It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting against change

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
ATS just passed the new point system, where now we get separate points for each forum.

Now, I dont particularly like the new point system(mostly because my few points are now divided even smaller) but im not going to complain because it was passed by the funding from many members on this board.

That brings me to my idea.

Instead of having to reach a certain number, could we instead have a buyout "vote"? give ATS members 72 hours to pour points either towards or against the new proposal. Depending on how strongly members felt about it would encourage how many points they put towards(or against) it.

This way the people who did not want a change could actually do something about it instead of watching the points for the proposal add up.

---Pineapple

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I totally agree!

The new points system is rubbish and i think it would have been great to be able to give points for there 'not' to be a change! (not that i would have given my points up...lol)

New points system =

Mic

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Does it really make a difference if someone's 120,000,000 points are divided up three ways???? It still all goes into one pot as far as the member store is concerned....that's what points are for, right?

Who cares if someone's avatar info thingy says 99,000 or if it says 33,000 three different times.

ATS, IMO, is not about the points. I come here to learn, argue with people and give my opinion (as stupid as it may be
) on whatever topic(s) jerks my chain that day.....my goal is to educate and to be educated.

Points do not make a member shine, yeah it says alot about how much time and effort they give and contribute to ATS....but does it matter how it is displayed???? I don't think so. I really don't care how it looks, I think the new changes are good to go...why not? Doesnt really matter to me as long as I'm able to log-in everyday.....and increase my U2U's

Just my 2 cents

Sporty

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I dont think it makes any difference one way or the other so long as i still get my all expenses paid trip when i reach 100,000 pts

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
We could have:

ATS Points
BTS Points
PTS Points
Total Points

Mic

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Which reminds me...I still cannot access PTS. It wont take the sign in i have always used for the other two.
I've mentioned it before- Should i apply to PTS? I'm 'fraid they wont accept me as a member

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
To clarify,

I did not make this thread to b***h about the new point system. Members funded it, and it happened.

But the "funding" idea is going to be used again im sure, so for the next time I would like to have the option to put points against the proposal.

---Pineapple

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Aww come on guys and gals Give it a chance its only been a day lol...

SO has been working really hard to help this board become what it is and make it that bit more different that anyother out there, This is ATS! we have to grow and make new ideas

SO has put alot of time and effort in to these changes so lets not jump on it till we see how it all works out.

over and out...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I like the break down, fills in the space.

I think it may be too late to vote it down.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Dunno, seems the ATS brass know what there doing though. You can't have a site in the Web jungle that's this popular unless your sure of where you are and where you want to be..

Dallas

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Just noticed this thread.

Has anyone actually taken the time to look at how the store works and integrates with the 3-board point system... rather than knee-jerk complain?

There's going to be a lot of red-faced pissers and maoners.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Has anyone actually taken the time to look at how the store works and integrates with the 3-board point system... rather than knee-jerk complain?

I agree.

AND I think it's in the announcement almost as much as it is in the kneejerking.

People get used to stuff and some people are resistant to change.

Maybe there needs to be someone delegated to take the time to write just a little more when a change indicating positive progress has been made. The consultation behind it, the purpose, and the benefits/WIFM factor.

Looks good.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I'm not complaining, but I've been to the ATS Store and I'm still trying figure out the rhyme and reason for this change and why so many supported it. From what I understand, even the point distribution is meaningless as it was derived from a formula not from an actual count of contributions to the various boards.

I just want someone to explain, and no pun intended, what is the point?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
funny to see people still value points so much like its some sort of sick collection and that if you accumulate massive points you'll be granted some sort of ridiculous internet royalty crown and the noobs shall grovel before thee!

no points = no respect

oh noes.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
new system sucks...

i want it to say i have 100,000 ATS points (when i reach that) not 100,000 points combined...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

/manhugs

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a suggestion:

give people points in the forums where they participated in...

for example, how do i have this many PTS points and i posted in PTS maybe 7 times???

this way would also show members where they need to "touch up"...

i think SO said doing it this was would be impossible due to coding (don't quote me on this) but this way would be great...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Your elected council staff worked hard for this change, and it was supported and passed by member point contributions.

SkepticOverlord has been working very hard on site changes, adding new servers, and a million other things we may never really know about.. also creating the codes to make this new point system possible.

It is only a day and so many of you seem unwilling to give this change a chance.

Relax, this was a community driven change, not an arbitrary change, a great deal of discussion and work has gone into this.

Again.. your elected council staff worked to make this change, your point contributions passed it.

Relax, give the changes a chance.

Gazz

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
new system sucks...

i want it to say i have 100,000 ATS points (when i reach that) not 100,000 points combined...

The new system does not suck. The new system is simply itemized and for those of us who are already here, not even representatively.

So, again I ask, what is the point?

Surely, one of those who coughed up the points to implement the change can offer one simple explanation.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join