It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities Illegally Swarm 77yr Korean War Veterans Property Called Bush Liar On Local AM Radio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I guess this would be considered normal in the free country called AmeriKa. But is it normal in the United States of America.
Was this man truly harassed for speaking his mind.

Law Abiding Ohio Resident And Korean War Veteran Has Authorities Illegally Swarm On His Property Just Hours After He Called President Bush A Liar On A Local AM Radio Station

Snip~~

“This reminds me of Nazi Germany. The people are being fed propaganda and in turn the dollar is going to hell as are the rest of our freedoms. I don’t think we should give up our freedoms in order to be safer, when all the government is trying to do is take us over from within.

“The Founding Fathers would have never stood for what is going on and would have thrown Bush and his buddies out on their ears. I think the people of Ohio are starting to wake up and I do not intend to stop talking about how I feel on that talk radio show.”

“I think George Bush is a liar and is personally responsible for the deaths of many good young men in order that his rich buddies could profit from this illegal war.”

Considering himself a “true American” who honorably fought for his country and drove a Greyhound bus for many years, the plain speaking Bush critic thinks America is in a crisis and at the brink of martial law at the hands of government tyrants bent on destroying the country from within.

www.arcticbeacon.com...

But he is just some old man who the hell cares what he has to say, and what the government does, it’s all for your Homeland, all for your safty. “Right”

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'll just say that a lot of us are in trouble, then, eh? I like old Doug. He's a plain-talker and I agree with what he says. Good for him for not being terrorized!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I really do not know what to say on this.
He does not provide anything to show how the chopper was from the goverment let alone law enforcement. Also according to the article, he is the only one that has seen it.
I am not saying that it did not happen but there are way too many variables here to just jump right in and claim it was the goverment and was in response to his radio commentary.
If it was, then would you not be hearing alot more of this being done to other more outspoken Bush detractors such as Mike Moore and the various newsreporters who trash Bush and the present goverment.
I would like to see more info to back this before I can believe it is anything more than a publicity stunt to promote the show.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Wouldn't the astute members of this board be a little suspicious about these paragraphs and the general tone of the article. I don't know what really happened, but I'm pretty sure this article isn't giving a fair and balanced view of the events.

Besides the strange raid on Stout’s property, the radio station giving the thumbs up to air the controversial truth-telling radio program in the traditionally conservative heartland also has reported mysteriously having its transmitter knocked out on two occasions from “two mysterious bolts of lightening.”

Housewife Lauren Dowling, another avid WAIF listener and unofficial promoter of the truth-telling show that schedules many of the guests for broadcaster Sharon Elliot and station owner Joe Edwards, isn’t pointing fingers but said this week from her rural home that the two “bolts of lightening” in the last six weeks was very unusual.

www.arcticbeacon.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yes, I think you guys may be right. Sometimes I'm a little too trusiting. It does seem to be suspicious. Not saying it's not true, but it sure would bring in listeners, wouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hee hee... doesnt this learn you all a lesson?

It does me. This certifies the fact that we have no freedom left

I'm telling you, old men, old women and children pose a real threat to this country.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

This certifies the fact that we have no freedom left

Has anyone come looking for you, dg, for the nearly continuous anti-American rhetoric you've posted here? Would you call that freedom? WWCD? What would Castro do?

[edit on 2005/8/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
grady, i am correct in saying our freedoms are gone. Evidently you think so too if you think someone would be looking me up, huh?

Its a sad day in history when a caller cannot express an opinion, to quote you, anti-American rhetoric? No. The man was simply telling it the way he sees it.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

grady, i am correct in saying our freedoms are gone. Evidently you think so too if you think someone would be looking me up, huh?

My point is that no one has nor will they ever, unless you incite riot or threaten the life of the President. Do you actually believe that article? Can you not tell from the tone and accusations that there may be no connection between the opinions of this man and the alleged raid on his property. Do you believe that the government controls lightening?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

My point is that no one has nor will they ever, unless you incite riot or threaten the life of the President. Do you actually believe that article? Can you not tell from the tone and accusations that there may be no connection between the opinions of this man and the alleged raid on his property. Do you believe that the government controls lightening?

