It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 and its link to GTA San andreas.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I don't know how many of the reg posters here are gamers but there seems to be an increasing link between these two topics. I have been playing Grand theft auto san andreas and was shocked to find an area-51 esq location outside of the los venturas city that doubles for las vegas. You get anywere near the base and you are fired upon. I looked this up on several gaming sites and there is a point to it. According to what I have heard there is some sort of craft you are able to attain if you can inflatrate the base with out dying. Is this another step in the direction of disclosure? Your thoughts please?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I would say no. Played all of the GTA's, and I think they are crazy fun, but just another programmer giving their feed on what they believe.

I do KNOW area 51 exists as most of us do though.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Art follows life, always.

What you are seeing more than anything is the change in attitude of people in general. As we come to accept more and more the idea that we cannot possibly be alone you will see more and more fiction based on the subject.

I do agree that there is a plan for slowing getting people used to the idea that does originate with the people who hold the secrets. But mostly this is done via selective release of documents, photos, and the occasional live witness. Add to that the serious effort of researchers via FOIA requests and we do seem to be moving along rather rapidly. The number of agencies and the staggering amount of paperwork that exists means that it is not possible to catch every FOIA request that might give a tiny piece of the puzzle. Dedicated researchers dig and dig and get hints and clues that lead to interesting places.

A.T
(-)

jra

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
I don't know how many of the reg posters here are gamers but there seems to be an increasing link between these two topics. I have been playing Grand theft auto san andreas and was shocked to find an area-51 esq location outside of the los venturas city that doubles for las vegas. You get anywere near the base and you are fired upon. I looked this up on several gaming sites and there is a point to it. According to what I have heard there is some sort of craft you are able to attain if you can inflatrate the base with out dying. Is this another step in the direction of disclosure? Your thoughts please?

Dude... it's just a game... How would artists and programmers (from the UK) know anything about what goes on at Area 51? They are just regular people like you and I. Area 51 is practicly a household name. Pretty much anyone would know what you're talking about when you say the name "Area 51". Las Venturas is based off Las Vegas, like you said, it then only makes sence that they'd add an Area 51 like place (called Area 69 in the game
). This has nothing to do with disclosure, it's just people having some fun.

Oh and the secret craft is a rocket pack. It's one of the missions you do for Toreno if I remember right.

[edit on 11-8-2005 by jra]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I know its just a game. The point is I find it very interesting and somewhat unusual that they would include such an area in a game that is steeped in unmitigated violence and sexual grandor is all. I, also understand (and it seems from you post that you would disagree and call it a game and only a game) that this would be an ideal way to draw the younger generation into the lore of the real area-51 and everything that entails. I thought it worth mentioning in a forum that is almost soley dedicated to Area-51 and aliens.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I have to agree.

Parhump is just a few hours outside of vegas so it makes sense to have a military base near the las venturas location.

But yeah just a game they put it in there because they thought it would be nifty. The video game company is not working with the government on disclosure.

Besides area fifty one is the best known secret base in the world at this point it's pop culture not disclosure.

I would also like to remind you there was a military base in grand theft auto vice city that if you drove by it or approached it without wearing police uniform they would open fire as well.

Your seeing shadows where there are none.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj

Your seeing shadows where there are none.

Spiderj

Your missing the point. And I'm not seeing shadows. Its just a general observation is all. Plain and simple. And besides who are we to say that its this or that. None of us work for rockstar or take 2 interactive. Try to not jump over board. I am just simply presenting this as an idea nothing more.

[edit on 11-8-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I don't believe I jumped over board your initial post stated you were shocked, that conveys distress, I thought you might like to know that there was nothing to worry about.

I can honestly say with certainty that the guys writing for rockstar are not working for the government, and if they were going to try and use it as disclosure I don't believe they'd go with the whole "Area 69" route.

I can't even begin to imagine the security concerns in a situation like that.

If you want to talk about disclosure in a video game surely "Destroy all humans" and "Area 51" are certainly a more interesting approach but sadly they too are just games.

I know a lot of people in the gaming industry and I wouldn't trust them with my PIN number let alone government secrets.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Perhaps shocked wasnt the right word. I am not "scared" or anything of that sort. I am avid gamer so it was more of a pleasent surprise to see that they included it in the layout is all. Area-69 or Area-51 same difference basically. Its a model of a real area so I don't think they could call it by its real name just as everything in the gta series has a real life counter part to it. I thought about destroy all humans when I made this post as a possible disclosure vechicle but it seemed to hocky if you will. Were as this was a more subtle approach to it. But with so many other things we will never know for certain.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
But again, science fiction and conspiracy have always been apart of video games, its what the people who play them like.

Half life, doom, fallout, they all at least hints of alien mythology in them, but the government really is not involved in the gaming industry.

This opinion is based on lots of experience.

Of course I'm not talking about the openly sponsored government games, yes those have government involvement but sci-fi games and the elements in them are truly due to the writers and producers of the game, no spooks.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
have you ever played the game called "Area-51" lol just came out. Again, its the game developer's idea on whats going on there or w/e.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
So suppose the goverment looked at the gaming industry as one of the prime vechicles for disclosure since it is quickly replacing hollywood and the movies as americas entertainment of choice. How would they go about doing it. Would it be as simple as a placing look a like bases in a fictional nevada or going with the alien mythology as in doom, half life as you mentioned? Or would this even be a pratical venue to venture into with such a delicate topic as this?

I remember playing Area-51 as the coin up version back in HS. But no not the console version of it.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
or what about Halo and Halo 2... best games ever...
(wait we dont have to worry about that until 2552
) well anyways... I guess it could be possible since as you said the gaming industry is quickly replacing hollywood.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I think you are trying to see something that isn't there. also if I remember correctly the only thing you get from "Area 51" is the tank and a couple of aircraft you can pick up from elsewhere in the game. That is the best game ever made though

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Come on read more then the first post! Jeez...I'm not LOOKING FOR ANYTHING OR JUMPING AT SHADOWS!! I am just presenting an idea.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I was pretty disappointed in the so called "Area 69". There was no airstrip, no gate first gate, no special craft, nada. There is a mission though where you can get a jetpack, nothing more. Personally I try to take this as a funny joke as it works like disinfo for me. It would be nice if they made a more realistic copy in the new GTA: Next for the PS3.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I seem to remember a level in Tony Hawks pro skater where you skate around area 51. Security, saucers and even aliens walkin' around!

The gamers imagination...fun level...end of really

woodsy

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Is this another step in the direction of disclosure?

Well, it could be...or it could be a funny idea in a querky game...which is infinitly more likely.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Programmers like to have fun. They like to program things into games like that. Besides, it all adds to the overall effect of the game. A good game has lots of things like that, it makes you laugh, or do things like this. It doesn't mean anything, just that they made a good game.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The craft u get is from doing a mission u have to infiltrate the base and rob a jetpak go to the official website to find all the secrets in the game theres even UFOs but theyre are just lights in the sky that move real fast u dont actually see a big giant saucer shaped thing its just a light in the sky, the jetpaks awsome by the way

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join