It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Woman Stands Up to Sheehan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Among the counter protestors to Cindy Sheehan's anti-war protest stand outside of President Bush's Crawford Texas ranch is May Hasan Lamotte. Lamotte is an Iraqi woman who stands firmly behind the President and U.S. policy in Iraq and is grateful for Sheehan's son's sacrifice for the Iraqi people but decries her current antiwar political stance. Lamotte thinks that U.S. action in Iraq is necessary to secure the future freedom for the Iraqi people:

One of the attendees, an Iraqi woman who moved recently to the United States, drove with her husband from Washington, D.C., to thank Sheehan for her sacrifice. But the woman, May Hasan Lamotte, 37, did not agree with Sheehan's call to pull the troops out of Iraq.

"I came after reading about Miss Cindy. They think their children are dead for nothing, and I am one who got freedom," Lamotte said. "I am grateful for her son and American soldiers. Everybody thinks (Casey) died for nothing. He gave his life as many other brave soldiers have to give me and my country freedom," she said

Source: www.insidebayarea.com...

This was the only source on the Internet I could find, but she was featured on tonight's Hardball on MSNBC...thank God there are people like her in the world! It's in the true Protest Warrior spirit.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Great thread

Its nice to see Iraqis speaking out here in America.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Obviously this woman's protest is ok with you and honorable because she agrees with you. Sheehan protesting is because she's a crazy woman and she's being used by the left-wing liberals and the media and she's dumber than a rock, but this woman is to be respected and she's a true protestor with the American spirit!

Hogwash!
Your argumant's a little too transparent.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It is amazing she happened to speak out now, where was she a few months ago? What about the 120 000 Iraqi civilians we have murdered with our "precision" bombs, how do you think their families feel, free?

This war is not about freeing the Iraqi people and it never was, it's about oil, greed, money and power. Cheney is a draft dodger and flunked out of Yale twice, when they said men who aren't married will be drafted he got married. When they said married men with no children will be drafted a few days later his wife was knocked up. If he is such a man why did he keep running away?

These right wingers are pulling everything out the hat to try and make out that this lady is wrong. She is a good person and i applaud her for standing up for what she believes in. The rest of you right wing sheep should be ashamed of yourselves and if you are so pro war go and join up. Or are you too afraid you get your hands dirty? A few months over there should do you some good.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yes an Iraqi women has more credibility that an American women when it comes to the oil barons and corporate Bush friend warmongers.

Yeah, women of America that are giving you sons to the Iraqi war, we are nothing when it comes to our Government but breeding stock.

How dare the mothers of American to protest when Iraqi women are taken with more respect.

What in the heck is she doing in American when our loves ones are dying for her kind in Iraq, she is here free from any danger, while our loves ones are dying in her home land, she should be fighting for her land so our sons don't have to die for her.

What a joke.
I find this very insulting to any American woman with a son in Iraq.

Sent her and her husband back to Iraq and put them in the front lines.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
As par, the angry and hate-filled, left leaning, anti-war, anti-Bush rhetoric of an American has spoken and shown the true colors of who she really is and represents. Freedom means nothing when your son, daughter, nephew, neice, etc. is on the line, eh? Spoken like a true freedom loving American, huh, marg? Btw, how many American lives have been lost in the history of this nation for the reasons of freedom?

Congratulations for letting your true colors come shining thru.
There is nothing like the scorn of a woman, especially when vented against another woman.

seekerof

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Congratulations for letting your true colors come shining threw.
There is nothing like the scorn of a woman, especially when vented against another woman.
seekerof

No . . . the true colors are showing here in this thread when an Iraqi women is given more priority over an American woman.

I though you were an American but I see that you will put down any American woman even me, because you have to support this war and Bush.

Your true colors are showing very bright, the true hate is overwhelming.

I am an American and I will always favor my fellow American country men and women.

What a shame.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The interesting thing to me is that the same people who are holding this Iraqi woman as somehow more respectable or honorable than the American woman whose son died over there are the ones who preach that the Muslims are all basically terrorists! You know this woman is probably a Muslim, don't you?

What's the difference here? Oh! She agrees with you that the war should go on and on and on. She's a Bush supporter. That's the difference. Pathetic...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

as posted by marg6043
I though you were an American but I see that you will put down any American woman even me, because you have to support this war and Bush.

Your true colors are showing very bright, the true hate is overwhelming.

I am an American and I will always favor my fellow American country men and women.

