It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(business) British Airways Cancels all Heathrow Flights over Strike (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
British Airways was forced to cancel over 100 flights into and out of Heathrow International Airport in London until Friday evening due to striking workers. August is a peak time for travel, and over 20,000 passengers were stranded at the airport or diverted to other UK airports.

www.cnn.com
LONDON, England (Reuters) -- British Airways cancelled all its flights from London's Heathrow Airport on Thursday at the peak of its summer holiday season, stranding some 20,000 passengers, following a series of wildcat strikes.

Suitcase-laden travellers crowded the entrances to the world's busiest international airport after baggage handlers, loaders and bus drivers walked out in sympathy with workers at Heathrow caterer Gate Gourmet, which is caught up in a row with management.

BA Chief Executive Rod Eddington said the company had cancelled 120 flights Thursday.

The company later said it cancelled all flights into and out of Heathrow until 1 p.m. ET (1700 GMT) Friday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The airline industry worldwide is already struggling in the face of reduced travel over terror concerns...I can't see how this strike helps anyone.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I just hope this is over by tomorrow morning as my sister is flying in and really dont need the delay.

British Airways has announced 31 flights will leave Heathrow Airport from 8pm following the end of a devastating strike.

The unofficial walkout left more than 70,000 passengers stranded after British Airways scrapped all of its flights in and out of the airport.

Seems like there is going to be an end to this tonight fingers crossed.

BA FLIGHTS GOOD TO GO

join