It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

da vinci movie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Ok, this is my first post, but I think I like where this one is going.
I have a question. Which Bible are we trying to prove/disprove? Here is a short list:

King James -(KJV)
New King James - (NKJV)
New International Version - (NIV)
New American Standard - (NASB)
American Standard Version - (ASV)
Revised Standard Version - (RSV)
New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
New English Bible - (NEB)
The Living Bible - (TLB)
Good News Bible: Today's English Version - (TEV)
The Jerusalem Bible
The New American Bible
The Contemporary English Version - (CEV)
The New Century Version - (NCV)
New English Translation (NET)
English Standard Version (ESV)
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Today’s New International Version (TNIV)
The Apocrypha (Apo)
Vulgate (Vul)
The Septuagint (Sep)
Greek New Testament (GNT)
The Tanakh(Tan)
The Book of Enoch
The Book of Jubilees
The Book of Mormon
The Pearl of Great Price
The Holy Quran

And that's not including Buddhism, Hinduism, and about a 1000 others.

And you know what every single one of them has in common? They were all writen by man. Writen and edited by man.

Whole chapters and books were erased or left out because someone didn't want it in their version of the Bible. For what ever reasons.

My take on the matter is this: You believe what you want to believe. It's all up to you. I cannot disprove it, the same way you cannot prove it.

Religion is about Faith. Faith in what you beleive in. I personally do not like to be told what to believe, and do not like to be force-fed someone elses ideas and beliefs. I guess I've said my peice.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It's not that I don't completely disbelieve in the bible. I believe it to be historical Fiction. i don't believe in a god, but i believe that some of these events in the bible really happened. I believe Jesus was a real person. i believe he was mortal, and no more supernatural than u or I. I think that the bible was written based on fact, but used fiction to better tell stories and such.

In the early beginnings of the world, people worshiped the Earth. Later on, I feel certain people figured out how they could use this to their advantage. Some of the "Enlightened Ones" were not so enlightened. They had just found a way to govern people to do what they want. Why do you think Priests and such were among the wealthiest back in ancient times? It was created to give these people power and to govern the people. it wasn't until the time of Jesus that I feel religion took a turn for the better. Instead of religion fueling the powerful, it turned to try and purify the people as a different form of government. In order to prevent an unruly race, they had to create these rules for people to follow. These rules could be called the ten Commandments. These people knew that the people would not listen to a mere mortal, so decided to make it seem as though the gods had commanded this of the people. This was to prevent murders and such. now the people had a reason to fear crimes. For they knew, or at least though, that if they did these, they would surely rot in hell. I could go on more, but I'm a little too busy.

This was just an overview of my thoughts. If you disagree with me, then oh well. I just feel that if you seriously contemplate on the origins of religion, I believe this is more possible than the bible.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by deesw
Shauny, there is truth out there, and it is the word of GOD.
There is a farce out there, and it is the davinci code. It is yet another attempt by people like you to twist and pervert the BIBLE to further your own agendas. I would like to present a challenge to you or anyone else on this site.........
Disprove the BIBLE, disprove JESUS.
No man or woman in history has ever been able to do so.
So I challenge you shauny.

Is yet another attempt by people like you to twist and pervert the BIBlE to further your own agendas...

sounds like religion to me...

[edit on 11-8-2005 by Pandoras Box]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
i personally find the divinci code interesting, i have no problem with it being turned into a movie, so dont be so critical on me man. i understand your heated, but nothing is that serious.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by msnevil
Dan Brown was wrong. Jesus was "gay". Since he loved John, And allowed him to lean on his "hairy" Chest. And Judas betrayed his ex-lover with a kiss.

Are you trying to say that Jesus was gay? What the heck!!! Just because you love someone (same sex or not), doesn't mean you are gay!!! And you might be interested to know that in many cultures, it is appropriate to kiss on the cheek someone of the same sex, as a way of greeting!!

My, you really interpreted some things in the bible in a very twisted way.....

Faeryland

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Maybe God did give us God's "word" - the Logos. I wish I knew what happened to it. I'm pretty sure that we don't have it, any more.

