It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Car Badges

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Here's a question for the brethren.

I have my mandatory Blue Lodge emblem (from chromeemblems.com) and I am going through the Chapter, Council and Commandery degrees.

I noticed most masons only put emblems for the 'biggies' on their cars, in other words 32nd SR, Shrine, OES, KT, etc.

I have ordered a couple of emblems for Council (which looks cool) and for Mark Master (also looks cool) but I haven't seen anyone else with these intermediate degrees emblems.

Any idea on the etiquette? I know we love our pins and emblems but I don't want to be 'that guy' if I can help it.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Honestly I think its a matter of personal preference. At one point I had a blue lodge & 32nd degree scottish rite emblem on my car. Then I think someone pulled them off - I noticed one day they were no longer there or anywhere around the car, and the things were strong enough that it messed up the paint when someone yanked them off.

Then I got another car, and I'm to afraid to put anything on it because it will mess with the paint job. I noticed that website says there emblems can be removed without damage to the paint - have you tried that? If so, they are nice..I might order one

As long as it doesn't get to absurd proportions - like 30 emblems on 1 car - I don't think anyone will view you as "that guy."

Be aware though - if you get stopped by a mason your guaranteed a ticket! Every mason police officer I've run into never lets off a fellow mason, even if they would have let off a non-mason with a warning.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
reply to post by emsed1

Honestly I think its a matter of personal preference. At one point I had a blue lodge & 32nd degree scottish rite emblem on my car. Then I think someone pulled them off - I noticed one day they were no longer there or anywhere around the car, and the things were strong enough that it messed up the paint when someone yanked them off.

Then I got another car, and I'm to afraid to put anything on it because it will mess with the paint job. I noticed that website says there emblems can be removed without damage to the paint - have you tried that? If so, they are nice..I might order one

As long as it doesn't get to absurd proportions - like 30 emblems on 1 car - I don't think anyone will view you as "that guy."

Be aware though - if you get stopped by a mason your guaranteed a ticket! Every mason police officer I've run into never lets off a fellow mason, even if they would have let off a non-mason with a warning.

I have heard that as well about getting a ticket.

People think it's the opposite but it's not. A police officer who is a Brother will more than likely remind you that you are not setting a good example and you shouldn't be driving that way with a masonic emblem. Our state has Masonic license plates as well, but I know very few brethren who have them.

You have to show a current dues card at the DMV to get them. It sounds strange but we also have about 70 other 'designer' license plates in this state for other groups.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I wonder if I were to buy some of the Masonic decals online and stick them on my truck... If I could get away with speeding.
Of course, I'd have to find out if there are any Masons among the oficers in my town... and I'd expect some kind of refund if I do the experiment. Traffic tickets aren't cheap.

Seeing as how you can easily obtain some online, or peel them off of a Mason's car and LowLevelMason has discovered, why these people who believe so strongly they'll get off for being a Mason don't simply obtain some.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Like our other Brother stated its a matter of personal preference. I have a Past Master, a KYCH that covers the York Rite and a KCCH for the Scottish Rite on my truck window, so it wont fool with the paint job. I don't feel the need to put on any of the honors bodies on it, I just don't think it would look good.

OH yeah, good luck with trying to get out of a ticket with those on.... never worked for me, oh yeah and btw.... neither does my clergy sticker, oh well.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

An excellent question! Some of the people who post here who SO believe that really should buy one and slap it on their car. I'd love to see the report after being stopped for speeding:

"The evil cult mason must have known I was not a real mason, because he gave me some fake speech about how as a mason I should know better and heres my ticket! They must have a database with license plate numbers" (And sadly, I'm not kidding - someone would think this)

By the way, KCCH - a clergy member AND a mason? That anti-masons on board I'm sure just went into a frenzy over that one. How could it be?!?!?!?!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

Yep a Christian Clergyman and a Mason OH MY!!!
Oddly enough just one of thousands.....
I was at dinner a local Lodge last night and found myself sitting with
four or five other Clergymen..... the topic was on the book of James.
LOL, funny the antis think you can never talk about religion and politics as Masons.... thankfully the election is over, Lodge dinners are a bit quieter

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KYCH/32KCCH -- Yep a Christian Clergyman and a Mason OH MY!!! Oddly enough just one of thousands.....

Like the unwitting dude in this story?

