It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna win?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

I think he is KIWI......

you know the younger brother of the Aussies.....

Actually I am a STEWART, and have no national loyalties.

Try sticking to the topic.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart

Go and play your wargames on the moon and get off our planet you 'bloody' alien!

Is that red haired bud your smoking?

Stick to the topic and keep your drug use insinuations to yourself.

You proved my point, look at the

post.......

Hint: Rememeber to remove the seeds first as they tend to pop and spill your stash.....

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
When all else fails try character assasination eh Ed?
Such a typical Neocon.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by boogymanWhen all else fails try character assasination eh Ed?Such a typical Neocon.

Not at all, I just can not even see how this guy even can claim to be in reality. At least he consistently proves it....

The drug comment was actually me remembering my younger days and how it felt to be 'looped' while thinking I could hear a mouse fart at 50 yards.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   

You proved my point, look at the

post.......

Hint: Rememeber to remove the seeds first as they tend to pop and spill your stash.....

Hey listen, you are by your own admission an ex smoker of THC, but keep your accusations of drug use to yourself.

I don't think it's funny and how about keeping to the topic ?

Global warfare stuffs the envirionment and is a no brainer pastime which can never be 'won'.

SMOKE THAT !!

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

This guy thinks hes on the front lines doesnt he?
Why in the world do you care what your enemy thinks of you, an you brits are overly dramatic to begin with( im assuming you are one). I dont know how many times the brit members post this apocalyptic crap.

You fool we are all on the front lines!

There is no front or rear! Wasnt that supposed to be the big difference this war on terror represented? "Everything changed on 9/11" wasn't that the mantra thats been battologized by the NeoCons the sickening drumbeat used to drive the politically meek before them like wildgame in a hunt for fear of being declared "unamerican" or "soft on terror"?

Its not a question of caring what the enemy thinks its a question of caring how they react! There was a reason why gas was not used in WWII it wasnt that either side cared what the enemy though its that neither side wanted to be exposed to the dreadful escalation of war this would represent. Call them cowardly call them weak but the idea of Nerve agents being doused upon their cities wholesale like Raid on a cluster or roaches didnt really hold much appeal to either side. Something that would have inevitably happened if either side had "gotten tough" on the enemy.

quote: Originally posted by edsinger
Not at all, I just can not even see how this guy even can claim to be in reality. At least he consistently proves it....

The only person here demonstrating a departure from reality here is you and your ilk. I dont see Roy Robinson Stewart heeding the call of the abyss like you are. You people (and I use the term people very loosely here) love "getting tough" you love to show how macho you are throwing around concepts of war you don't even begin to comprehend (I don't know who your trying to impress because it ain't me and it sure as hell aint Osama and his cronies). Okay lets say we do get tough....

What happens when the enemy doesnt flee in terror from our attacks? What happens when his resolve is steeled and he responds in kind? What happens when we become the monster state we despise and the whole world turns against us because they refuse to tolerate a massive aggressive nuclear state that uses Naziesque tactics of war and oppresion. What happens when no one backs down even though the threat of nuclear exchange is imminent but everyone is too obsessed with acting tough? What happens then smartguy?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Listen up Roy Robinson Stewart, this is'nt a "war game" for us...its life and death. If we lose to this mob, they will come flying at our throats in the near future....are you ready for 500,000 dead Americans?

Im just throwing ideas out here cause I feel America needs to change the playing field in this war and up the odds. This "tit-for-tat" running battle with terror cells is a losing game, cause their always one step ahead of Intel.

If you wanna talk thats fine, but leave your insults at the door.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
What happens when no one backs down even though the threat of nuclear exchange is imminent but everyone is too obsessed with acting tough? What happens then smartguy?

Well it would seem to me that these 'scum' are threatening to escalate, we would never nuke them first, so what we wait until the unthinkable happens and then send them a sternly worded memo , only of course after the UN and ACLU approves?

Don't tell me what I know of warfare, I know that when at war you must fight to win, not pussyfoot around and fight war like this in a politically correct manner.

Times have changed, and your example of WWII was a good one, the Germans somewhat fought within expected rules, the Japanese did not and these fanatics are even worse.

So what do you suggest smart guy?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It's a little late in the game to try laying down a massive force to corner them. Bush screwed up in the beginning, and you don't really get a second chance.

We should have gone in with between 500,000 and 1,000,000 troops, immediately locked down access to major cities as well as the borders, and performed grid-searches of the cities with a fine tooth comb for weapons caches and leaders. Then we should have thrown money at the Iraqis BIG TIME to recruit security forces with the goal of training at least 200,000 in the first year.

if we'd secured the borders to begin with and really taken control of those cities, and made training Iraqi forces a high priority, we could have pulled down our troop strength well below current levels by the end of the first year, because we would have captured so much material and so many leaders in the beginning that the insurgency couldn't have grown so strong, and the American face of the occupation wouldn't have lasted long enough to tick off those Iraqis who are only hostile because they want us gone.

