It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a Mrs. God ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Every form of life has a male and female counterpart.

Generally, it has always been assumed or written that God is a male entity and that all living things
were created by "him".

In order for "him' to understand the relationships between male and female, love and the importance of the family, I can't help but wonder if "he" also has a female counterpart.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

First of all I would be careful to state that every form of life has a male/female counterpart. There are asexual lifeforms that reproduce via themselves - i.e. independently sexually creative. However, in order to do this, these lifeforms must possess those characteristics of both the male and female counterparts. Therefore, saying that God needs a female counterpart is, for one, (as you mentioned) assuming that God is male, and two, is assuming that a female counterpart doesn't already exist.

I have been told by some that the Holy Ghost is the female counterpart. I understand how this balances out the Holy Trinity having a father, mother, and child. I just don't know how much proof there is of this more than speculation of the balance of the Holy Trinity.

In order for "him' to understand the relationships between male and female, love and the importance of the family, I can't help but wonder if "he" also has a female counterpart.

One must remember that most Christians believe that their god comes close to knowing everything if they don't believe that their god does indeed know everything. Therefore, by saying that in order for him to understand the relationships between male and female he must have a female counterpart would contradict the views of many, many Christians.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
GOD is not a him or her, but both. As GOD is ONE and everything is "of" GOD.

You can not seperate anything from GOD, so therefore GOD is both male and female.

GOD is the ONE unifying code that all life and events must be contained within. Like the database model "form" that all other data must interact with. Without the "form" then you would just have random data that would have no meaning and could not interact with any other bits of data.

GOD sets the rules for how each bit of data can interact with each other bit. This does not mean that it controls the bit of data just sets the guidelines for which it can interact.

Every person and every tangible "entity" then has a unique identifier "key" from which all the data that is YOU or IT is contained. Each key then is linked in a never ending (most of the time) heirarchy of inter-relationships to other "keys".

DEAD people are then to be considered "archive" data and not part of the current active database. But components of them are still interacting on a non animate level. Data of a DEAD person is still linked back to active people through the memories of the dead in the that of the living.

So since GOD can not be a unique key within the same database, then GOD can not exist in a form that is currently known to man as requiring any sort of substance both physical or etheral. So GOD is neither man nor women but rather everything from a rock or piece of cosmic dust to a rabbit or the President of the United States.

YOU can not exist without GOD. Whether you accept it or not is up to you.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Thanks for your input.

Of course many of us believe in God without really understanding what we actually believe in.

It just seems more natural that God would have a female counterpart.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The other posters here is wrong. The christian belive is based on Judaism and they honor the Moon Goddess.

'Spok' in the orginal ST is jew and he invented the Vulcan hand greeting. It was based on a jew tradition where on a sermon the priest will make the same hand signal that 'Spok' use in ST, with the difference that in the jew sermon they make a W with both hands in stead of the Vulkan's one hand.
So the priest's hands would look like WW with the thumbs meeting and this is how they honor her. It is also a tradition that it was the Goddess that made the jewish letters and the hand signal is based on one of the letters. So many of the Vulcan traditions is also jewish.

It is logical, you know.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by Ghaele]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well to me God is netiher a man or a woman... He is none of them or rahter bothe of them...

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
without reading other post here, I truely believe with all my heart that yes everything is Male female. Look at nature alone.
Without the one or other nothing can be created. and this is just what I feel. You need male for the seed, you need female for the egg.
Without the female you can not give life, because females give life, but without the male the female cannot give life because she needs the males seed. so both together would need each other. they are as One.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
how about mary?
in the prayers you say the "our father" where as in the hail mary somewhere shes the "mother of god"?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chasrac64
without reading other post here, I truly believe with all my heart that yes everything is Male female. Look at nature alone.
Without the one or other nothing can be created. and this is just what I feel. You need male for the seed, you need female for the egg.
Without the female you can not give life, because females give life, but without the male the female cannot give life because she needs the males seed. so both together would need each other. they are as One.

