It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dark figure during a projection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Sunday night, June 12th ~05

I was laying on the couch here on my tummy...

I felt the vibrations and it happened soooo super fast!!

I rose my head up and I even felt the split!! at first I was happy but I looked around and saw something that frightened me!! there was a figure standing here in the room.. I will try to describe him or it...

Tall, dark and it had a grey face. no eyes,nose or mouth!! just a plain grey face and I got scared and burried my astral face into my pillow. I started to hear things like someone ranting on me, it sounded like " My god! she is blah blah blah!!"

I made my bodies mesh back and I got out of bed to make sure I was all together.

I didn't try to project anymore after that.

This sucks!! This is the first time that a scarey being was right there when I got out! dam the bad luck!! grrrrrrrr

could this have been a guide?? or.......what?!?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
what do you mean right there when you got out? got out of what? and other then your own fear was there any other emotions soring about you?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
"out" = out of my body. and he/it was standing about 4 feet away and was super tall facing towards me. no other emotions other then my fear. but I do recall the feeling of stillness which is what I always feel when I am out of my body.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Maybe someone else doing an OOBE and wanted to scare you?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Sorry, was you on the couch or in bed?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I'm assuming a couch with a pillow to rest your head.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I've seen that face too, I saw it a year or two ago, I was having sleep paralisys at the moment, and someone I got out of my body and saw that face just a few inches away from me, a grey blurry face without eyes, or mouth or any other feature, it was quite frightening, but I didn't hear any words, just a loud hum, like electricity.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

could this have been a guide?? or.......what?!?

No way was it a guide, from what I know your supposed to feel comfortable around guides, not scared. Probably just a bad entity. Very spooky though.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have seen that face too, but not on a body. It was on my shelf in a dream a few years ago. Kind of like a manniquen? Yeah.. not sure what it is.

The being was most likely some sort of negative entity. It could have been a guide, but due to your incredible fear I would have to say it was definately something bad. You will encounter beings like this in the astral from time to time. They can appear as human-like beings, or anything ranging from that to just a dark cloud/shadow hovering along your ceiling

There are methods of getting rid of them. Don't let them hold you back from astral projection.... because whether you are in the astral or not, they are still there watching you. The astral vibrates at a higher frequency than our plane so they can see you, but you cannot see them. You would be terrified if you knew how many different things besides you lived in your house, but you don't have to be.

[edit on 11-8-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Don't let them hold you back from astral projection.... because whether you are in the astral or not, they are still there watching you.

but could such an entity affect you while projecting?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

but could such an entity affect you while projecting?

Yes they could. I'm not sure if they can prevent you from projecting altogether, but they can make it so you won't want to/a constant struggle. They generally can't hurt you, but they can scare you quite a bit. Whether it is saying very awful things, just looking scary, or even actually hitting you/pushing you around in the astral, they are not nice things to be around.

Normally those sorts of beings won't be around you every single time that you try to project, though. If they are, there are things like conjurations to get rid of them, at least for a while.

Just like bullies in the physical world, there are ways of dealing with them. Because that is all that most of them are, bullies. You shouldn't let bullies prevent you from getting out and having fun, and you shouldn't let negative entities prevent you from exploring the astral plane, either. I know that is easier said than done though, and I can understand why some people decide never to go back.

If you explore the astral plane for any good period of time, you will eventually run into one of these types of beings.

[edit on 11-8-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Oh great one! What is this "projection" that you speak of?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Robert Bruce talks about this in his book 'Astral Dynamics.' Apparently the dark figure affects quite a few people on their first conscious projection, and is completely harmless. According to Bruce it is only necessary that you stand up to it and pay it no attention, willing that it has no control over you; because it really doesn't. Whatever it is thrives on emotion and after you ignore it and continue on your projection it will quickly dissapear.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Robert Bruce.....wow thats the name of the apartment complex across from my home. Ok anyway, thanks for the info Baphomet. I'm learning how to astarlly project, and I wanna be sure I'm preared for anything.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
this has been happening to me for years and one time for 7 hours. not only do i experience sleep paralysis but astral as well. it always seemed to grab me and try to engulf me tho i could feel my astral mouth movein i couldnt speak.

it was like being pulled into a black void of nothing but this time it spoke

in my own voice it said to "I Didn't" so suddenly i got this strange rush of power over it since i t was no longer silent and i responded with "I Did" and it dissolved. i have no clue what relevence these words have but i know it didnt like me responding, or even being able to respond. i have a theory tho based on jungian psychology and the shadow. maby you are actually seeing your own darker self and the key to defeating it is up to you. maby more but listen to the song 46 & 2 by TOOL it may explain or open some new doors
i

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Yeah it is also supposed to threaten some people but like you did, just stand up to it. I'd kill to see that I'm still stuck in my flesh

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
What is the basis behind Astral Projection?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
What baphomet said. It's called a dweller (dweller on the threshold). It's not an actual entity, it's basically a manifestation of fear. After you got scared your mind created all those voices.

Just ignore it next time, no matter what it does or says.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I had sleep paralizys for many years, there were two black faceless entities harassing me. I dont really believe that sleep paralizys is a out-of-body xperience, because I noted things in the room (like a book on a shelf) that wasnt there when I woke up. Anyways, the two black faceless entities would toss me around the room, throuwing themself over me, until one day when I started to fight back, I was pissed turned into a black mantis and started to eat one of them, the other fled, after that my sleep paralizys out-of body experiences has been without black faceless entities.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I've run into this thing before during a completely random sleep paralysis.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join