It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Believe Corso?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I'd like to point out that they have never reported anyone being killed by an extraterrestrial.

Not true.

There are quite a few actually. Mantell (though this was likely a Skyhook balloon), the Kinross Incident perhaps, and a few Human Mutilation cases. Not to mention the abduction angle.

I don't believe the agenda is open hostility...but I certainly wouldn't term it "benevolent"...... They seem to view us much in the same way as we view lab rats....

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I have no doubt that P Corso - related at least a version of his own truth - embellished and grandized or otherwise - I neither believe nor dis-believe his written accounts - I admit they are interesting and at least partly factual - gimme a ring when 43 publicly unzips a body-bag and says - here's your dead alien - allow 3rd party dissection - then I'll be a satisfied skeptic.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Not true.

There are quite a few actually. Mantell (though this was likely a Skyhook balloon), the Kinross Incident perhaps, and a few Human Mutilation cases. Not to mention the abduction angle.

But how often do abductee's fear their experience? I thought that quite often abductee's actually liked meeting extraterrestrials, even if they treated them like animals.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

But how often do abductee's fear their experience? I thought that quite often abductee's actually liked meeting extraterrestrials, even if they treated them like animals.

Are you kidding?

There are support groups for people who claim to be abductees, and very much fear repeated abductions. It's actually the other way around, statistically, abductions are reported as an unpleasant experience.

Even the Hill case, the first well-documented modern account, has such overtones. Betty and Barney were not comfortable at all at first talking about it. Barney never was. Betty only later saw it in a more positive light.

Personally, if an alien were to come up and ask me nicely to submit to an exam, I'd probably be more inclined to do so, just to see the inside of the ship....even considering what I've read of accounts. It would certainly be the opportunity of a lifetime. So, why the subterfuge? Why abduct against their will? Last I checked, kidnapping was a crime, and for good reason.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I thought that in many cases it turned out that abductee's gave consent possibly for the same reason's you mentioned. I always thought that the et's conducting the tests told the abductee that he would not be harmed and that everything would be fine.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Not always...

Many (especially female) abductees claim they had embryos stolen, were made infertile, were raped, etc. (often by other unknown male abductees). Many abductee experiences are nightmares and most would prefer NOT to have any memory of them.

Many abductees only find out that's what happened because of other problems, such as sleep disorder, nosebleeds, missing time, etc. Only through hypnosis and/or psychotherapy, do they learn the true cause. Unfortunately though, unless they're going to a pretty well-respected doctor, etc., there's no telling if this "recall" is accurate, suggested, or even implanted by the one doing the sessions, which is why it isn't strong evidence in many cases.

Back to the Hill case as an example, that's one of the most compelling arguments. The one seeing the Hills was one of the foremost authorities in the psychology, and a highly respected and accredited Dr.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Many (especially female) abductees claim they had embryos stolen, were made infertile, were raped, etc. (often by other unknown male abductees). Many abductee experiences are nightmares and most would prefer NOT to have any memory of them.

But is there any substantiation for those claims? I mean is there evidence that those people were carying babies?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
In some cases, yes, in others the unfertilized eggs were removed, etc.
In cases where pregnancy was medically recorded, Drs. would simply be at a loss to explain it, and assume the fetus died during the pregnancy.

This is all of course a small percentage, but worth mentioning.

I don't think the evidence shows they are overtly hostile or seeking conquest (as Corso seems to believe). I believe the military was faced with an insurmountable threat and so did what it could to counter it. I think the aliens simply treat us as we do lab animals. In doing so, they are ignoring the obvious signs of our sentience, and therefore are more "hostile" than they could be considered "benign"....or "benovolent".

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
In doing so, they are ignoring the obvious signs of our sentience, and therefore are more "hostile" than they could be considered "benign"....or "benovolent".

I was just thinking about this. What else does it take for them to realize we are no longer the primitive animals that they apparently view us as? We are capable of a lot more scientifically than just a few decades ago. What more do they want?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just descending through the clouds would tell them we are sentient...
Crops don't naturally grow in squares...

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I don't think the evidence shows they are overtly hostile or seeking conquest (as Corso seems to believe). I believe the military was faced with an insurmountable threat and so did what it could to counter it. I think the aliens simply treat us as we do lab animals. In doing so, they are ignoring the obvious signs of our sentience, and therefore are more "hostile" than they could be considered "benign"....or "benovolent".

True, but what of the accounts from abductee's that report the grey aliens to be somewhat friendly towards the earth? That they do recognize us as a fellow intelligent race? Are those to be discounted? My opinion is that they recognzie us as a fellow sentient race but do somewhat look down on us as we would look down on any lower civilization. Maybe their harsh treatment of humans isn't because of hostility but because of lack of emotion, and lack of understanding of human emotion. Like in the Hill case it becomes apparent that the greys don't know everything about us. Such as the time when the main alien became fascinated with Barney's dentures.
Also the Hill case shows that humans can carry on an intelligent conversation with an alien.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I am not one who believes that ETs are here for our benefit, that this benevolent association of space brothers is here to guide humanity to the next level or whatever. I think they are here for their own ends.

