It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Can I rejoin?

page: 1

log in


posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:30 PM
I was initiated in early 2004 as an EA Mason and began preparation for further degrees. Unfortunately, a divorce, kids to take care of, a change in my job, etc, basically life in general ,conspired to prevent me from continuing on. Now things have calmed down. I would like to finish what I've started, but I feel like I've left some folks down and am frankly embarassed to face the brothers at the local lodge. Not that they seem like anything other than great guys, but I'm a bit embarassed for having pretty much deserted them for such a long time. Should I go to a different lodge? Should I just gut it up and face the music and return to this lodge? Should I just forget the whole thing? What would some of you folks do?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:38 PM
Depending on your Grand Lodge's Bylaws, you may need to re-petition, or may only have to contact your Lodge's Secretary. Either way, if you explain the reasons (it would have been easier if you had contacted them in advance) that you didn't complete the degrees, I'm sure they will allow you to continue. A great way to demonstrate your sincerity, and earnest interest in continuing would be to work on your Proficiency and have it ready.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:40 PM
Life sometimes deals us some unfortunate cards.
But there is no "music" to face. You're not the first and certainly won't be the last to be in your situation. I've heard stories of people being raised many years after they were first initiated.
If I were in your shoes, I would talk to some of the members of the Lodge you petitioned. I would explain to them that there were some personal issues that occupied your time and prevented you from furthering your degree work. But now, that your life has settled down you would like to continue. I suspect the Lodge will be most receptive.


Or what Mirthful said

[edit on 14-8-2005 by Golfie]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:54 PM
part of being a mason, and a man is owning up to yourself. you should NEVER feel imbarrased for doing what you feel is right. by you doing the right thing and paying more attention to your family and personal life hasnt and woulndt let anyone down. Anyone of good morals and beliefs that is. but then again if it's a person who has neither of those then it really doesnt matter if you let them down because they are not good people to begin with.

do not feel embarrased or that you let anyone down by being a MAN, AND a mason.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:08 PM
I agree with Mirthful Me, you need to do something to show your ex-brethren that you are serious and will not simply give up again once something else comes up. You gotta understand that they may be (understandably) hesitant to go out of their way once again to prepare for a degree that you will not show up to. Make an effort and show them you are serious by being ready for your proficiency.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:20 AM
good idea Seb. what can he do to show that though? i know at our lodge we have alot of fish fries, maybe if you guys do that you could help out or just keep showing up and talking to them. or help clean off the tables. but Seb. has a very good point, while they will more then likely understand the situation it is still a good idea to show them that they are a priority.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:06 AM
It differs from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but in most places, you will have to return to the original Lodge in which you were initiated, and complete the degrees there, unless they grant you a waiver, and allow another Lodge to perform courtesy Work.

In most states, you do not have to re-petition, but your Second Degree will have to be balloted upon at a regular communication of the Lodge. All you'll need to do is to contact the Lodge Secretary, and inform him that you are now interested in continuing. He'll be familiar with Masonic law in your jurisdiction, and will know how to proceed.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

new topics

top topics


log in