It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every state should have the death penalty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There not only has this thread been moved....but I have now removed all content from my post associated with it. MODS hope that satisfies your anti-death penalty restrictions.

[edit on 11-8-2005 by SOCIAL_TAKEOVER]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It’s easy to be against the death penalty until one of your family members is brutally murdered.
It makes me think that if my 2 year old nephew were murdered and suffered I would not stop until that person is dead. Screw the state paying for it I will do it for free. And I would probably torture the person.
There are some crimes that people should not have a second chance at life. They should have no right to live.

[edit on 11-8-2005 by Timcouchfanclub]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I removed this one as well to save you the time of bashing me for my stance and reply. Thanks. You are really denying nothing on this ole board, except common sense.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
There are six million reasons, ahem 70 million for Stalin, how many for Pol Pot, to abolish the death penalty forever around the world.

If losing a loved one and knowing the offender is in prison for life unable to harm anyone ever again, is the only price you have to pay to destroy government tyranny, then AMEN.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You could also rid the planet of murderous criminals by lockin' 'em up for life without the possibility of parole.

As it's used now, the death penalty is currently the more expensive option too (generally because of pretrial activities, not appeals as might be commonly believed).

Many families feel there's no more closure with the death penalty as there would have been with a LWOP sentence.

But my biggest beef with it that it's simply not applied fairly or consistently.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
you have to be objective in this..there are people who have killed for different reasons if they kill again..and again..and again..then there is no other choice...(there again if multiple people killed my daughter then i would hunt every last 1 of them down)maybe i am stuck in a paradox here..but i think if some killed repeatedly with no reasons or empathy then they need to be stopped..and keeping them locked up for the rest of their lives seems pretty pointless(and from what i read most of them dont want to be locked up for the rest of their lives anyways(MAYBE that would be more of a punishment than death for them..but is this about punishment or what is right and wrong??))i agree with the death penalty..but the reasons have to be solid..we have to be right to take that life..and then maybe its not up to us as humans to judge..maybe that should be left to g-d??

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
As we've lost the original post, thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join