Actually, I think that, at best, God gave us the 10 words of power (it may have been only 9) and that was the end of it. Now, in the last 2,000 years, 10 words have not qualified as a book. So, all that history and historical (and hysterical) fiction that people refer to as "The Bible" well, what is that?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faeryland
Are you trying to say that Jesus was gay? What the heck!!! Just because you love someone (same sex or not), doesn't mean you are gay!!! And you might be interested to know that in many cultures, it is appropriate to kiss on the cheek someone of the same sex, as a way of greeting!!

My, you really interpreted some things in the bible in a very twisted way.....

we have this vision of jesus, 'long hair, white, pretty much european looking'...why then would you believe anything written about him, if the 'visual' appearance is no where close to what jesus would have looked like. why in the world was he made to look that way, and not how he really looked?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
found out the book is going to be made in to a film, surprise surprise catholics and christians are not happy. they say they will allow the film to be made and not kick up a fuss as long as they 'change the plot'.

It is obvious from the people involved in the movie that the whole Da Vinci thing is a huge propaganda against Christianity.

Let's see who's involved:

a) Dan Brown. I 've shown how he is linked to the best parts of the Z group in another thread. I only want to add that, while in his site he declares that he does not believe what he has written, he said otherwise in the Discovery documentary: he said that he believes Jesus had children with Mary the Magdalene. He says that while he is catholic...it's very funny, actually.

b) Akiva Goldsman, as screenplay writer. Why a Z man? because the screenplay must be masterfully crafted in order to be as persuasive as possible. We don't want any suspicions to be raised, do we?

c) Tom Hanks, the beloved boy of the Z group, and one of the most overrated actors ever. He played the homosexual in the movie 'Philadelphia', without even getting close to actually behaving as a gay man, and then he played Forest Gamb, without ever persuading us he was retarted in anyway (he successfully managed to alter his pronounciation though!)...Unlike Dastin Hoffman (who is actually one of the greatest actors ever, if not the greatest), Tom Hanks can not 'disappear' from the movie he is playing. No matter what the role, you can always see 'Tom Hanks' behind the role. He is actually one of the flattest actors to reach superstardome status, of course thanks to his connections with Hollywood. Isn't it curious that such an actor was chosen for a major blockbuster that is to be one of the most successful movies of all times?

The other actor that was considered for the role or Robert Langdon was ...Russel Crow. Yet another man of the same ethinicity as Tom Hanks.

All the above prove just one thing: Jesus was right when he said that "the chosen people of God have turned against him" and that "they will perceive the Antichrist as the Messiah".

one question: since when did catholics and christians rule the world?

The propaganda spread by the 'Da Vinci' code proves Christians do not exactly rule the world.

Why do you separate Catholics and Christians? Catholics are Christians.

so nothing anymore is aloud to be different or have a different view of the jesus story. christianity doesn't own jesus nor his legacy, they merely follow it. the bible is a work of fiction, as is dan brown's 'the da vinci code'.

No one forces you not to have a different opinion. The real problem is "why Jesus".

what's the conspiracy? it's the conspiracy to try and carry on witholding any sort of truth or other ideas that might make sense of the jesus story. obviously christians and catholics feel threatened by this book, yet why would you feel threatened unless there was something to hide.

There is nothing to hide...go ahead and prove that Jesus was a mere mortal that had children with Mary Magdalene, and then I will admit I was wrong. Put up, or shut up.

Don't you think that it is a little strange that it is only Christianity that is being hit by the media? why isn't there any movie that says that Mohammad did not exist? Why isn't there any 'work of art' that goes against Buddhism, Zoroastrism, and all the other religions? Why all the religions must be protected, except, ahem, Christianity?

And who has the best interest in proving Christianity a big fraud? Aren't those that condemned Christians that will profit from such an event? Have you actually read any 'holy book' from those people that are on the other side of Christianity? there most 'holy book' (starts with 'T') is filled with hatred against Christians. When I read it, I couldn't believe my eyes! the book even says that "it's better to fornicate with a pig instead of a Christian!"...

