It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once upon a time a devout Atheist...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Once upon a time a devout Atheist and brilliant scientist was standing in his laboratory. He had just finished the final touches on the culmination of all his life’s work. He stood back and gazed with great pride at his creation marveling at the work of his own hands. The sounds of a large computer array and all the accompanying articles of science chirped and beeped around him as he stood in awe of his work.

Standing before him was, what by all scientific accounts could be rightfully considered, a living, thinking organism. The scientist had created an artificial human being. Furthermore, he did it with nothing more than a small pile of dirt. In an outburst of pride and joyful exultation he proclaimed loudly, “Look at what I’ve created God if you can see it!”

At that very moment he was brought out to the center of a large forest. A voice boomed out from all around him and in fear he dropped to the ground. The voice called out to him a second time and commanded that he stand up and give account of himself. Rising slowly he regained his courage and began to recount the long road of scientific discovery that had led him to this very day.

The voice, which could now only be described as God himself, asked the scientist what he thought of this and the scientist replied, “We don’t need you, we can create life now, it stands to reason that in time nothing will be outside our power to create.”

God replied, "so be it, show me that you can do what you claim." The Scientist reached down and grabbed a handful of dirt and began to shape and mold it in his hands.

Suddenly, a strong human sized arm materialized in front of him and violently slapped the tops of his hands causing him to drop what he was holding. The hands then disappeared and the voice of God bellowed out, “Get your own dirt!”

Machine

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Haha, that was good man
. Where'd you find that?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The joke was told to me in a much simpler fashion a few years ago. I remembered it and decided to add to it and write my own version. "Get your own dirt" man that kills me...hehehe

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Always enjoy stories about someone trying to outdo God, which just shows our ego and the sillyness of God

new topics

top topics

join