It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Faceless ghost - A Nopperabou?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ok, when i was a child I had a reoccuring dream with a faceless man in a black suit. I turn a coner and he is there. I skid to a stop and he just watches me. fearfull i woke up.

I had the dream on and off and then i moved to a new city. I recently spent a night at a relative in the old town i grew up in and had the dream with the man. Only this time he didnt approach. I was older in the dream obviously, walking through the town centre. he was sat on a bench watching me.

Could an evil spirit inhabit the area? be interested in me? Even though i am scared of him, could it be a spirit guide or guardian angel?

[edit on 14-8-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I have seen the same thing in a dream, except it wasn't an actual guy following me around, it was just this faceless head that you describe. I "woke up" in my dream (as if I woke up in the morning normally), and everything seemed normal except on the other side of the room on a large dresser of some sort that I don't have in my room, there was this bust statue/manniquin head and shoulders of this faceless....face. Needless to say I couldn't even go back to sleep or look at that side of the room when I woke up in the middle of the night after having this happen.

Dunno what is up with this thing. Seems to cause a lot of fear in whoever sees it, so I can't think that it is good. :\.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
wow interesting, could it be some specific kind of apparition, or what does the facelessness represent?

OMG! ok i just found this. the Nopperabou?!

A person which turns out to be a ghost that has no face....the story is spooky if you read......

title changed

[edit on 14-8-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
In my experience, a person with no face appearing in a dream is often signifying one of two things - either a person who only appears as a "filler" (because it is felt that there should be someone in a place), and typically has no other purpose, thus no face. This doesn't seem to be the case with your dreams.

The second explanation is more likely to be pertinent to your story. A faceless person in a dream is often indicative of someone hiding something. Often, it's someone important to you (either now or in the future), and said person has something to hide. I've had several dreams like this myself. One was of a former girlfriend - she appeared in a dream without a face only about a week before I found out she was cheating on me. I've also had a series of dreams where the same faceless entity appeared in all of them. I became familliar with the feel of the person, and though I was never able to see the face, when I met the person in real life, I knew exactly who it was. It turned out I was having premonitions via dreams that showed me a person that I would later meet, and unknowingly get used by.

There's really nothing to be afraid of in seeing a faceless person in a dream. Often it's more of a warning than anything else. So, take it as it is, and heed the warning.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I know its just got me a bit rattled the overwhelming melevolence and malice i see in him. Plus its no1 i know. i get it when im at my grandparents house, where many people have died so i dont know......

new topics

top topics

join