And what is do damn wrong with Jesus being son of God? why such disregard against the idea of God and Jesus?

Let's make a hypothesis that indeed Christianity is fake and Jesus was a mere mortal that had children with Mary the Magdalene. Where does that leave us? the other religions are a joke, in terms of teachings, in front of Christianity. I am sorry to say this, but please go ahead and study them.

Judaism is filled with nothing but hatred for other religions...it is very racist.

Islam is not exactly a religion, but more of a political move that defines almost every aspect of life, from economic transactions to how seeds will be planted, and that dictates that "Islam must be spread by the sword" and that "it is better that infidels must die". Islam also promises infinite rice and uris in heaven. Yes, Islam actually promises food and women!

Hinduism has 5 thousand different flavors, some of them with a single god, some of them with thousand gods. The actual purpose of it is to maintain the cast system, saying things that "a woman must die along with her husband" etc.

Buddhism says that when we die, we come back, and that there are several levels of existence: hell, hungry ghosts (!!!), the animal realm, the realm of humans, the realm of jealous gods (even more !!!!!), and the heavens. It is actually better to believe in Middle Earth and Frodo...

So why should one believe to all these ridiculus religions instead of believing to the one religion that actually makes sense? to the one religion that is being viciously fought by all other religions? to the one religion that consistently repeats a miracle that no other religion can dispute (I am talking about the Eastern Holy Light, of course)?

So that's the reason Christianity is being fought against so hard...all other religions are actually too weak to be a problem...and that is also the reason some certain group of people is trying to turn Islam against Christianity...these people are trying to use one fake religion against Christianity in order to bring chaos on Earth, and then bring to us the King of Kings, their 'messiah'...

And the "Davinci Code" move is just one of the many moves being done from the "real enemy" of people in order to discredit Christianity.

EDIT:

The Bible contains the word of God, mixed with the word of Man. Jesus himself explains the reasons why God does not appear in front of us, either in the form of an entity, or in the form of a holy book that goes unchanged throughout centuries: it is because man is free to chose between good and bad, between God and the Devil. So the Bible is God-inspired, but not exactly printed by God.

And for those that say that Bible have differences, I will say this: stop nitpicking. Look at the meanings contained in the Christian religion. So what if one Bible has different wording from another one? the basic meaning is there, unaltered, from the dawn of Christianity.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by masterp]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
It is obvious from the people involved in the movie that the whole Da Vinci thing is a huge propaganda against Christianity.

dan brown may only say he believes what he wrote to be true, to make his book even more controversial, that's what is selling the book. so if he turned around and said, it's all fiction, just a story, then it takes away the fantasy of it all. no propaganda, just your own paranoia.

Unlike Dastin Hoffman (who is actually one of the greatest actors ever, if not the greatest)

dustin is a great actor, it doesn't mean he should be in 'every' film though.

All the above prove just one thing: Jesus was right when he said that "the chosen people of God have turned against him" and that "they will perceive the Antichrist as the Messiah".

i think you're taking everything too seriously. it's a movie. movies, whether or not based on a true story or novel, are for entertainment.

The propaganda spread by the 'Da Vinci' code proves Christians do not exactly rule the world.

Why do you separate Catholics and Christians? Catholics are Christians.

so if christians don't rule the world, why then does it give them the right to demand they change the plot of the movie? why should they have that 'right'? the da vinci code is a twist of the jesus story just as much as the bible is. because if i had said they were both the same, someone would have said 'what an ignorant view, that they are both the same thing'. so i thought i'd put them both, yet someone still has a problem with that.

No one forces you not to have a different opinion. The real problem is "why Jesus".

i know no one is forcing me to have a different opinion, but catholics are trying to force everyone to follow their rules and guidelines if you talk about jesus, as they want the movie plot changed. ''why jesus''...because the da vinci code just happens to be about jesus perhaps?

There is nothing to hide...go ahead and prove that Jesus was a mere mortal that had children with Mary Magdalene, and then I will admit I was wrong. Put up, or shut up.

nothing to hide...then why would they want the movie plot changed?