Pretty sad comeback after your initial post, marg.
If you had read the article and what was quoted, you would and should have thought twice about making such a post as you initially did. Not my credibility in question on this matter, marg, its yours.

From the article:

One of the attendees, an Iraqi woman who moved recently to the United States, drove with her husband from Washington, D.C., to thank Sheehan for her sacrifice. But the woman, May Hasan Lamotte, 37, did not agree with Sheehan's call to pull the troops out of Iraq.

"I came after reading about Miss Cindy. They think their children are dead for nothing, and I am one who got freedom," Lamotte said. "I am grateful for her son and American soldiers. Everybody thinks (Casey) died for nothing. He gave his life as many other brave soldiers have to give me and my country freedom," she said.

Your take on this matter as being some taking the value of this Iraqi woman over the value of an American woman or an American woman who has lost a son in Iraq, doing what HE [Casey] accepted, backed, and gladly agreed to do, is ludicrous.

This Iraqi woman, now living in America, meant well and you simply distorted and twisted it into the warped garbage that you are spewing now.

Que Sera Sera, eh?

seekerof

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Among the counter protestors to Cindy Sheehan's anti-war protest stand outside of President Bush's Crawford Texas ranch is May Hasan Lamotte. Lamotte is an Iraqi woman who stands firmly behind the President and U.S. policy in Iraq and is grateful for Sheehan's son's sacrifice for the Iraqi people but decries her current antiwar political stance. Lamotte thinks that U.S. action in Iraq is necessary to secure the future freedom for the Iraqi people:

"I came after reading about Miss Cindy. They think their children are dead for nothing, and I am one who got freedom," Lamotte said. "I am grateful for her son and American soldiers. Everybody thinks (Casey) died for nothing. He gave his life as many other brave soldiers have to give me and my country freedom," she said

Source: www.insidebayarea.com...

This was the only source on the Internet I could find, but she was featured on tonight's Hardball on MSNBC...thank God there are people like her in the world! It's in the true Protest Warrior spirit.

Howdy y'all. Hate slingin' liberal here. Shout out to Seekerof for reminding me how awful actually thinking about a war before you declare it can be!

Poorly written article. There is nothing in her comment to suggest she disagreed with Cindy Sheehan, aside from the writer's perpsective, who just happened to write for for a conservative column. The article took it upon itself to fill that part in. If she disagreed then why did she drive all the way to Crawford just to tell her thank you for her loss. Also, clearly thing must have been very "free" for Ms. Lamotte in Iraq for her to recently move to DC.

djohnsto, you took it a step farther and somehow pulled from the article that she firmly supports Bush on the Iraq war. Where did you read that?

Seekerof, show some discourse and stop slinging names around like you own this place. Try and keep the discourse of debate at the very least cordial. Take the high road, you may find the view to be pleasant.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by TruthWithin]

[edit on 15-8-2005 by TruthWithin]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Pretty sad comeback after your initial post, marg.
If you had read the article and what was quoted, you would and should have thought twice about making such a post as you initially did. Not my credibility in question on this matter, marg, its yours.

Sekeerof the way that you have refer to Mrs. Sheehan and her grief and the way you have discredit her purpose in other thread is much to be desirable you are falling under the pro war agenda.

"I came after reading about Miss Cindy. They think their children are dead for nothing, and I am one who got freedom," Lamotte said. "I am grateful for her son and American soldiers. Everybody thinks (Casey) died for nothing. He gave his life as many other brave soldiers have to give me and my country freedom," she said.

Perhaps I was a littler bit harsh, but the true is that not Iraqi women will ever understand what an American women that have lost sons and daughters in Iraq really feels, even if the intention are "honest and comendable" is better to leave then for another time, not the timely opportunity of Mrs. Sheehan's grief and protest.

That I find questionable, and perhaps the woman and her husband in their "honest intentions" are becoming the pawn for pro war supporters to make Mrs. Sheehans' effort lame, un american and unpatriotic.

Your take on this matter as being some taking the value of this Iraqi woman over the value of an American woman or an American woman who has lost a son in Iraq, doing what HE [Casey] accepted, backed, and gladly agreed to do, is ludicrous.

When it comes to value and it comes to patriotism I will always take side with my fellow Americans countrymen and women first.

This Iraqi woman, now living in America, meant well and you simply distorted and twisted it into the warped garbage that you are spewing now.

And you fail to see the propaganda against MrsSheehan played here.

