fear and worry), there are still those that promote doing the same thing all over again.What is that definition of stupidity again? Doing the exact same thing time and time again and expecting a different result?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By
.What is that definition of stupidity again? Doing the exact same thing time and time again and expecting a different result?

You nailed it. The terrorists will never learn, they try and try and try and the same thing happens: The USA and friends stomp them out. Good point.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

.What is that definition of stupidity again? Doing the exact same thing time and time again and expecting a different result?

You nailed it. The terrorists will never learn, they try and try and try and the same thing happens: The USA and friends stomp them out. Good point.

Actually any side of agression ultimately fails, you get 50% - top of the neocon class I might add!!

Seriously it isn't the "terrorists" that are the timid ones. They are meeting arguable the worlds largest most advanced army on their home turf and are holding their own. In some places winning, and have already won in the minds of those that would be bent enough into beleiving the hate filled drivel that comes from extermists on both sides of this issue.

The fact is that most of those people that are now being classified as "terrorists" are the logical result from the American action. Man, hindsight and 20/20 eh? If only people had been warned that this could happen - or more to the point, if only people weren't so frightened of those that look or act differently...

The Mulsims, and Islam are not evil, nor are the peole that follow them. There is some that are absolutely nuts - but "our" side has those types too. They are neither here nor there. The danger is how frieghtend people can be urged to beleive the most assinine things, and are generally willingly promotes it because they make themself's feel somehow supperior.

Not against American's or America - merely the idea of fear mongering to those that are too timid to think through the problem logically and instead react like rabid hamsters.

Peace

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

In some places winning, and have already won in the minds of those that would be bent enough into beleiving the hate filled drivel that comes from extermists on both sides of this issue.

wen u say winning it makes me laugh. these terrorists have to have their faces covered in their own home countries like they cant trust the populace they living with, i wonder why? they are attacking countries from east to west. from North America to Asia. i have yet to see these terrorist groups managing to win wat they wanted. they may kill a couple of people but they havent won.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
I find it a bit ironic that they want to destroy the US and its culture while allot of current western culture/tech and words came from the Islamic world.

YOu mean like 'allahalala' that the muslims have introduced us to shortly before they blow themselves and us up with the latest in incindiary technology? Please be joking about what you said.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Actually its not a joke.
We owe a good deal of our culture to middle eastern influence.
Our use of spices, rhyming poetry, the use of certain percusion instruments in the modern orchestra and even many words we use on a daily basis are all just a few of the cultural influences we owe.

Technologically well we owe a good deal of our scientific and mathematical knowledge to the middle east. Hell our entire numerical system is arabic in origin.

Yes these are all old contributions but it is not as if they are now irrelevant to modern times. In fact its quite the opposite these contributions make up the base of the pillar of modern technology without which the whole structure would collapse. I'd like to see you design any of modern technology using only basic arithmetic and Roman numerals.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

In some places winning, and have already won in the minds of those that would be bent enough into beleiving the hate filled drivel that comes from extermists on both sides of this issue.

wen u say winning it makes me laugh. these terrorists have to have their faces covered in their own home countries like they cant trust the populace they living with, i wonder why? they are attacking countries from east to west. from North America to Asia. i have yet to see these terrorist groups managing to win wat they wanted. they may kill a couple of people but they havent won.

They have won what they wanted - to strike fear into your hearts and with every fear based action you do, you prove them right. It is said to be honest with you as I thought there was more intenstial fortitude on the American side, but as Marvin Hagler once said - you can't get up and run at 5am when your sleeping in silk pj's.

For those not boxing minded, essentially it means when your comfort level has gotten too high, you forget the reasons to fight - and that is why America is doomed to loss this, or the wars that will result from this conflict.

There is no region in the world large enough to provide much of a military overthrough, besides it is easier to hit them economically. As China is doing now to the US, which is what the US has done to others...

Pay backs.... they are a ....

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Frosty,

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Please read the entire thread and educate yourself.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Then why fear an islamic NWO?

You contradict yourself here. You say they will establish an islamic world govt and the world should be cautious and then you say "The US beats them everytime"

Which is it this time? US winning against them or Islamic forces establishing a NWO. Cant make up your mind eh?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yes, the Arab world has contributed to to western culture, but not recently other than oil and gas.

When you talk about the spice trade, sugar was given to the west back during the crusade, many spices were traded soon after that. Arab mathematics are a bit of a slippery slope. How much of Arab math is original the work of Arabs and not plaigerism of the Greeks or the far East? They relied heavily on Syriac and Indian text.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have often heared that the Rennesaince in the western world started thanks to the reconquista of Spain or at least some of the building blocks for it were laid there.