Don't you think that it is a little strange that it is only Christianity that is being hit by the media? why isn't there any movie that says that Mohammad did not exist? Why isn't there any 'work of art' that goes against Buddhism, Zoroastrism, and all the other religions? Why all the religions must be protected, except, ahem, Christianity?

classic view. us christians are all victims, we're always picked on, whine, moan. the movie isn't saying 'jesus' didn't exist, so why would there be one about mohammad not existing? you want to know why christianity is in the media...because it sells. it sells not only their own books and beliefs, but is able to sell books with conflicting opinions, and will sell an entertaining movie to the public as well. since christianity was created it has been 'sold' to people.

And what is do damn wrong with Jesus being son of God? why such disregard against the idea of God and Jesus?

using your own ideology: what's so damn wrong about jesus being mortal, having children, marrying mary?

Hinduism has 5 thousand different flavors, some of them with a single god, some of them with thousand gods. The actual purpose of it is to maintain the cast system, saying things that "a woman must die along with her husband" etc.

just the same as the many sects of christianity, many different bibles, many different views on exactly what jesus did, and many different views on how live within these different sects.

Buddhism says that when we die, we come back, and that there are several levels of existence: hell, hungry ghosts (!!!), the animal realm, the realm of humans, the realm of jealous gods (even more !!!!!), and the heavens. It is actually better to believe in Middle Earth and Frodo...

(*sarcasm warning) yeah, stories like feeding 5000 people, noah's ark, adam & eve are much more believable.

And the "Davinci Code" move is just one of the many moves being done from the "real enemy" of people in order to discredit Christianity.

you talk about it like the da vinci code that dan brown wrote was the first of it's kind. what about holy blood holy grail, the original da vinci code from 1983?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
the DVC was a interesting read, but the "story" is fundamentally flawed, as jesus never existed in the first place, so i can't see how there's any "truth" in it's claims. There's a mass of evidence out there nowadays to proove this, the bible was never ment to be taken litterelly, it's just symbolic, but people have interpreted it in their own ways over the years.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

c) Tom Hanks, the beloved boy of the Z group, and one of the most overrated actors ever. He played the homosexual in the movie 'Philadelphia', without even getting close to actually behaving as a gay man

and how, pray tell, do you think a gay man is supposed to behave? That's one of the most offensive, homophobic, and narrow-minded sentences that I've seen written on this board in quite a while!

You think the old Hollywood stereotypes of gay men are real?! And then you want to blast Hollywood?! I'd be willing to bet that you have interacted with several gay men in the last week and you never knew it.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I found out about this film via my ATS E-mail, there was an artical about the Roslyn Chapel (I think it was called Roslyn or a similer name) in Scotland where the Arc of Covinant is meant to be kept.

The di vinchi code is very interesting and the whole holy grail story linked to the bloodline of Jesus Christ again interesting.

There is no right and wrong answer as far as i see it. I was brought up a Catholic but i am no longer Catholic as i personally feel the roots of Jesus and God are of extraterestrial origion. It is my personal opinion as there is too much mystycisum in the world. There are alot of oditys over ufo's in ancient paintings, the Dogon tribe who knew how many planets there are in our solour system before we did. The pyramids connecting to the star constilations, etc etc. Many of such topics are covered here on ATS

Humanas are too afraid to change history! When the sphinx was discovered to be older than first anticipated egyptologists and other experts did not want to accept that they where wrong as it meant changing history. This made them uncomfortable and insecure. It took one brave man to fight the corner and make the world pay attention and listen to true FACT. Why is it so scary TO CHANGE HISTORY AND FACE UP TO TRUE FACTS?

Ok who knows how reliable the bible really is? How authentic is the bible in the first place? Why have we been denied full access to scriptures such as the ones locked up in the Vataccin! What are they hiding and why? If we are not allowed to peice the jigsaw together ourselves due to certain powers, then how can we get the full picture to make up our own minds?