[edit on 1/6/2009 by Icarus_Fallen]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Kay a just a Bit off topic for one second But what is A.A.O.N.M.S,

That's how I got the path of petitioning, I was walking through the Mall parking lot one day, Saw a Gentleman get out of a car with a Masonic Symbol Badge on the back and I asked him About, and I am now petitioning a Local Lodge!!

The Mason's are hard to Find when you wanna Petition, Because I've looked and Looked, called, and called, and So I said Hey I will just ask a Mason when I see them in near their car, IT WORKED!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
reply to post by emsed1

Forgot to Mention to you That they are really Nice looking and should be displayed you may want this!

www.bucklesunlimited.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.bucklesunlimited.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobhit
Kay a just a Bit off topic for one second But what is A.A.O.N.M.S,

That's how I got the path of petitioning, I was walking through the Mall parking lot one day, Saw a Gentleman get out of a car with a Masonic Symbol Badge on the back and I asked him About, and I am now petitioning a Local Lodge!!

The Mason's are hard to Find when you wanna Petition, Because I've looked and Looked, called, and called, and So I said Hey I will just ask a Mason when I see them in near their car, IT WORKED!!!!

Well the saying is 2B1ASK1.
A.A.O.N.M.S. is an acronym for the Ancient Arabic Order Nobles Of the Mystic Shrine

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus_Fallen

LOL....LOL.... The funniest thing of all is that antis believe they know so much more than everyone else....
The have the idea that Masons never looked into the anti position and found it without merit....
On the other hand they never look into the fact that most of their denominations are led by Masonic members

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KYCH/32KCCH
LOL....LOL.... The funniest thing of all is that antis believe they know so much more than everyone else....
The have the idea that Masons never looked into the anti position and found it without merit....
On the other hand they never look into the fact that most of their denominations are led by Masonic members

It really the height of arrogance (superiority complex) and ignorance.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by KSigMason]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Yes your are correct... that is the typical low level mason response... most are too low within the hierarchy to realize that all they know is what they are told by their handlers... A pitiful state but self induced and they can easily break free if they had the will...

Unfortunately they've probably destroyed the will too...

Pitiful...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether
Yes your are correct... that is the typical low level mason response... most are too low within the hierarchy to realize that all they know is what they are told by their handlers... A pitiful state but self induced and they can easily break free if they had the will...

Unfortunately they've probably destroyed the will too...

Pitiful...

No matter how hard you wish, no matter how much you click your heels, no matter how much want it to be so - there are no low level masons. Or high level masons. A masonic hierarchy is a illusion device invented by anti-masons (like you) in order to explain why - no matter how desperately they look - they cannot find any proof of the conspiracy they imagine. Its fiction.

Its completely irrational, none of you can explain it, and there is absolutely no evidence or reason for it.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Are you saying that all the 32nd degree members tell the 1st, 2nd or 3rd level members everything they know??? If you are then why would one want to go to the next level??? Wouldn't it just be as easy to just sit and gain knowledge not taking on other levels??? They wouldn't allow it...

If not then you are saying that they may close the door so that some low life won't be able to find out the SECRETs that are supposedly awaiting them in their future higher degrees???

What are you saying??? I'm sure you don't know... and are only spouting off written copy of some type....

You can't really believe that can you???

Forget the semantics boys... it doesn't matter the degree...
In any group you will have a hierarchy, you must... someone has to be in charge... so why is it that most fluff on the subject keeps using the degrees being equal as an argument??

See, I understand and you don't.... A low level mason is one that doesn't know what the high level masons are doing....

Bad script??

My 2cents

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Are you saying that all the 32nd degree members tell the 1st, 2nd or 3rd level members everything they know??? If you are then why would one want to go to the next level??? Wouldn't it just be as easy to just sit and gain knowledge not taking on other levels??? They wouldn't allow it...

Yes they do, and there is no reason not to. If a mason comes to me and wants to know the "royal secret" of the 32nd degrees I'll tell them right away - because there is no reason not to. It is YOU who is imagining some sort level structure. There is none. They are educational degrees. Takes on philosophy, allegorical and mythical stories of history, etc.

People choose to take educational degrees because they are interested in them. There is no 'secret knowledge' you get by sitting through them, it is more like sitting through a college level philosophy class except its a play.

Not only does the Scottish Rite allow it, they encourage it. You, the general public, can buy the Scottish Rite Monitor in many book stores and even the Rite's own website. It has all the rituals, "secrets" and philosophies of the rite as well as all the high points of the ritual in it.

