It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lifelong Brainwashing Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I think I discovered a way the media may be brainwashing youth their entire lives begining with early childhood.

They start you out young with Nick Jr or Playhouse Disney. These are supposed to be educational, but they are the most retarded things I've ever seen on TV.

After that, they get preteens into Nickelodeon or the Disney Channel. Old Nickelodeon, in my opinion, didn't show as much obviously brainwashing television as they now do.

When they become teenagers, they get into MTV. And later in life, the brainwash is rounded off with VH1.

With the exception of Disney (as far as we know), all of these networks are controlled by MTV. Also, Cartoon Network may be getting in on this too, soon, with their upcoming introduction of Nick Jr-esque children's programing called "Tickle U."

I know this sounds dumb, but it makes sense to me.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by invader_chris]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
blues clues must be the most retarded show i ever glanced at.

these shows seem to be design for the dumbest of kids in mind because i know i wasn't that dumb growing up and i live in a very bad area. if your going to place your kids in-front of the tv for hours, have some semi-difficult stuff that would provoke them to ask their parent's questions and stop sensitizing them with pretty colors and ridiculous outfits

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'll haveta agree with everything Chris said. All these channels are pure brainwash. In ages 2-9 of my life I frequently watched Nickelodeon. Really great programming back then. There were no idiotic cartoons. 50% weren't cartoons they were entertaining game shows and something like 'adventure soap operas' something like that.

At like age 12 I have completely abandoned Nickelodeon. It is pure Idiocy on that channel. You stare into a preteen's eyes these days, 'look into their soul's windows' and you will see pure idiocy and brainwash, their happiness and innocence as children is gone. Like 75-85% of all 5th to 8th graders at the middle school I used to go to were brainwashed and just plain freakin' nutcases. I cannot believe what MTV networks is doing to our youth. Last time I checked they brang the black stereotypes into their children's programming. Yeah let's all make our youth violent now. I pretty much abandoned television because of MTV networks. MTV is a corporation of the NWO.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The conditioning of the population is a pretty basic simple process...

When you go to school you are conditioned, through discipline, schedule, control and competition.

Discipline (form of control) teaches you to obey authority figures and except them as your controler...So in adult life you will listen to your government, and except stupid # like the govs version of 9-11, without question.
You are taught that resistance to "authority" brings punishment, continued in adult life with prisons and COPS shows on TV.

Schedule (class times etc..) conditions us to except the 9-4 adult lifestyle of producing unnecessary garbage for mass consumption to support the lifestyles of the rich and not so famous.
It emphasises strict adherence to instructions from an "authority".
You must be here at this time, you must do as I say, you must not question these instructions.
It creates the need of having someone instruct you as to what to do. So will always look to an "authority" for your answers and you become reliant on the state for survival.

Competition (sports/tests) pretty obvious really. The ruling elite needs us to compete with each other, rather than cooperate with each other.
We are naturally cooperative. Have you noticed in a disaster everyone comes together and cooperates to get things done? It's because in times of high stress/shock our true nature takes over and we forget our conditioning for a while.
When you've got the masses competing with each other for their very lives,
they will have no time to notice what is really going on. So those in power can get away with things like 9-11.

Our view of the World is shaped and manipulated via the media to appear as "they" want it to.

Because of what you were taught in school, or rather not taught, you can only understand one reality. Anything outside of that reality, that contradicts what you were taught in school, is at best ignored if not outright dismissed.

The bad thing is we our selfs perpetuate the myths, we ridicule people who can live outside the box and not just follow the leader, like we're "taught".

Most people can't even allow themselves to believe they've been lied to by the very people they have "worshipped" (pledge of allegiance) since school started.

As soon as you question anything about the gov you are labelled anti-american, or un-patriotic (what's that anyway, more worshipping of false idols?). Or a Commie or gosh! a lefty (like they're soo much worse than fascists and the oh so lovely neo-nazi right
)
And the best one, they accuse you of "hating the government"

Maybe if the Germans had "hated" their government in the 30's WWII would not have happened (well, at least not until the west found another excuse). The control mechanisms used then are used now.

Our basic conditioning and black and white understanding of the World is further enhanced through the media/movies/music...
The gov doesn't have to do much other than control peoples perception of current events. They try to keep those events in the front of our attention, by ramping up the emotion factor, so we forget about what's happened in the past. Because if you really look at what governments have done in the past there is no way you could trust them now.
But for some reason we make up every excuse for the gov we can come up with. We forget the scandals and keep on worshipping the "beast".

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I agree with you invader. Lets remember that mtv took the lead in creating reality tv perhaps the most pernicious invention in the history of the medium. They promote unrepentant drug dealers as role models, and conditon our youth to believe that coarsness and cruelty are virtues.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The media most definetly has control over what sort of personality a person has. I see this happening mostly through music channels such as mtv or much music (up here in canada). For example, 6 months ago, practically everyone that watches the music channels were all into rap music and everyone was dressing in stupid rapper clothes. Then in one month everyone starts listening to "Emo" music and walking around in clothes with pink stripes, stupid hair styles and always complaining that their life is so hard. They all deny that they started listening to it because it was on tv and is now the new cool thing. I just cannot see how almost an entire town can go from one end of the spectrum to the other in such a short time without some kind of outside influence. If this made any sense to anyone and have noticed the same thing happening in your town tell us about it.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by Felt_Marshall]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I agree with you a 100%... I think since TV came into exsistance.
Example how the media effects people and their minds.
Lets pick a Tide Commercial ( clothes soap) they play it at least a 50 times a week. after seeing this over an over, when you go to the store, your gonna buy tide.!
Tell me if you agree with this as far as media brainwashing.
9-11, you hear it over an over an over, They say, from my point of view,
the resond we went to war with Iraq was because 9-11, but Iraq, IMO had nothing to do with 911. but the media will have you believe this! right?
we should be, and I know they are trying, going after the ones responsible for 911.( Bin Laden)
I think the media only wants you to believe what they want you to.
if you see something over and over on T V , chances are real good you will end up believeing it. Wasnt it said before " If you tell a lie long enough you will believe it"?
I think T V is corrupted, everything on it is kiling, wars, hatred, even on cartoons. they are even becoming more for Adults then for children.
could this be why that there is so many school shootings, violence on the streets? when in reality, they show it everyday, on T V?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I would not let children watch the teletubbies show...

Something about that show creeps me out the first time I stumble upon it.

The symbol on their head have some hidden meanings when put together.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by mwen]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I heard something about the symbol on the teletubbies.......but cant remember. When my daughter was young I let her watch a few shows that I selected and thought were okay. One time we were watching Lambchop with Sherry Lewis. Sherry was narrating her version of Little Red Riding Hood. As she continued describing Red's journey she explained that Little Red was running late and needed to take a shortcut. She cut across a frozen pond to get to the woods!!!!!!! I was horrified. We are in Michigan and we educate our kids NOT to go on frozen water without adult supervision or at all! There are lost lives every year from kids venturing out on usafe ice. My daughter never watched that show again and I planned on writing a letter to producers but then it dawned on me that it was probably intentional and the letter would do no good. Then look at Daffy Duck.....hes always shooting himself and coming back to life. What kind of message is that????? These are just a few expamples of things Ive noticed over the years. I could go on for hours.

top topics

join