It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a "werewolf".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
So I was reading this thread on werewolves and figured people might be interested in my story.

First of all, I'm not a cheesy movie style werewolf. I do not change with lunar cycles nor grow fur or change shape. All bullets can kill me, not just silver, and I don't mind cats.

That being said, here are the traits I do have:
I have lower fangs/canines. Yes, we all have canines, however, I have enlarged ones, so much so, that I only have 3 incisors on my lower jaw due to lack of room. My canines are both large and set forward of the rest of my teeth. (This is a family trait, that shows up in about half the males.)
I do enjoy the taste of blood, and am very peaceful but with a viscious snap temper.
I have a strong affinity for large grey wolves, and to a lesser extent american coyotes. I love the forest and mountains.
I am rather large, 6'5" in height, though I'm a bit out of shape in the sense that I have body fat over top of lots of muscle.
While I run on two legs, i tend to turn and pause on my feet and hands at the same time.
I have very good night vision and despite being a smoker, a great sense of smell. I can see better under a full moon than i can durring the day, and it has been proposed that my eye is mostly rod cells (black and white, low light vision). My vision is 20/10, which is above average.
I am american with german heritage, and can trace my family back 800 year into germany. My family name is Wolfe.

Lets be clear that I am a human. I grew up, went to school, studied physics, and have had pretty normal jobs. I in no way stand out from other people, I just come from a family that lead to the legend.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Quest]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I can't figure out if you really buy into your claims, but I'm sure I'm not the first to tell you.... you really aren't a wherewolf. You have unique physical traits, but that's about it.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What mpeake said.

Quick question though.

I'm European, and have been involved with tracing back our family roots for about 15 years now. The difficulty we're having is actually finding reliable parish records, etc, prior to around 1700. If you've done this back 800 years, I'd love to know how you did this, and if you could pass on your sources - this would really, really help us out, as we're coming up somewhat short when we try to go further back than around 1715.

(prior to this, it seems most villages didn't actually keep accurate records of births and marriages, though deaths are somewhat easier to find).

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
I can't figure out if you really buy into your claims, but I'm sure I'm not the first to tell you.... you really aren't a wherewolf. You have unique physical traits, but that's about it.

Thats the point. The legend is based on human traits and the families they ran in.

Also, I obviously can't proove my tendencies and likes, however, I'll set up my web cam and get you a shot of my teeth... as for the family name, its not uncommon at all, there are two family lines in the states the Wolfe and the Wolf.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Quest]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
What mpeake said.

Quick question though.

I'm European, and have been involved with tracing back our family roots for about 15 years now. The difficulty we're having is actually finding reliable parish records, etc, prior to around 1700. If you've done this back 800 years, I'd love to know how you did this, and if you could pass on your sources - this would really, really help us out, as we're coming up somewhat short when we try to go further back than around 1715.

(prior to this, it seems most villages didn't actually keep accurate records of births and marriages, though deaths are somewhat easier to find).

Ok, *I* didn't. I'll have to get the info from my uncle at the next reunion, which should be late this fall.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'd like to know how you can find records way back that far for free as well.

When did you decide to consider yourself a werewolf? Did you just one day decide this, or did your parents tell you that this is a sort of horrible secret, or what.

I have german ancestry, the 'fanglike' canines, and I think that tigers and other large predators look cool; but I don't consider myself anything but human. How do people come to these conclusions. No offense but like I don't know. Is it psychosomatic, is it just for attention... I dunno how humans can consider themselves half wolf, or vampire, or alien, anything else but just human.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
I'd like to know how you can find records way back that far for free as well.

When did you decide to consider yourself a werewolf? Did you just one day decide this, or did your parents tell you that this is a sort of horrible secret, or what.

I have german ancestry, the 'fanglike' canines, and I think that tigers and other large predators look cool; but I don't consider myself anything but human. How do people come to these conclusions. No offense but like I don't know. Is it psychosomatic, is it just for attention... I dunno how humans can consider themselves half wolf, or vampire, or alien, anything else but just human.

I AM A NORMAL HUMAN. THAT IS WHY WEREWOLF IS IN QUOTES. THE POINT IS THAT THE LEGEND IS BASED ON PEOPLE LIKE ME. I've been on ATS for years now, and I only posted this because of the other thread on werewolves, not attention. I thought people might find it interesting, instead, they come in, ignore that I've put werewolf in quotes and said I'm a normal human.

Sheesh people.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I understand what you are trying to say about the legend evolving out of a combination of striking physical characteristics and affinities/tendencies. It would be interesting, if you have access to 800 years of family records, to see if any of your distant ancestors were in fact persecuted as werewolves. There was quite a werewolf hunting craze in Germany at one time and if your family was targetted, this would add weight to your argument that this was part of how the myth developed.

Any chance you could upload a pic of your canines?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Yeah, the names Wolf and Wolfe aren't uncommon at all.

Look what I found (and now I'm going to be obsessed, because I LOVE this stuff)..

