It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cars and trucks now outnumber drivers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   

There are 107 million U.S. households, each with an average of 1.9 cars, trucks or sport utility vehicles and 1.8 drivers, the Bureau of Transportation Statistics reported. That equals 204 million vehicles and 191 million drivers.

Aint it the truth. I guess I'm guilty as well having 3 cars and 2 drivers (My stepson does not drive quite yet).
What we really need is a complete monorail system in this country. Especially now that I have a V6 SUV and gas prices through the roof. (I know, don't complain, it's MUCH worse in europe!) It all seems a bit silly now though. Where is my fuel cell vehicle or, better yet, my fold up Jetsons mobile?

oops, forgot the link...www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 30-8-2003 by Fry2]

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
you'd think supply and demand would make automobile companies make less cars and spend less that way to profit more.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
LOL, good point
American car companies still do. That's why they die right at the end of the warranty

Well Yugo was right there with the disposable car but we blew up that factory....
As much as I would love to buy American I have 3 Hondas (even though one is actually an Isuzu).
Reliability is key.

join