Allot of the discoveries that were made by famous scientists is the western world was based of things Islamic researchers found.

The Islamic empire was actually perhaps the first country which allowed freedom of religion. The Ottoman empire carried it to a new higher level. Everybody could get high rankings in theire empire. Christians and such did often pay extra taxes but they were free from getting drafted in case the army needed soldiers.

One of the reasons the Ottoman empire lost loads of theire balkan territory in the 19th century is that allot of generals were serbians/greek/bulgarian and they defected. The Ottoman empire wasnt a real turkish empire. There were very few Turkish generals till after they lost most of theire balkan territories.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Like standing on the shoulders of Giants we as a species grow. We would not be nearly as cultured or have as fine an understanding of the universe as we do today if it wasn't for Islam - we all owe them a debt of gratitude.

As they owe the nations that came before them.

As, hopefully whatever comes after us, learns from our mistakes and Successes.

Psst - there really isn't a "them" - we are all us.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Funny thread Skippy

This is a joke, right ?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Within junk threads like these we find little gems of wisdom.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra

Within junk threads like these we find little gems of wisdom.

Haha ... Indeed

[edit on 20/8/2005 by SwearBear]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Found some more on this:

"...Ibrahim told Assist News Service the book is freely available in Indonesian bookstores and "teaches a vision of aggressive and violent jihad to establish an Islamic caliphate, and from there to launch jihad against other nations to bring them into the Islamic Empire..."

Here

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I am not even going to point out the logical faults here, instead I wish to ask you one simple question SkippyTC, why are you so frightened? Do you really think that should the middle east uprise and try anything that the west and europe and all none Islamic countries would slap them down?

I don't get it Skippy, either you are just trying to justify something(A sure sign you already know it's wrong), or you are possibly the most timid creature I have evern known. You live in North America, we are so protected here, why these scare tatics?

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You live in North America, we are so protected here, why these scare tatics?

, as long as North America is part of this world. u or me or anione else are not safe from the Islamic fundamentalists dark dream of caliphate. maybe u forgotten 9/11. New York is in North America right?

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

You live in North America, we are so protected here, why these scare tatics?

, as long as North America is part of this world. u or me or anione else are not safe from the Islamic fundamentalists dark dream of caliphate. maybe u forgotten 9/11. New York is in North America right?

Ahh yes, fear the terrorists because they may attack you? BUddy, I worry more about the biker gangs around Montreal than I worry about some Islamic fundimentalist(Beleive it or not I know and went to school with a lot of them) and the fact is that your fear, and your timidness is what fuels them. Deal with them with the actual reasons they are angry and deal with that, once that is done you realize the majority of "extermists" are not that extreme, they are just following an incredible small group of people that just hate life(Incidently I see more of those people on the Christian side than islamic) and have convienced the majority of the validity of their cause.

It is so easy to hate, it is so easy to be afraid - but if you wish to show how brave you are then I suggest actually listening to them and then you'll realize what they want is America out of the Middle East - should America do that there is no reason to assume that the majority of the funidmentalists will focus on what they wish to focus on and less about fighting a war that has no reasons(Just as America is finding out that getting new men to enroll in a war when they feel there is some question to why they are fighting is harder, than when everyone agreed that they wanted to kill us) - BUT - as long as people don't listen, give into fear based emotions and decide if they hate us for no reason then I will hate them for no reason you are simply no better than the sheep in their group.

Being the stronger nation you are actually wore, for you are also a bully and in basic terms are the ones with the power to stop this(leave Iraq), but you won't and thus you instigate a fight and then claim they are the ones starting it..

It would be very funny if so many weren't being killed by stupidity.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Being the stronger nation you are actually wore, for you are also a bully and in basic terms are the ones with the power to stop this(leave Iraq), but you won't and thus you instigate a fight and then claim they are the ones starting it..

It would be very funny if so many weren't being killed by stupidity.

the power to stop this? hmmmmmmmm. i dont know if we can actually appease to the terrorists demands that the world must be Islamic world. destruction of Budda statues, prosecution of other Muslims that dont share the same view, total annihalation of infidels, etc. u think pulling troops out of Iraq will stop terrorism? i bet u that wen American troops are pulled out. there will be another terrorist attack somewhere by Al Qaida or groups linked to it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join