Nah, conrol it? No way.

But Tesla sure as hell showed us how you could.

[edit on 16/8/2005 by Odium]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be more appropriate for you to caricature your own national flag?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Wouldn't it be more appropriate for you to caricature your own national flag?

I am part Native American and can get citizenship in America if I so desire. (Already looked into it, since I was offered a place in a University to study Law in America).

But I also have one of the U.K. somewhere with "British Empire Inc." on one of my disks. Not found it yet though.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

I am part Native American and can get citizenship in America if I so desire. (Already looked into it, since I was offered a place in a University to study Law in America).

Let us clarify the situation here. I am a native American because I was born in these United States, even though I can trace my ancestry to Scotland, Ireland and Norway.

You are a native something else, presumably British, even though you can trace your ancestry to the indigenous peoples of the Western Hemisphere.

How we came to call these people Native Americans is just one more sad tale in the revisionist history of mankind, as most folks, including every Indian that I know, accepts the fact that they came here by way of the Bering Strait land bridge at some period during the last Ice Age. They got here sooner, but they are no more or less native than I am.

And another thing, the vast majority of Indians, excluding those, of course, who make their money belly-aching about the past, are fiercely loyal Americans.

[edit on 2005/8/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
You read far too much into things.

I use the term "Native American" instead of, Kanien'kehá:ka, because a lot of people would not know who I am talking about. Which stops people having to ask pointless questions or spending time search the internet for the answer.

Also the term "Native" can also refer to me. Where you are born does not just determine where you are from. A good example would be Judaism and people I know who see themselves as Natives to Israel even though their families have been over in the United Kingdom for generations now.

Also you assume I'm not Patriotic? Actually I am to every person on the planet - who doesn't harm others without reason. But I do not uphold any Government.

And by loyalty what do you mean? Do I hold alligence to the Government? No. I do not. I actually don't think the "Found Fathers" of America, would have wished people to be blinded by loyalty for a party or Government. In fact, I am sure they would want what is best for the people thus why they "created" America.

In fact they were not loyal to the ruling Elite and Government of the time but the people and that is where true loyalty should be.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Bear in mind that America is a "government of the people, by the people and for the people." Parties have come and gone and the people remain. Governments change hands and directions, every so often and yet the people remain and those who choose to exercise their rights responsibly, by petitioning their representatives and by campaigning and voting for their leader of choice influence government in very positive ways.

That is what America was founded upon and that is what America remains today, in spite of the likes of Michael Moore, George Soros, Jane Fonda and Cindy Sheehan, who use their freedoms to divide America and Americans.

[edit on 2005/8/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
America was founded on a revolution.

It was not founded on any sort democratic process or by a vote on if they should attempt to over-throw the Crown.

Pure and simple it boiled down to a few brave men, having the guys and courage to stand up for what they believed. Luckily enough people agreed.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

It was not founded on any sort democratic process or by a vote on if they should attempt to over-throw the Crown.

The nation was founded on the principle of democracy. The tyrannical rule to the British was overthrown by revolution. That's an important difference.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well...

America isn't a true democracy due to the electoral system but instead is a Semi-presidential Republic.

I would also argue one of the key parts of the American Government, is [should be] their inabilty to limit the peoples ability to revolt [right to arms] as more importan than the right to vote. As the right to arms secures the second right.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I wear this proudly as does anyone who does not quite agree with the way things are going.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Suron,
I may have done you a disservice on this one.
I origionally question the source due to it seems that he was just attempting to promote the radio show.
Now though I have come across a "finding" by the Attorney General that the National Guard has done nothing wrong. This announcement was made after Sen Dunn of California started an investigation to look into the possiblity that the US Military is collecting information on US citizens like they did during the Vietnam War.
I have started a thread on this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join