It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open the third eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Is there anyone on this board who has direct experience with the use of the "Third eye"? I feel like I have a very basic understanding of what it could be, but when I meditate and attempt to focus on this, I feel like I am blocking myself or being blocked from it. I am such a rookie:^)
Does anyone have any techniques that allows one to open up the third eye? Sometimes when I meditate, I feel like I am enveloped in a bubble and I can sort of "feel" around me, but I don't think this is what the third eye is. Any help/info is greatly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I asked River and she seems to know alot about that. If you start seeing things like light rays and light around indivduals thats one very noticable sign that your 3rd eye or minds eye is opening. You might want to ask her to be sure though.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Azathoth,
Do you mean Rivergoddess? I did a search, but found many with "river" in their member name. I appreciate your help.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I haven't done much work with chakras, but from what I understand you may want to open all of the other chakras from the bottom up, before you try opening the third eye chakra. That's about all the input I can give on the subject.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yeah the rivergoddess is the one you want to ask. Do you ever get a sensation on your forehead? Could be that your starting to "see"

-Aza

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I have practiced Chi Gung and other internal martial arts for several years and when I am in a meditation, I can feel specific locations sort of "pulse" or vibrate outwards. Especially when I am focusing on one of those points.
When I turn my focus to what I think would be my third eye, it's like I get a strange sensation in the very back of my throat.
In my studies of internal martial arts, especially Ba Gua, I came across stories where people would be able to see "smoke" come from peoples fingertips or the person doing the ba gua would seem invisible, or parts of their body would seem to multiply. However, there was no mention of what the third eye really is and how to access it. I believe that the internal martial arts are sort of related to the third eye, but maybe not completely.
I guess that is why I have posted this thread. To look for those who have been successful at opening the third eye so it can be recognized. Thanks again for the responses

Oh yeah...thanks again, Azathoth. I will U2U her.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by Kongfuey]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I would be interested in hearing any suggestions in order to open my third eye chakra also.
I manage to get my root, solar plexus & crown vibrating but am still unable to open the rest.
Is there a way to reset your chakras? i've heard Reiki practitioners may be able to do this, can anyone confirm?
Kongfuey is the sensation in your throat not just your throat chakra opening up?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well concerning about the third eye, it's best not to try to open it. Cos' you'll "see" things you don't want to see and it might affect your life.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Mclarenmp4,
I truly don't know anything substantial about chakras. My training is limited to the martial arts, such as Tai Chi, Chi Kung, Ba Gua, and Hsing I. Pressure points, chi work and meditation was part of the training also. But in that training, chakras and such were not discussed.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akita_Ken92
Well concerning about the third eye, it's best not to try to open it. Cos' you'll "see" things you don't want to see and it might affect your life.

I am doing the monroe institute hemi sync course at home & in order for me to progress through the varying levels I need to have all my chakra points vibrating at a frequency which will allow me to disconnect my physical self from my etheric self.

Kongfuey,
When you are in your medititive state your chakra's start to what's know as "flowering", if you imagine in your minds eye the vibrating point in your body is a flower. Imagine the flower is opening as it recieves it's energy from the sun & as it opens you should feel the vibrations get deeper & deeper.
The vibrations can sometimes snap you out of your medatitive state, just don't fear it & try to ignore it.

Here is a thread from BTS about Astral Projection which is what I am trying to achieve.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Here is a website explaining where & what your chakra's represent. home.earthlink.net...

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   

the same useless statement my father used. he was to scared untill i convinced him to go through with it any how. and now he doesnt want to get his 3rd eye closed anymore. it's an ignorant statement to say the least

yes reiki practicioners can help you with your chakra's.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius

the same useless statement my father used. he was to scared untill i convinced him to go through with it any how. and now he doesnt want to get his 3rd eye closed anymore. it's an ignorant statement to say the least

yes reiki practicioners can help you with your chakra's.

Hey...my father used to tell me that too!

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I don't know about your third eye, but I know a few people locked up, who'd love to open your brown eye.

lol

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Learning Reiki is a good way to open the third eye. Not just getting a treatment but getting the attunements so that you can treat. This experience aligns your chakras and at the same time promotes many other abilities including being able to use the third eye. The third eye can also be opened through meditation. I found that the quickest way to get results is through the Reiki attunements.

join