It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questioning ATS - allowed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Are we allowed to question ATS at all?

If so how?

I posted a reasonable, lucid, non-obscene thread on here 5 minutes ago it's now been moved to a mod-only forum preventing anyone else from agreeing with me or proving me wrong.

I thought we were 'denying ignorance' - does this extend to this board & its operation?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You have been told how to address any issue you have,

1. via u2u with the mods

2. using the gripe

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
2. using the gripe

Which is seen by all mods, admin, ownership and your elected member representatives to deliberate without the drama.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Given that your latest complaint has now evolved to...

Mods & censorship

Originally posted by CTID56092
Why cant we debate ATS among members on the forum?

Let's go.

I've honesly lost track of your complaints, the alerts and the mods and council now involved in catering to your special needs CTID56092, but I'm willing to drop everything, grind the board operations to a halt and give you this public forum you so desperately desire to "debate ATS among members on the forum."

I believe this was the reasonable, lucid, non-obscene query to which no amount of private communication with you can satiate.

Originally posted by CTID56092
This board is hosted from UK but there seems to be a strong US bias in terms of policing, warnings etc.

Who are the Mods? - where are they from? Do they make decisions alone in isolation and if so how do you counter the inevitable bias?

Maybe just my impression but I feel the mods are V. quick to issue warnings if it's a non-yank but strangely take a lot longer, if at all, when it's an American.

A valid point or not? - any other non-American feel this way??

The mods are volunteers. They are international. They make decisions in a giant glass house comprised of mods, supermods, admin, ownership and elected member representatives all blessed and watched over by our lady of perpetual handwringing. Your impression is indeed wrong. Your point is indeed not valid.

Anything else? 40,000 members are waiting for you to compose your next thought. The staff is on high alert. We just want to make you happy CTID56092.

Please tell us what else we can do. The Board Business floor is yours.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I stopped doing something important for this.

At least send me your home phone number so we can discuss it.

I can have a public transcript on an RSS feed within the hour.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well you can't just ask the world to stop, log out, log back in again to see that it has, then log out again.

Member was on ATS
6 minutes ago.

That's just bad form.

CLOSED

new topics

top topics

join