It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan tests home built cruise missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Pakistan has tested its first home built cruise missile.

Presumably if Pakistan develops the ability to reduce the size of its nukes India will get very worried.

No idea of the accuracy or range yet but as this is a first test presumably this will increase.

The scientists inviolved described it as a birthday present for General Musharaff.

I think new nose hair trimmers may have been more appropiate.

Or maybe a new tie.

Cheers

Debaser

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Debaser

The scientists inviolved described it as a birthday present for General Musharaff.

I think new nose hair trimmers may have been more appropiate.

Or maybe a new tie.

true true

anyway. this cruise missle is supposed to be able to hug the terrain like the tomahawk and unlike the joint indo-russian brahmos. wonder which one is better though. but then again comparisons cant be drawn as of now as very little is known about the HATF VII Babur

But its a very very credible development, if it is indigenously developed.

here is another link about it

us.rediff.com...

the link says the HATF VII is not supersonic though. can anyone confirm that

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
i really don't know what to make o fhthis missile.. Never really thought Pakistan had the capability to do something of this magnitude..

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
yes the missile looks pretty good

india needs a missile defence system/shield soon.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I wouldnt think it would be difficult to say reverse engineer an older cruise missile (say the kingfisher) and then rebadge it as your own. It would give extra kudos to the Pakistani Military and maybe force the Indians to think about employing expensive countermeasures.

Cheers

D

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
i really don't know what to make o fhthis missile.. Never really thought Pakistan had the capability to do something of this magnitude..

the Chinese give them the technology / blueprint

remember years back the political thunderstorm it caused when CIA discovered that the Chinese gave the Bomb blueprint to the Pakistan?

you aren't see nothing yet, Iran too will have nuke, we need a multipolar world.

the American never learn, butt out of Taiwan and the world will be a much safer place, Taiwan is part of China, end and over.

the American craze for world dominant and unipolar geopolitical influence will one day bring the world on a one way ticket to DOOM

[edit on 11-8-2005 by betaiso]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by betaiso
the Chinese give them the technology / blueprint

remember years back the political thunderstorm it caused when CIA discovered that the Chinese gave the Bomb blueprint to the Pakistan?

you aren't see nothing yet, Iran too will have nuke, we need a multipolar world.

the American never learn, butt out of Taiwan and the world will be a much safer place, Taiwan is part of China, end and over.

the American craze for world dominant and unipolar geopolitical influence will one day bring the world on a one way ticket to DOOM

[edit on 11-8-2005 by betaiso]

Bla bla bla bla...this is the sound of you talking out your rear. You really think China wants a multipolar world? HAHAHA nice try. they want to be the next hyper power. I say good for them. I hope they fail, but good on them for trying!

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Just having nukes is not the only criterion for becoming a superpower..
Even with all those cruise missiles, Pakistan can still be crushed by India in under a fortnight..Conventionally speaking of course..
What nukes do is deter thats all..

I remember once and Indian journalist was invited in a delegation to china..
Some minister who chaired the meeting spoke a great deal about the necessity for a multipolar world and how it would balance many factors..
When asked on who these poles exactly would be he replied:
but of course US,Russia, Europe and China..
The minister then requested everyone to proceed for dinner..
The indian journalist then asked one more question..
"Sir you speak of a multipolar world, but why do you restrict Asia to remain as a unipolar continent when clearly there is much potential over here for more than one superpower?"
The chinese minister replied "Let us proceed to dinner"...

China's ideas of multipolarism are quite china-centric and ironically very uni-poalristic..

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
this missile could just be a anti-ship missile with longer range

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Say what you say, But untill they are even (Pakistan & Indian) a war has been fought, If not, the pressure will rise and and then when a war starts, the things will be really bad...

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Fighter Master don't worry about india and pakistan...
...If they wan't to fight each other, let's allow them to do so...
We'll be thousands of miles away, drinking beer in a sauna

That's the good thing about living up-north, behind gods back and out of anyones interest

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Say what you say, But untill they are even (Pakistan & Indian) a war has been fought, If not, the pressure will rise and and then when a war starts, the things will be really bad...

Rephrase.. besides war=bad I didn't really get what you were trying to say..

Beer in a sauna?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Ice cold Beer + a hot sauna (~90C ) = the Finnish saturday night
There's nothing that beats it. Trust me i know what i'm talkin about

And after the sauna straight to the lake (ifpossible) or to a little swim in the snow

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
well the fins always have to worry about putin wanting a chunk of that pie

but Pakistan having a cruise missile is not that shocking considering how long they have been out and its an extendition of artillery!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
well the cruise missile test won't highten tensions between india and pakistan it will stablize the power stability in asia india had an upper hand on pakistan after testing there russian made cruise missile, and in return pakistan tested its own developed cruise missile babur.

its 500 km range.

top topics

join