It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See, these things arent ALWAYS negative.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Im not sure if this article has been covered here yet. But i havent found anything on it using the search tool.

This is an extremely good article relating to ancient beleifs, and 2012... It also makes some really, really good points relating to time, and our calendars. It taught me quite a few new things. So i decided i'd share it with everyone.

Click here for the article.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
How did the writer find out about that?

Yes, this is the end of time. It is also the end of the world as we know it. But, that does not mean destruction. It simply means that we are preparing to birth a new world in which we can live and love in peace, harmony and goodwill for all.

I hope that he is right! But how will that occur, all countries having their own government insterad of a foreign country being their government, eg, Northern Ireland becoming a free Ireland?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Nice article.

Although I am not overtly religious even the Bible mentions "birthing pains" as being the beginning of the end. But if you also follow the Bible it mentions that the earth will be renewed. This is to make way for the 1000 year reign of God's people to live in peace and harmony.
If you extrapolate that information and piece it together with the Mayan prophesy then it makes sense it's only in the wording that's different.

I suppose the interpretations of these prophesies have so much doom and gloom is because most of what you read is just that. We as a civilization must be destroyed for something wonderful and new to take place.

It's much like a snake shedding it's skin or a molting process. The earth is in the beginning stages and during the process I think that there will be global changes in order to complete the transition but in the end it will be a new planet.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It's much like a snake shedding it's skin or a molting process. The earth is in the beginning stages and during the process I think that there will be global changes in order to complete the transition but in the end it will be a new planet.

Thats an extremely good way of putting it...

Do you think that humans are naturally pessimistic in thought? And thats why whenever one talks about "the end of the world" it's always disease, death, and fire?

If one was to believe this article, and in all honesty, there is no reason to NOT believe it if it is authentically mayan. the Mayans havent messed up a prediction yet. Then it would prove that "the end" is going to be one of the most glorious times in the Universe. This being said, I cant wait.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I don't think as a race that in our everyday lives we are pessimistic but how often when a prediction is made it's about death, destruction and despair. I don't know if we have grown into the fear because death is inevitable or rather that the predictions made are always about inevitable death. Nobody likes to face their own mortality and in most cases we never have to think about it. But when prophesies speak of the sky is going to fall run for cover I think it's has become our nature to fear first and learn later.

I too have fallen victim to that scenerio. I read through some of these threads and other message boards and it reads of more earthquakes and scientists are waiting for the BIG one, volcanos erupting all at once (run for cover you are all going to die a fiery death), hurricanes, tsunamis, reversal of the poles, climate changes, ozone depletion and on and on.
You become so inundated with this all at once and you think - my God I am going to die a horrible death. Who am I against nature and earth's natural calamities?

Then I began to wonder about the changes on our planet and began to realize that as stated before, if what the Mayan's claim is to come it would only serve that the earth would have to undergo these changes to become new again.
Are we going to perish in earth natural catastrophies? Absolutely, we do now with different events..flooding, tornados etc...but those that are left will behold a creation more beautiful than anyone has ever known.

top topics

join