It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Woman Stands Up to Sheehan

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I just don't understand why people, who obviously have their own political agenda and spout off at the lip, can condemn those that they personally feel are on a political agenda..

Pots and kettles... pots and kettles.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hmmm... do i smell another conspiracy? Anyone thinking what i'm thinking?

I wonder

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You mean that maybe this lady isn't sick through normal means? Or that she has been kidnapped by Aliens?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By
You mean that maybe this lady isn't sick through normal means? Or that she has been kidnapped by Aliens?

Only if Karl Rowe ordered it.......

She is being used. If she truly wanted to just talk to the President, then she didn't need to do it in this manner and the odds that she would have succeeded would have been much higher.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
ED, I disagree that her odds would have been better. Whether or not she is being used by someone else is open for debate, but lately it seems the same could be said about everyone...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
About the political agenda, I will said that anything that is against the way the government is doing business with our country is political.

The woman is protesting the war "IS POLITICAL" because her son die in that "WAR"

Again attacking her intelligences and character to support ones or others view of "GOVERNMENT" is also "POLITICAL"

So at the end what is all about "POLITICS"

Now Ed, how do you think she out to be grieving her son?

In her knees praying to God and the Holy spirit for not been a good citizen and kiss up to our God send in the white house?

I guess she will burn in hell just like most of us. Right?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
And, you know what? So what if she IS being used by someone? She's a 40-50 year old woman who is ultimately responsible for her choices and decisions just like the rest of us. If someone is using her, then she's letting it happen. She's allowing it.

She's been exposed to all the stories that say she's being used and if it were true, then it's her choice to continue being used or put a stop to it.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
She is being used. If she truly wanted to just talk to the President, then she didn't need to do it in this manner and the odds that she would have succeeded would have been much higher.

Ummm hello??? Is being used by people in the political arena a new thing?? Noooo... They do it all the time on both sides to further an agenda... Don't assume that your party doesn't do it..

Look at what they are doing... Republican journalists also are using her to further their agenda by discrediting an individual for thinking outside the box, and asking questions that have yet to be answered... Their m.o?
Put words in her mouth, take the focus off what she has to say and turn the attention onto her with name calling and bringing liberals into the pitch as a way to make her look loony so people don't ever care to listen to her messages...

Why on earth would they do that if they have nothing to hide? If they were honest reporters they would let her message out there without bringing in political one sided 'commentators', 'experts', 'correspondants' and other opinionated people to bring her down for your amusement so you can bash her too to your friends and use their words like crack pot, and loony, and libtard...

ugh, it's so obvious what they are doing.... Their tactic has been around forever, what does that saying go about lawers? If you don't have a strong case, create bull#?

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Those that want to fight in Iraq, go join. Or return there if you were there already. leave me out of it. I won't go. I'm pro military but anti-empirialism. I love a cause well fought for. But this aint it; and neither was Vietnam. In WW2, we defeated Germany, not the Nazis. The Nazis were only set back and went into hiding. Many came here to work with the intelligence community and NASA. Their philosphies have been secretly adopted by the Neocons and pushed forward with the help of super-patriots that have been fooled into believing their lies. Not everyone in the military agrees with this war or likes the current administration. A 4 star general was just "retired" for sexual misconduct but he was an open critic of the administration. A lot of people have infidelities. You only get fired for it if you piss the wrong people off. This general was also in charge of nuclear response excercises (drills). Word is (scuttlebutt among other military who knew him) that there was a plan to do a drill but then have a fake event like 9--11. Destroy a major city. Blame it on Arabs. He, and others found out about it and were considering a take over. So he was canned. The news won't tell you the real reason why because they are controlled and of course they don't want to give themselves away as being criminals and terrorists themselves. My brother is a retired air force colonel who worked in the pentagon for 28 years and 35 years in the defense dept.. He golfed and hung out with Al Gore. He retired in 2000 even though they begged him to stay and offered him more money. He said the country is going down the drain and he didn't want any part of it. Bad things were going to happen to us by bad people in our own country. He just took his pension and travels alot. A cop out? Perhaps. But he put in his years and the fight must be borne by younger people if they want to live in a free country. They will decide. It is their future. As for Mrs. Sheehan, She is doing what her conscience tells her. What more can anyone do? As for soldiers: those that go to help and bring freedom, I feel bad for them. Sometimes they are engaged in torture, and murder of civilians. That's not what they signed up for. Others ARE there to kill. They like it. Its what they WANTED to do. I remember when guys signed up for Viet Nam instead of waiting to be drafted. They somehow thought it would be better if they volunteered. Some thought it their patriotic duty, others thought it would be "cool" to kill some commies for freedom. The country was changing---civil rights, blacks marching, women marching for rights, music was so important as an expression of all this. I played music too. But the songs meant something and weren't just background or something to dance to or play computer games to. Some of those soldiers who went over to kill commies wound up getting killed themselves or maimed. I DON'T feel sorry for them. They got what they deserved. They wanted a license to be a murderer and instead got killed instead. Others had their world turned around and found the that the people they were killing had worth and value and they began to hate their own commanders, country, government, and themselves as well. Some never came back here, they married there and stayed. Just walked away from their posts. Some came back and joined the homeless or live in National Parks. This is the price that will be paid again. This isn't the revolution which made us a seperate nation. This isnt the civil war which forced an end to slavery. This isn't WW2 which saved the world from an evil dictator who actually HAD the power and intent and WAS developing WMDs to use against their enemies. This is more like the Spanish American War where wealthy guys like Carnegie and so forth wanted the Phillipines so that we'd have a base in the South Pacific and could control the oil there right before the mass manufacture and sale of automobiles began. Sound familiar?? We also blew up our own battleship---The Maine-- off Cuba and lied to the public so that they would support a war against Spain. Sound familiar?? How little have we all learned?

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS phair. Allow me to make a few suggestions:

1. Organize your posts into paragraphs. The "Block-O-Text" is one of the most discouraging formats that can be encountered on ATS.

2. If you don't want to fight, don't fight. If you REALLY don't want to fight though, don't pay your taxes, or simply leave the country. Afterall, you're paying for the war and you are enjoying the fruits of past imperialism, and will later enjoy the fruits of present imperialism.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but I wish to highlight a point:

One of the attendees, an Iraqi woman who moved recently to the United States

She doesn't live in Iraq.
Surely, she would have the same freedoms now she is in America if they never did invade? and it was still possible to leave Iraq while Saddam was in power.

I guess I missed something in the article, because to me it seems very hypocritical.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Both Sheehan and those who oppose Sheehan are patriotic. Patriotism and loyalty isn't the point, otherwise we are simply pointing fingers and shaming others.

The real questions are:

- Did the administration make a terrible mistake invading Iraq?

- Does Mrs. Sheehan have the right as an American and credibility as a gold star mother to challenge her government?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join