This whole obsession with the Scottish Rite is misplaced. It is ONE SIDE DEGREE SET AMONG MANY. The 32nd degree of the Scottish Rite is no more powerful than a Royal Arch Mason in the York Rite or a Master Mason in the blue lodge.

If not then you are saying that they may close the door so that some low life won't be able to find out the SECRETs that are supposedly awaiting them in their future higher degrees???

What are you saying??? I'm sure you don't know... and are only spouting off written copy of some type....

You can't really believe that can you???

I believe in the truth, you do not. Its right there for you to see, and even purchase, but you refuse to see the obvious. BEHOLD! The secrets of the Scottish Rite for the low low price of $65.00:
www.scottishritestore.org...

Oh yeah, that so secret. So secret the Scottish Rite sells it to you. You can also get the full text from them or other places for much cheaper if you don't want the monitor summary.

Forget the semantics boys... it doesn't matter the degree...
In any group you will have a hierarchy, you must... someone has to be in charge... so why is it that most fluff on the subject keeps using the degrees being equal as an argument??

See, I understand and you don't.... A low level mason is one that doesn't know what the high level masons are doing....

Bad script??

The only bad script is the one you are working from. Somehow you not even being a mason understands all about these high level masons that don't exist. You've already debunked yourself by even going that far, but here let me help you disprove yourself more - what is a high level mason and who is a high level mason?

That you want to see a hierarchy in everything doesn't mean it exists. When I go out with my friends to dinner, there is no hierarchy. Maybe you have high level and low level friends, I don't.

Degrees don't indicate hierarchy - thats your fantasy. Whose "in charge" are officers, which serve one year terms most of the time and then are just regular old members when they get done going through officer chairs. Oh, those evil officers. They must be ruling the world in 1 year increments.

My 2cents

Which isn't worth a penny, because its not based on anything but disinformation.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Not only does the Scottish Rite allow it, they encourage it. You, the general public, can buy the Scottish Rite Monitor in many book stores and even the Rite's own website. It has all the rituals, "secrets" and philosophies of the rite as well as all the high points of the ritual in it. This whole obsession with the Scottish Rite is misplaced.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about when I talk about you masons just flooding the threads with misdirection.... where in my post above did I say anything about the Scottish rite??? Nowhere....

Yet you come out and say " This whole obsession with the Scottish Rite is misplaced".... garbage... meaning let me throw in some fluff so that those really interested in a threads subject will get extremely bothered having to weed through the crud...

As I saw someone state earlier, most of the posts of these types are generally ignored anyways. Seems the smarter ones just mouse past the "repeaters" who constantly spew regurgitated misdirection.

Thank you for the opportunity to show how that works..

Rgds

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Th reason why he brought up the Scottish Rite, is because of the general inclination of most folks counting the 33rd degree as a "High Level."

Yeah... see. That doesn't back you up at all. You keep stating someone else' BS and are surprised only your friends fall for it.

And that would be were either you mentioned the Scottish Rite or are showing your general lack of understanding of Masonry.

Now, the first three degrees, Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft, and Master Mason are the important degrees to Masons.
As a Master Mason he is then eligible to take part in the actual governmental process of Masonry in and of itself.
The separate body of the Scottish Rite picks up at the fourth degree (as does the York Rite, and the various other systems. Though the debate of which particular system should be considered a natural continuation is up to the Mason, Lodge, and in some cases the particular branch.

Each particular branch has it's own council that handles it's functions.

As for th members of the organizations, Pike's work in regards to the Scottish Rite is fairly applicable towards learning about it.
just so long as you don't try to pull out random quotes.
( I need the find that link about the guy who whent to a Bible camp and showed how he could use the Bible to prove Jesus was a scratch golfer. It'd work pretty well here. )

The book itself is pretty long, however I'm not sure if the newer books ar in PDF at this moment or not.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about when I talk about you masons just flooding the threads with misdirection.... where in my post above did I say anything about the Scottish rite??? Nowhere....

And this again shows that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to freemasonry. You think you know all about these high level masons I know nothing about and don't even know that YOUR OWN COMPARISON OF THE 32ND DEGREE IS THE SCOTTISH RITE. Thats the Scottish Rite's degree. Thats the example you used. Nice try at disinformation.

I think its your personal fantasy that ATS members don't listen to the truth and follow your fantasies. If anything half the site has you on ignore, because all you do is spew post after post of sewage and offer no proof.

Thanks for demonstrating yet again your complete lack of knowledge about freemasonry.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join