It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood vaccines pose no health risk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I haven't traced the roots of the funding for this study, or any of the other weaknesses it might have, but it is yet another study in a string of recent research that basically say the same thing. Vaccine is good for you.

link

Contrary to some fears, childhood vaccines do not appear to overwhelm the immune system and make youngsters prone to other infections, according to the largest study to examine the issue.

-P

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I want to say something here, because I feel I must, plus, don't know where else to say it.

My disabled daughter was born nearly 13 yrs. ago (she is now deceased). She had some problems from birth; however, we really didn't know to what extent. At 8 weeks pregnant, I either lost her twin, or had placenta previa, and nearly lost her...thought I had. She was born at 28 weeks gestation due to getting stuck, sideways, when attempting to turn for birth.

She was evalutated twice, before she was 3 months old, by a child development agency in our city. At almost 3 months old, she was declared fairly normal. I was relieved. She lifted her head, scooted around on her belly looking around, smiled, grabbed at objects, etc. (I can't remember if she was rolling over, or not...I think so, but maybe not well, or not much).

She had her first set of shots at about a week over 3 months old...it was horrible after that. She started having seizures. Now, she may have had two seizures before this (at approx. 21 days old and 2 mos. old); however, they were ones where the doctors, and I, thought that she was just stopping breathing. They put her on a monitor. These new seizures were extremely hard, and severe, and her body jackknifed when they occurred. Every seizure damaged her brain more and more.

There's more to the story, but what I wanted to say about the shots is said...I believe they can be very dangerous if there is an unknown, underlying neurological condition present, such as epilepsy, or even brain damage (she very possibly had some damage before the shots...don't know, will never know). I believe, with all my being, that the shots made her condition worse....much worse...than it would have been without them. Just her own reaction to them...something in her...allergic? Possibly, but there it is................beware John Q Public! Please!

[edit on 8/20/05 by FibroKat]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that FibroKat and I am sorry you have had so much pain and heartache.

I do agree with what you say. My disabled 9 year old had problems with her immunizations and four of her siblings had reactions, my six year old had one in the arm, measles I think and his arm swelled from the elbow down his back to his waist and across to the other shoulder. It was hot and red to touch. Same thing happened with his brother when he had his (he had welts form all over) and my baby has also had reactions.

But my 18 year old girl had the worse and most damaging long term to the measles one... the week after she had it everytime she would fall over and skin her knee it would grow back without pigment.. where her pants touched her hips her skin also went pigmentless. Doctor said it was like vitilago and an immune response. Today she still has white knees and hips but thankfully it hasn't gone any further, it was in a space of a few weeks it all started then stopped.

new topics

join