Another point- we should have been prepared to pour some serious money into keeping the Iraqi people happy. They never should have eaten so well in their lives as when we first came to town, and they never should have known such safety. We botched it completely and failed to win their loyalty.

Last but not least- heavy firepower won't work. Big explosions are great for taking out large units in a pitched battle, but you just don't need that to kill 10 guys holed up in a little shack making bombs, and if you do resort to that all you're going to do is piss off the neighbors, capture less intelligence, and hurt the Iraqi economy, which will in turn hurt stability.

Last but not least- the crackdown on the ACLU and the summary execution of all enemies? You sound like you'd be a big fan of Saddam. That's not about winning the war my friend, that's partisan BS about protecting Bush's popularity. I'm not your typical wild eyed pacifist nut who wants to see Bush impeached, but I know a thing or two about warfare and politics, and all that suggestion is about is supressing the prisoner abuse scandal. (By the way- we don't want to supress that by killing the prisoners, because another word for prisoner abuse is INTELLIGENCE GATHERING, which is kind of important.) You just proposed stopping the flow of intelligence from POWs by executing them, and you call that advice on how to win?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
What happens when the enemy doesnt flee in terror from our attacks? What happens when his resolve is steeled and he responds in kind? ?

With an attitude like that, we may as well pull out our prayer rugs and face Mecca right now.

You ever been in a real fight Boogyman? Im not talking a girly slap-fight at the StarBucks in Montreal.....I mean a real fight, where you or the other guy gets knocked out cold.

You sock a guy in the jaw and if he hits you back...you hit him harder and faster till he's on his back. If he gets up for more, I knock him down again until he can't get up no more. Thats the hard lesson I learned in the streets of downtown Los Angeles and War is no different.....its just a street fight on a larger scale. You beat your attacker to a pulp and he will never mess with you again....or you lose the fight and face the consequences.

Radical Islam has not been beaten up yet, and thats what Im talking about in Item #4. They have been hit in the jaw, but their not out of the fight yet. Their supporters are still there and we know who they are.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
. (By the way- we don't want to supress that by killing the prisoners, because another word for prisoner abuse is INTELLIGENCE GATHERING, which is kind of important.) You just proposed stopping the flow of intelligence from POWs by executing them, and you call that advice on how to win?

You made some damn good points Vagabond, but in regards to prisoners...they should have (2) choices...talk or die. Im sure the intelligence will start flowing after they see their friends get hanged right in front of them.

The throat-cutters are sure not gonna talk by feeding them 3 hot meals a day with clean sheets and roof over their heads.....Hell, thats a luxury for these guys.

Max

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Y'all wanna win this war on terror? Heres how to do it:

1) Increase troop strength to 500,000 soldiers...even if it means stripping them from Japan, South Korea and Germany. Go on a 1 year offensive that will knock these Terrorists and kidnappers into the afterlife.

2) Start using heavier firepower and quit worrying about "world opinion" The cut-throats we're fighting only understand superior firepower....why do we force our soldiers to fight them on their terms?

3) Kill all prisoners that are caught red-handed with bomb making materials or are caught shooting at coalition forces....Kill them on the spot and be done with it. That also goes for the Garbage at Guantanamo Bay.

4) Start making Iran, Saudi Arabia and Syria pay a "toll" for allowing these terrorists into Iraq. Heres how it works.....if a theres ANY terror attack ANYWHERE in the world that involves Islam ....than US B-2 Bombers should hit Irans #1 oil pipeline...sink that shiney new Frigate sitting in their harbor....hit that nuclear plant in Iran...blow that Iranian refinery up.......assasinate Royal Saudi family members that are proven to finance terrorism.......Hit the Syrian security forces buildings.....etc etc etc. You see, only when it starts getting expensive and dangerous for the Terror sponsers will they start changing....until than they will continue to finance and support terror.

5) Lock up all the ACLU leadership and have a Grand Jury investigate where their getting their money from. Lock up or DEPORT ANYONE who openly supports the Islamic terrorists until this war is over with. Lock up any newspaper or TV reporter that reports a story that can cause harm to our soldiers in the field (Grab-an-Arab prison scandal and the Koran in the toilet scandal from newsweek etc etc).

Let me finnish with this remark....to win a war you have to be more violent than the people your fighting. In WW II, we gave the Japanese so much violence...they finally gave up. They had their fill of it! ....the Nazis gave up after almost ALL their cities were destroyed and their armies wiped out.

Unless these measure are taken....we may as well bring our boys back home and pull the blankie over our heads.

