It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T-Shirt Slogan WINNERS ***ANNOUNCED****

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I must have totally missed this contest...

My slogan submission:

"The truth isn't out there, it's right here!"

EDIT: Hey! Do I get a free t-shirt that has my alien head peeking over the logo design?
(later done more professionally by kinglizard, but my original idea...)

[edit on 16-8-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Congratulations to DarkHelmet and AlienS! Well done.
The first one is an oldie but a goldie, and the second is witty, in line with the spirit of ATS, and ohhh so true.

On a related note, as I said to Amory, lately I'm so impressed at how ATS admin have so graciously opened up all these banner, T-shirt and image designs to member contribution. How many sites do you know that value and appreciate member input so much and on so many levels? I'll tell you: NONE. This is definitely one of the things that makes ATS great.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Congratulations the winners.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Congrats, guys!

I predict lots of sales......especially the 'paranoid' one......ya'll know us tooo well!

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Holy Cow... Somehow I missed this thread. I had NO CLUE that I had been selected as a winner since I made my last post in that thread. Thanks to everyone

Originally posted by Dr Love
Congrats to all the winners, but look at the glaring similarity between my idea "ATS: Opening Minds since 1997" which was posted before Dark Helmets I might add, and Dark Helmets winning slogan.

Sorry if it seemed I stole your idea. I didn't notice your post before mine. I was wearing a Nike shirt with it saying "Nike" and under it "Established in 19**" Can't remember the date, but that's what gave me the idea.

Anyway, thanks everyone and Congrats to the other winner.

EDIT*

Actually, after looking back at the thread, it turns out that I did post first. You posted on the 3rd page and are the fourth from the bottom. I posted on the 2nd page near the middle. You must have mistaken someone else's post for mine.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by DarkHelmet]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Congrats to you too, DarkHelmet.

As for my submission, I never made any promises that the motto, would be original. How original can it be if it's coming from somebody with the username "AlienS" anyways?
I decided to submit it because while some people might have heard something similiar to it before, I can't think of a single place where that could apply more then it does to ATS (and more specifically, a large portion of it's members).

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Great work everyone.

Woot Whoot

Congrats to DH and AS.

As part of your reward, I decided to give you a preview.......

of how the new shirt design could look.

Looks top notch.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Congrats guys on the Great slogans. I look forward to seeing the finished products.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Excellent work and excellent choices. I'm glad I didn't have to choose the winner, I'll tell ya, as there were some really good ones to pick from! Kudos to the judges! Since you worked so hard, you can have the night off. Be back at 0800hrs, my time, though!

Urn

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
BAH!!! it was RIGGED...RIGGED I TELLS YA!!!...i DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!

(is there anyway i coould see my last submission on an official ATS shirt?
third place perhaps, maybe fourth, how bout fifth? ...come ON how can you POSSABLY argue with FIFTH !?!?...
)

lol, just kidding guys, good on ya, and congrats.....

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
Sorry if it seemed I stole your idea. I didn't notice your post before mine. I was wearing a Nike shirt with it saying "Nike" and under it "Established in 19**" Can't remember the date, but that's what gave me the idea.

Anyway, thanks everyone and Congrats to the other winner.

EDIT*

Actually, after looking back at the thread, it turns out that I did post first. You posted on the 3rd page and are the fourth from the bottom. I posted on the 2nd page near the middle. You must have mistaken someone else's post for mine.
[edit on 16-8-2005 by DarkHelmet]

This is getting better and better by the minute. Can anyone say 'damage control'? I followed the original thread from start to finish. Not only were you not 1 page before me, you were multiple pages behind me. The original thread has been altered by someone with the ability to do so. This is a tactic that's being used in order to drive me away from this website. Let's make Dr Love look foolish and then he'll complain and give us a reason to get rid of him or maybe he'll just go away on his own. I'm not going to name names, you know who you are. The word that comes to mind is 'jellyfish'. Once again I congratulate the winners.

Note to members: I swear to God that the original thread has been altered.

Peace

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm sorry, Dr. Love, but I'm fairly sure I remember the first post on something saying "since....." was the one made by darkhelmet where he didn't know the year, exactly, when the site was founded. Pretty certain you are wrong, here.

OH, and congratulations, darkhelmet and alienS! WTG! Hey, can I borrow some points? I really need a second line besides just my name repeated...makes me feel kinda foolish.....

[edit on 8/17/05 by FibroKat]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Congrats Guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job.

well ...we can always go back to Florida and Ohio and re-count... right ?

[edit on 17-8-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Not only do I ASSURE you NO ONE has "altered this thread in ANY way it is IMPOSSIBLE to alter it in the manner you are describing. There is NO WAY to re-arrange the order of posts in a thread.

The ONLY thing that can be done is editing and that ALWAYS leaves an edit tag with the editor's name and date of edit. (like the one at the bottom of THIS post)

I am getting thoroughly disgusted with some of the rhetoric in this thread. First we get people decrying the winning slogans as "Unoriginal" and not "Outstanding", now we get this hogwash actually insinuating that I would impeach my own HONOR by trying to cheat someone out of a $15.00 bloody T-Shirt!...

We do NOT have to offer up free prizes, allow the membership to participate in our logo design/slogan efforts or anything else. We do this because we APPRECIATE and RESPECT our membership.

The few who evidently don't respect our community or the Admin/Partners that provide it and can't keep from being negative in what should be a totally POSITIVE bit of fun, may do well to take a BREAK for a while. Obviously it's getting to be too much for some.

Springer.

[edit on 8-17-2005 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm not sure why he would have brought up that whole "You altereded the Threads!" thing. But it seems any contest has those that claim they were cheated out of "their" prize. I would have been happy to see any of the entries, so I wouldn't have cared either way who's was chosen. Others should feel the same way. BTW, I never read the whole original post for the contest, and for some reason it's not showing on MyATS, so what's the thing for being a winner? Just a pat on the back? And also, when should these shirts be ready for order? Can't wait to buy mine.

Edit*

Nevermind, I found it. For some reason it wasn't wanting to show for me at first. So I have one question.. Do me and AlienS split the points? And also, do we get Just our shirt designs?

[edit on 17-8-2005 by DarkHelmet]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Dr Love, you're freaking nuts. Nuts I tell ya.

Dude, I... I'm just speechless.

I thought you were cool.

Either you know me and know I'm a straight shooter and accept it when I tell you these are all straight shooters here, or you must assume I'm "in on it" or something. Either way, it shouldn't come to this. Freaking nuts. :shk:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I already awarde you and AlienS your points, 15,000 EACH. I did it within 5 minutes of us picking your slogan...

You will both receive YOUR OWN slogan t-shirt just it says in the original thread. U2U ZeddicusZulZorrander with your shirt size...

Springer...

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Okay... that's what I figured we'd get. Also, it doesn't look like me or AlienS has recieved our points.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Note to members: I swear to God that the original thread has been altered.

Note to members: This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Congrats to the Winners!

Vive l'ATS!

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
Okay... that's what I figured we'd get. Also, it doesn't look like me or AlienS has recieved our points.

It appears as though you are correct. Evidently since the points system was modified it has some glitches yet to be sorted out. I assure you the minute we get these issues sorted out I will make CERTAIN you and AlienS get your points.

Springer...

[edit on 8-17-2005 by Springer]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join