WE CANT

So the best thing to do is have an open mind, we may never know the truth!

I am actually really looking forward to this film...I will think of it only as a possibility as... I view the bible in the same manner, the stories are possibly true but i can't prove or disprove anything.

I am still Christian in the sence i belive Christ walked the earth and i belive there is a God source. Dosen't mean i am right or wrong thou, again something i can't prove!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I only want to add that, while in his site he declares that he does not believe what he has written, he said otherwise in the Discovery documentary

That is true. The book though is sold as fiction no matter what he believes in. Brown a Z man?
He's just a passionate writer.

...and then he played Forest Gamb, ...

Uh first off, its Forest Gump. And maybe he's not part of the Z whatever, but maybe he's just a really good actor?

The other actor that was considered for the role or Robert Langdon was ...Russel Crow. Yet another man of the same ethinicity as Tom Hanks

I'm sorry someone help me out here. Was that aimed towards racism in any way?

Are you getting your info from a christian website or something?

Listen, I think you should take a break from the whining and whimpering for a while.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Is yet another attempt by people like you to twist and pervert the BIBlE to further your own agendas...

Sounds like truth to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

the DVC was a interesting read, but the "story" is fundamentally flawed, as jesus never existed in the first place, so i can't see how there's any "truth" in it's claims. There's a mass of evidence out there nowadays to proove this, the bible was never ment to be taken litterelly, it's just symbolic, but people have interpreted it in their own ways over the years

So I guess that you were alive two thousand years ago to prove all of the disciples wrong? There is no evidence that you speak of, never has been, never will be. If ya gots problems with GOD, take them up with him. Not believing in him doesn't make him unreal.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

So I guess that you were alive two thousand years ago to prove all of the disciples wrong? There is no evidence that you speak of, never has been, never will be. If ya gots problems with GOD, take them up with him. Not believing in him doesn't make him unreal.

Taking it up and speaking with GOD is going to be pointless seeing how he can be more than extremely quiet at times.

Also, neither side can critisize each other about "evidence" because neither side has any. You will say you have the bible as evidence. But do you believe everything written in a book? If that's the case, then why can't you believe the DVC?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

But do you believe everything written in a book? If that's the case, then why can't you believe the DVC?

Not a book, the book. There have been some very good points brought up on this thread. Ya gots ta look at the fact that Christianity has always been the most persecuted religion ever. People fear the Bible and God for a reason. As for the movie, whatever. People will watch it, people will like it. People will watch it, people will hate it. My family and I will not be watching such blasphemy though. My old pastor and friend once told me that being a Christian is like having two dogs inside you that are constantly fighting. I asked him which dog wins? He said whichever dog you feed the most.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Who thinks they will get Dennis Quaid to play Langdon? I dunno why, he just came to mind when I started thinking about what the movie would be like when I finished the book. Have they announced the actors yet?

edit: duh, I have teh internetz. OMG Tom Hanks as Langdon? Ok this will probably suck now. I always thought they would get Jean Reno to play Fache though, so I guess I was right about that!

[edit on 13-8-2005 by cargo]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

My family and I will not be watching such blasphemy though.

yeah, better stick to teachings of jesus christ and all the rest of the bible, so you can stay in your little bubble where nothing hurts your beliefs.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
for those trying to defend the word of God and Jesus Christ, don't.
that's were everything gets messed up. people take their beliefs personal and try to press it up against people. have you ever been pressed up about something?

ex:
telemarketers
other religions
pop-ups
'make your penis bigger emails'

all make you feel invaded and makes you defensive. if someone doesn't believe in what you believe in, turn the other cheek and don't be mean spirited. by doing the opposite your disproving the word of God and Jesus Christ. if your doing the opposite of what he preached, how much better are you?

this is why i dislike any established religion who exploit a good idea for their own personal interpretations. you set up a skewed view of what has been written.

and for the record, i believe in god. i haven't finished reading the bible so i can't comment on something i haven't read firsthand so i wont say more then that. so please, don't feel insulted or defensive because someone doesn't' agree with your own personal beliefs.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join