Maximu§

Amen to that my friend. A few nukes in their 'holy' places should give them the message. Fight terror with terror.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   

You ever been in a real fight Boogyman? Im not talking a girly slap-fight at the StarBucks in Montreal.....I mean a real fight, where you or the other guy gets knocked out cold.

So what if he hasn't? We're talking about a war, not a street fight. The two are not similiar in the least. The requirements for victory are entirely different, as are the means by which they are achieved. War is about logistics, command structure, the ability of a bunch of individuals to operate as a cohesive and effective force. You have to disrupt that.
What would you propose exactly? That we physically "knock out" every single terrorist in the world? No war in the history of the world has been won in that way.

You sock a guy in the jaw and if he hits you back...you hit him harder and faster till he's on his back. If he gets up for more, I knock him down again until he can't get up no more.

Oops, freudian slip, you started saying "I" when you had started with "you". Says a lot about what you're up to here. Just talking from the wrong hole to feel like a tough guy. There's little room in strategy for tough guys. Leave it to intelligent people who are concerned with making the enemy incapable to hurt their country. We don't need a bunch of advice from people who just feel big when they talk about killing a lot of people. Leave war to the growups.

Thats the hard lesson I learned in the streets of downtown Los Angeles

You and a thousand other people, myself included, although I was a several dozen miles away in Santa Ana and Orange when I learned my lessons. Funny, you'd think that our society would be crawling with tactical masterminds. Maybe there's a reason why it's not. Maybe war is a lot more complex than a streetfight.
Maybe facing thousands of people who are hidden and disperesed, but who have need of supplies and orders is different from slugging it out with a single jerk who is right in front of you and needs nothing but his fists.

Congratulations on being such a toughguy though Maximus. I've heard an awful lot about what a hardnosed SOB you are. Mostly from you, but I've heard it. Of course I've also heard that the empty can rattles the most.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Yeah I am a tough guy Vagabond.....Ive gotton some lumps and givin plenty out and Ill be the first one to admit my typing and spelling sux.

You got your opinion and I got mine...the difference is Im right and your wrong. Lessons learned on the streets are worth more than 20 degrees in an Ivy league university studing "international relations"

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Listen up Roy Robinson Stewart, this is'nt a "war game" for us...its life and death. If we lose to this mob, they will come flying at our throats in the near future....are you ready for 500,000 dead Americans?

You listen up you 'bloody' warmonger!

Everyone who is involved in this 'Global reality TV wargame' is on the same side. . . . . your government is sponsoring terrorism, creating the conditions for the growth of terrorism, actively organising terrorist acts, and then selling you the idea that it's all the fault of the 'cloth heads'. In fact the terrorist movement is multi national and the White House is right in there!

You are being duped into a war so easily that I can only conclude that in spite of your protests to the contrary you are secretly attracted to war.

Ask yourself. . . Do you find war interesting? Do you like military hardware? Do you feel excited by the latest reports from the war?

If so then you had better get therapy !!

Give up supporting terrorism please Sir.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial
[

Amen to that my friend. A few nukes in their 'holy' places should give them the message. Fight terror with terror.

You are a terrorist and have no right to advocate Nuclear War on this planet.

You should be ashamed of yourself!

Please change your attitude towards a more peaceful solution.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Okay so you really want to win do you?

It is very simple, rescind P2OG.

Next quit using mercenaries to false flag attack divergent groups in Irag, blaming it on "insurgents."

Quit using mercenaries to attack our own troops to use as cannon fodder to prolong a conflict that would otherwise be gone if arms merchants knew how to add, hence realizing Baghdad could be the new Las Vegas even more profitable than the death industry.

Quit using the Iraq war to shut off oil supplies driving up prices.

When this is war is done, give the Iraqi people 30 percent of the oil profits and let them use local contractors to Solari their economy, and use the other 70 per cent for 10 years to clean up the depleted uranium. Since the greedy corporations won't allow that 70 per cent after 10 years to be used by the Iraqi people, go ahead and robber baron it afterwards, it is better than war.

Do all of the above as necessary for Afghanistan and so forth.

Otherwise all the previously commented warmongering will do WW III which is total insanity.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
LA_max, skippy,Cole

you guys....whenever I'm bored I only need look at your posts for a good laugh. It never fails to amuse me as you come out with the same bigotted and ignorant rubbish everytime without fail. Your complete lack of understanding of the situation is hilarious

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
A lot of people on this forum have no knowledge concerning the war on terror.
If you wanna understand the situation

1)be good at geography
2)travel, especially in arab countries
3)stop watching only american media and take a look at the European press, the Arab press...
4) Go on some islamist forum and just read their posts for 2 years as i did, to see how they "think"

i'm astonished to see than on a forum where people are supposed to know the situation, a very few does.
i don't want to be insultingbut it seems than on the average people in the US lack culture

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
You have voted ludo182 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Well said, if only more people would try to understand it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join