"Spelling variations include: Wolfe, Wolf, Woolf, Woolfe, Wolff, de Wolfe, Lupus and many more.
Some of the first settlers of this name or some of its variants were: Paul Wolff, who came to Germantown, Pennsylvania in 1691; of the over one hundred bearers of the name who came to Philadelphia there were Hans Bernard Wolf in 1727, Johann Peter Wolf in 1739, as well as Jonas Wolf in 1732; Bertram Wolff arrived in New York in 1709-10; Magdalena Wolf arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1742, while Ludewig Wolff and Michael Wolff came to Canada in 1783 with the Empire Loyalists. Othilie Wolf came to Baltimore and others.
Information © by Swyrich Corporation"

(Wolfe as a name also appears in my family tree, interestingly enough)

Anyway. The biggest problem is finding reliable records. As I mentioned earlier, many, many parishes in most European nations simply didn't have any consistent method of recording births, marriages and deaths.

Ah, if only the Internet had been around then...

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sorry, I disregarded the quotes. Normally when people start descriptively comparing themselves to something, they are trying to show that they actually are that thing.

I dunno, just a large percentage more people say they have werewolf characteristics than people who are like.... "OMG I AM A TURTLE". Look at my neck its so long and i am shaped like a turtle and my last name is Shelly. Haha.

Why wolves? :\.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Tinkleflower, could you please post your sources. I've been looking for my Ancestry for a long time.
Quest, you have an idea there. I hadn't thought that maybe the Werewolf legend had been based upon certain familiy traits. I betcha' an evolutionist would call you the next step in human evolution. Me, not being an evolutionist, think that you have some kind of eye disorder, probably color blindness. It is kinda cool that you can see better in Full Moon light then sunlight but its probably just a side effect of the color blindness.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Sure can

First here (though this link only refers to a few surnames)

Site with much larger listing and definitions

Small page of links related to surname histories

Hth

Edited to add: By far, the most comprehensive source available to most of us is The LDS genealogy project which is just staggering.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hm... when I was a little kid, my baby-canines were bigger than my other teeth, and somehow pushed thier way to the front of my mouth. However, my canines were pulled and I got braces, and my new canines came in normally. Odd.

JUST AN OBSEVATION!!!! NOT IN ANY WAY A REFERENCE TO ANYTHING!!!

[edit on 8/12/05 by psychochick]

[edit on 8/12/05 by psychochick]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
imo,

growing up with the name wolfe gave you an interest in wolves, and you focus (and maybe exaggerate, maybe just a little ?) on your traits that may support the idea you are wolf like in a way.

werewolf stories started as a way to cover up murders, rapes or other violent crime committed by serial killers or villagers. Not because of big people with pointy teeth

There is even theory that the church is behind it, as a way to cover up sins of the flock

I'm 6'6", weigh 310 lbs, and have red hair and my ancestors are Norwegian. I like to think of myself as a viking, but I am not. It makes for a good halloween costume, but I don't plan on being buried at sea in a burning boat.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Sure can

First here (though this link only refers to a few surnames)

Site with much larger listing and definitions

Small page of links related to surname histories

Hth

Edited to add: By far, the most comprehensive source available to most of us is The LDS genealogy project which is just staggering.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Tinkleflower]

Thank you Tinkleflower. Ever since my sister came across a picture of Napoleon the 3rd in her text book that looked almost exactly like my Dad I've been interested in my ancestry.

P.S. if you want to see that picture here it is: www.transitofvenus.org...
That looks so much like my Dad it's uncanny. Except that my Dad wears glasses, is a bit fatter, and he doesn't wear 13-14th french century clothing, lol.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Voidmaster]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Wait, when you run on two legs, then you turn on all 4's?

Man, stop the b.s.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm one too. Except mine means: Wehr= Armed, Wolf= Wolf...

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wehrwolf

sorry to disappoint you but wehr does not mean armed , not in german and not in any other germanic language , armed would be "bewaffnet" . I must admit that "bewaffnetwolf" does not sound very sexy,"wehr" like in "wehrmacht" or "abwehr" means defense ,
Duden (german reference dictionnary)
1Wehr, die; -, -en [mhd. wer(e), ahd. werī, warī = Befestigung, Verteidigung, Schutzwaffe, zu → wehren] ...
Wehr: 1. Wohnstättenname zu mhd. wer(e) >Befestigung, Wehr in einem FlussFestungswerke, ...

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The Germans have had a strange fascination with werewolfs for ages, like the frnech who have the story of the loup-garou, German hunters putting on wolf hides as belts or coats believed they became werewolves. Also Germans, and in particular, Adolf Hitler had a peculier fascination with wolves. He refered to groups of U-boats as 'wolf packs'. Also wer is an anglo saxon word meaning 'Man'.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hvitserk

Originally posted by wehrwolf

sorry to disappoint you but wehr does not mean armed , not in german and not in any other germanic language , armed would be "bewaffnet" . I must admit that "bewaffnetwolf" does not sound very sexy,"wehr" like in "wehrmacht" or "abwehr" means defense ,
Duden (german reference dictionnary)
1Wehr, die; -, -en [mhd. wer(e), ahd. werī, warī = Befestigung, Verteidigung, Schutzwaffe, zu → wehren] ...
Wehr: 1. Wohnstättenname zu mhd. wer(e) >Befestigung, Wehr in einem FlussFestungswerke, ...

Thanks for the translation

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join