It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No CCTV to reveal why police shot Brazilian

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This is from an article in the British paper, The Daily Mail.
...In the aftermath of the shooting it was claimed that Mr de Menezes, a Brazilian, vaulted over a ticker barrier and sprinted down the escalators to escape police. the 27-year old electrician was also said to have refused to surrender and to have been wearing a bulky winter coat.

But it has now emerged that:
. Mr de menezes used an Oyster travel card to go through the ticket barrier
. Initially, at least, he walked to the platform
. It is believed the officers did not properly identify themselves before opening fire
. He was not wearing a heavy jacket

It has also emerged that CCTV footage of the shooting, wwhich could have been vital to an Inquiry, will not be available because most of the security cameras at Stockwell Tube station, South London, were not working.

Isnt it interesting how security cameras are used to help catch criminals except when its the government doing the crime, then convieniently they are not allowed. People are supposed to believe they were 'not working.'
Its beyond ridiculous.
Its not a free country if the police kill someone then blatantly not only lie about it but make stuff up, like a heavy coat. Then refuse to aknowledge the security cameras, which blatanatly were working. I mean how could anyone take the word of the police that they were not?

[edit on 13-8-2005 by AdamJ]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I agree that this whole incident and Inquiry is a shambles. It appears that we were told blatent lies from the beginning so that the Police could cover their butts.
At such a time of high security, i am am sure that working CCTV would be one of, if not the, top priority for security and police.
There is more than a faint smell of cover-up concerning this.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
its amazing how they have the nerve to lie like that. it proves that is what happens when your job becomes your life, you will do/say anything. power corrupts. i could never do it, im just not that pathetic.
why the hell doesnt someone just sack these scumbags.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
this happens time and time again. state something false and make the truth sound ridiculous to it so no one believes it.

so you pay for your admission, start walking to the train in normal manner, get chased after a plain clothed officer (correct me if im wrong) so you proceed to run because you have no idea who this man is nor what he want's from you (assuming his gun was already out, who wouldn't run?) and you have no signs of wearing any explosive gear and get shot repeatedly close range.

what the hell is going on?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
More than likely, the people capable of sacking the scumbags who are covering this up are scumbags too. Like you said, power corrupts. So as long as they have people willing to do their dirty work, they will not want to get rid of them.
It is sad when you feel like you cannot trust the police and government for honest facts.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
well i heard he was only running to catch the train. but like everything in this incident its just not clear.

it makes an interesting case study indeed.
dead men cant speak. They would rather lump all the blame on someone who was in fact completely innocent and who has jost lost his whole life, than face up to the responsibility of their job.
Then layer on layer of managment right to the top covers up the criminals.
Then on top of that they hide the cctv and lie about that, even after the other lies are exposed.

It reminds me of a documentary about the 1999 russian bombings. the guy of the FSB/KGB whatever it was just sat their on national tv lying and lying and lying, even after it was obvious and pointed out by the audience, he just wouldnt admit to lying and kept on his BS. It made the US officials look like angels for the way they behaved after 9/11.
i thought however bad we are at least we are not as bad as them, maybe were not so far behind.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
anyone else from england think this is an outrage?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamJ

Yes Sir, I do, the entire thing. The question is; what are we going to do about it all?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It's just disgusting. I live in London and it's a joke. I hate the police already, but now they are everywhere, all over the underground and they love asking for my ticket. I am just lucky to be white.

I would be scared to go around with a big rucksuck if I was of middle eastern origin. You see them searching asian youths all the time on the tube. It's racist, and it's not fair. And obviously leads to more inequality and hatred.

This poor guy was executed. They have lied about the details from the start. The sad thing is he was mugged a few days prior to his shooting.....the officers were in plain clothes. If he did see them chasing him you might imagine he would run anyway after that.

It's just so enraging.

And this all leads to what the government want, the fear.....it helps their plans of ID cards and such to become reality.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Isnt it interesting how security cameras are used to help catch criminals except when its the government doing the crime, then convieniently they are not allowed. People are supposed to believe they were 'not working.'
Its beyond ridiculous.

I agree this is completely strange. And if we are allowed to see something, then they show us 5FPS crap like the video from pentagon.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MERC

Yes Sir, I do, the entire thing. The question is; what are we going to do about it all?

im glad.
its a tough question and i dont know. i just hope people dont forget.
i can forgive them for making a mistake, nobody said the job was gonna be easy. but i just cant forgive them for lying about it. they are the police! these people get their paycheck for doin there job properly! is this part of it? have they earned there pay for this?
someone should sack the lot of em, maybe thats a generalization but its how i feel.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by AdamJ]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
It's just disgusting. I live in London and it's a joke. I hate the police already, but now they are everywhere, all over the underground and they love asking for my ticket. I am just lucky to be white.

I would be scared to go around with a big rucksuck if I was of middle eastern origin. You see them searching asian youths all the time on the tube. It's racist, and it's not fair. And obviously leads to more inequality and hatred.

i used to work in London up until 2 years ago, got the circle line every day and district as well for some time. I dont think i ever saw a policeman/wman once. havent been on since mid '03 but i find it weird now if lots of people are getting searched or something. it must just be weird to see it happening.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

it must just be weird to see it happening.

Yes. Well they have been putting more and more british transport police on the trains since last year, but I never saw that many. Now there have been police outside many stations all the way to the last stops on the undergroud out in the countryside. Somtimes they have machine guns, but only in central London. It makes me feel more uptight having police standing around everywhere, not safe. Especially for those of us who have been attacked by police. Damn them.

I find it disturbing to see that only certain races of people are being searched when they want to travel. Thats no way for London to be. It's an international city, so hugely multi-cultural. It's madness. Shooting immigrants and searching arabs isn't the way to sort this out surely?

dh

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
see
observer.guardian.co.uk...

Everything they told you about this outrage was a lie as it turns out
It has every appearance of a deliberate assassination
The guy was an electrician.Power surges were reported from way early morning and for some time after the events
Is there a connection?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Its beyond ridiculous.

Aparently now there are some pictures available, so it'd be interesting to find out where they all came from. One might assue that they were all from the offical documentaion of the crime scene, but you never know.

Anyway im glad the news ran the story as headlines and treated it with the respect it deserves.
i still say sack the lot of 'em.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I believe a lot of stills were from CCTV cameras. I'm certain not all of them were broken as they originally told us. There are various threads discussing this around the board now. And btw - the news is saying he wasn't running. He was SITTING as evidenced by blood traces on the seat.

So one held him as another emptied bullets into his head - while he was sitting.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
I believe a lot of stills were from CCTV cameras. I'm certain not all of them were broken as they originally told us.

pmsl, crazy.
these guys are in trouble now.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
He was SITTING as evidenced by blood traces on the seat.

is there a source for this?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

is there a source for this?

There has been a leaked document concerning the events, should be in papers tomorrow.

www.atsnn.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Adam,

We are discussing it on this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
There has been footage on television tonight and apparant 'secret' documents.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join