This makes perfect sense to me too.

This is also why I strongly question most of organized religion.
Even if the text from most "holy scriptures" may have been well intended, they were also clearly influenced by a male dominated perspective of things at the time they were written.

Women were not even permitted to learn to read and write out of the common misguided ideology
assuming male superiority.

Obviously this ideology is still in practice today even though it has no real basis other than a continued male insecurity about their female counterparts.

Even now with the advent of The Davinci a Code, (theory or otherwise) we begin to wonder if Jesus was in fact married.

Why is this such a big deal? I mean really?

It's NORMAL to have a relationship and a family, so who are we to deny Jesus the love of a woman?

In the same manner, who are we to deny the possibility that God also deserves to have his very own personal relationship?

[edit on 14-8-2005 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
King james group were very anti-woman...
actually, anyone that went against the church and what they taught were treated badly. no one back then were aloud to learn but the one responsible for the deception.
" Keep em in Ignorance" there still doing it today

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Exactly. If God did have a female counterpart (assuming God is male), it would have been edited years apon years ago. So figure if the Bible told the complete truth and their was a female it would have looked something like this;
[Edited by King James], or not.

Anyhow any mention of a female having power wouldn't have been allowed in the Bible. The reasoning? If there was a female with power then women would have rights. And as we all know that wasn't acceptable back then, in fact in some places women's rights are still foriegn. Back in the dark ages women were treated as though they had cooties, and in some countries *coughs*Saudi Arabia*cough* women still don't have rights.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Now we begin to understand why the only source of knowledge permissible for the masses
were the teachings of the "holy" scriptures.

Therefore any text written contrary to those teachings were, and are still regarded as heresy.

Who knows what biblical 'scholars" have kept hidden from the masses either deliberately
or through misconception.

If God is everywhere and part of everything, then I can't imagine how or why this relationship
would go against the very laws of nature as we understand them.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Channy
how about mary?
in the prayers you say the "our father"
where as in the hail mary somewhere shes the "mother of god"?

Mary is indeed the Mother of God. However, she is not
divine and therefore is not Mrs. God.

God is spirit. God is neither male nor female. (NO sex organs!)
However, because Christ said to Call God .. 'Father', we think
of God as a 'Him' and call God a 'Him'.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by

If God is everywhere and part of everything, then I can't imagine how or why this relationship
would go against the very laws of nature as we understand them.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The only reasond why they did this is for power an control. The Only way to control would be to put fear into them. without fear you have no control.
They ( The Church) were the only ones to say what was read to the masses an what was not. I bet cha that there are many things in the Vatican hidden away, and if only one could see!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Who says Mary Is the Mother of God? who teaches this?
( I believe Almighty is Spirit.) Then Answer me , who`s Image our we in?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chasrac64
Who says Mary Is the Mother of God? who teaches this?
( I believe Almighty is Spirit.) Then Answer me , who`s Image our we in?

ever heard the hail mary?

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed are thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God.
Pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

there you go...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thats my point. Did Man teach this or God?
Who says Mary is the Mother Of God? maybe the Church?????
Man Made doctrine????? did God personally come down here and tell you this? or did you learn it in the Church????

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The fact that we use "He" is a challenge of translating the word into English. I get the feeling after this life too we'll not have a gender per Galatians 3:28 - "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." This reflects well with what Jesus said in Matthew 22:30 - "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven."

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

No, some life forms do not have males or females.
Think of the viruses, they are life forms but they do not have Mr.Virus and Mrs. Virus.

Generally, it has always been assumed or written that God is a male entity and that all living things
were created by "him".

That depends of what god you are talking about, mankind has many gods and godesses.

If you believe in a god that was the creator of both man and woman, do you think that god does not know what he/she/it has made? Then you do not really believe in a god that created man and woman.

Edit:
I forgot to add that I do not believe in god(s).

[edit on 15/8/2005 by ArMaP]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join