People also mistake hostile intent. You dont need to directly attack someone to be hostile. There are many hostile actions that are performed more indirectly.

I would say the aliens are apethetic and slightly hostile or unpleasant.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I would agree with on this. None can be trusted and those that introduce benevolence is something to fear as it's sort of like well wer'e here for no reason.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I used to believe Corso, but I'm not so sure anymore. There are some things he said that make me suspicious... Things like the shape of the crashed Roswell UFO.

As to whether aliens are hostile or not, maybe some are and some aren't. It's possible that we're being visited by several different groups, each with their own agenda. That we haven't been attacked means the aliens can't be all that hostile or someone's protecting us. I'm not sure I'd call taking humans and "doing things" to them an overtly hostile action. They may damage people psychologically, but who knows if they're capaple of understanding that. They're ALIENS after all.

The only stories of deadly attack by aliens I can think of (off the top of my head) are the Dulce incident, which is BS, the Mantell Case, which was most likey a ballon, and the incident in the Gulf of San Matias. There's the human mutes, but that could have been done by other humans.

Edit: Maybe I should read the other posts more carefully.
I forgot about the Kincross incident. Also, the '79 Iran incident and the activating of our ICBMs might be construed as being hostile.

[edit on 8/18/2005 by Flinx]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Hey guys new here !. I really find it had to believe

1. just had the filling cabernet fall on his lap. After all doing so would make a complete picutre for Corso. I was under the impression that this type of info would be so compartmentalized it would not be funny.

2. The filling cabernet is just left in an office

3. Knowing what this guy they let him leave the army.

IMO at this time the US army had major leaks and they feed down some lies to smoke out the rats( Not that Corso was). Like the books states "The only way to keep secrets is to keep them from ourselves" In saying this i dont discredit UFO's just Corso accounts.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Resurrecting an old thread since Corso's UFO story is being played today on the History Channel.

Consider, if you will, one more reason to doubt his story, imo.

OK, he says that aliens from an advanced civilization crashed here and we recovered objects.

Now consider the synchronicity necessary for a crash to happen and objects be recovered during the precise time that these objects (except for the brain device) would be able to be understood and at least partially reverse engineered.

That means the early 1950s in the US. (Not sure if the Russians were near our level with the work on this stuff at the time.)

The idea that this would happen 'just in time' to give us a bootstrap, which wouldn't have worked or be understood even 10-20 years earlier, has got to be quite unlikely.

One of my current favorite theories is that it is improbable that any one sentient civilizations would reach their near technological peak and become experts at space faring within the lifespan of another sentient civilization such that they could meet. To imagine that this could happen AND that we could basically share technology strains belief.

When you look at a timeline of even 100,000 years placed next to the 4 billion year age of the Earth, it's just a tiny dash.

Set a dash "-" to equal 100,000 years, you'd need 40,000 in a row to equal 4 billion. That's a lot of eras for a 'meeting event' to get a 'hit' during our middle industrial period.

Multiply that times the improbability that an alien civilization would be able to find us given that we didn't have any TV signals being broadcast at the time to give us away and it's going to be quite improbable.

I think that if we were to happen upon alien artifacts of a space faring Type II civilization it would be too far advanced for us to even understand let alone reverse engineer.

Of course it's not impossible - strange coincidences happen all the time. But it's one more suspension of disbelief required to buy his tale.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
One/two for me. Corso has credibility. Watch videos of the man. He is telling it like it is.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Another thing that debunks Corso's story.

They are saying that Kevlar was produced in 1965 and that was another bit of evidence of leaked alien tech, from that fiber that Corso said he was not able to cut with a razor blade.

Well we know that Kevlar, good as it is, is inferior to Spider drag-line silk.

So if advanced alien tech was the seed, wouldn't one expect it to be stronger than something a spider could weave?

Dragline spider silk is actually stronger than Kevlar synthetic fibre and Kevlar is several times stronger than steel - polymer scientist David Tirrell in Science.

Spider silk

Heh, I'm surprised Corso didn't try to throw Velcro, Whiteout and Post-it Notes in there, too. He's the Romy White of the UFO set

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

You might consider reading more about Corso.

Those who have been with him when he gives book signings says he makes it up as he goes along. In fact he talks about how he has fun telling 'tales' to his grandkids.

He was just a little guy with a desire to be bigger than he was.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Interesting thread, I often ask myself the same Corso questions...

One thing we should mention is that he claims to have *Seen* a Roswell alien early in his military career.

As I pointed out in this older thread he claimed they had SIX fingers, yet the SOM1-01 recovery manual says they have FOUR.

Were they different alien species?
Did he not count properly due to it being in a crate?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join