Like I said she may have a good intention but when it comes to the death of a son or daughter or any other family member, if you are not a close relative is better to keep it in a low tone note.

But now we are having the news all over this so call "thank you having your sons die for us in Iraq"

The situation for this war has changed and many Americans will not take this type of words very kindly.

Que Sera Sera, eh?

No. . . the damage is already done Sekeerof.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

[Casey] accepted, backed, and gladly agreed to do

Seekerof, Casey did not back this war or Bush. It's been all over the media. Neither did her husband. Their immediate family stood together, united against the war and against Bush.

CS: He didn't want to go. He felt the war was wrong and did not support George Bush, but he felt it was his duty to go.
Source

And if it's not too much trouble, do you suppose you could actually add something to the subject of this thread instead of simply harassing other posters with whom you disagree?

Originally posted by TruthWithin
If she disagreed then why did she drive all the way to Crawford just to tell her.

I'm sure she's a tool of the right-wing media.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Our keyboard patriots support the Iraqi lady now but when thousands of refugees come flooding into the US because of the inevitable civil war. Will their response be one of open arms or suspicion of the possible Muslim terrorists in our midsts? Remember the open hostility against the Vietnamese after "Nam"? This coming influx of not just Iraqi but of all different types of Muslim refugees is going to be incredible. I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

120 000 Iraqi civilians we have murdered with our "precision" bombs, how do you think their families feel, free?

Can someone please point out were the 120,000 civilian deaths came from??

You "care" so much about the iraq people yet you lack the knowledge to understand what type combat situations were in, how many are actually dead, completely ignore the fact that the Iraqis are having harsh lifestyles mainly because of the so called "iraqi resistance" movement has tooken the position of killing innocence with a political movement that isn't even supported by the civilians of the country. In which they were brainwashed into believing that exploding yourself (cancer victims are much more useful) with explosives packed with screws and other types of metal objects that can easily pentatrate the skin at high speeds, will eventually drive out the infidels from a country that most are not even a citizen from.

Please try to avoid getting your info from Rense.com.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanfitz

In which they were brainwashed into believing that exploding yourself (cancer victims are much more useful) with explosives packed with screws and other types of metal objects that can easily pentatrate the skin at high speeds, will eventually drive out the infidels from a country that most are not even a citizen from.

What does that mean? Cancer victims are more useful?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yeah I was wondering where that 120,000 number came from too. I thought IraqBodyCount's number was a little bloated, but thats ridiculous.

I sent a very friendly email to IraqBodyCount one week ago, asking if they kept track of how many of these "civilians" were killed while shooting at American troops, or by terrorist bombs. They never responded.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by jacquio999]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The figure of 120,000, while probably bloated, is not the point. The point is that we went in on a moral soapbox to try and rid Iraq of mass casualties, rape rooms and torture chambers, which I may remind you that "helping the people of Iraq" was something like 5th on the list of reasons to go to war with Iraq. Now we have our own torture rooms and chambers.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
The figure of 120,000, while probably bloated, is not the point.

Yeah... Never let actual verifiable facts stop you from making your point. Then quickly change the topic, then repeat the same innaccurate statement at a later date, hoping a new crowd will take it for the truth.

Typical.

The Arguement Clinic

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Yeah... Never let actual verifiable facts stop you from making your point. Then quickly change the topic, then repeat the same innaccurate statement at a later date, hoping a new crowd will take it for the truth.

Typical.

I am sorry. You're right. There has been no torture, no rape and no collateral damage as a direct result of our occupation of Iraq. How could i have been so clueless? I must have confused all of that for the unicorns and rainbows that are all abound, frolicking in a harmonious flux of compassion and good will.

Very typical of me, whom you know so well, to speak so out of place. Thank goodness I have a sophisticated hardliner like you to keep me in my place.

In case my sarcasm fails to communicate my message, I was saying that there HAVE been lots of people killed in Iraq as a result of our 2 year s"shock and Awe' campaign, but I agreed that 120,000 was probably wrong.. There HAVE been documented accounts of torture and there HAVE been documented cases of military and mercenary rape cases.

To say that there isn't is a blind form of Patriotism that will get us ALL in a lot of trouble.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

What does that mean? Cancer victims are more useful?

My fault for making it sound like a good thing.

But insurgence or suicide bombers in general will use Cancer victims for the sick purpose. When they explode, their blood will travel in random directions, thus causing a large spread of the diease and eventually killing them. Its a harsh way of creating a larger death toll (or political point).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join