It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Al Qaeda Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to this new Al Qaeda video that was released? If so please post.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Which one? what does it show? why do you want it?
How about a bit more info, then maybe people can help.
You could try a 'Google search' too.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Which one? what does it show? why do you want it?
How about a bit more info, then maybe people can help.
You could try a 'Google search' too.

Just heard about it this morning. It's 2 hours long and it's "propaganga" they say. Don't know too much about it though. Been looking for it, but with no avail. All I know is that it's well made, and 2 hours long

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
just another propaganda video showing the downing of the chinook helo with the SEALs and the pilots. showing the identification of one of the SEALs and as well as showing items takened from the crash site. just warning the troops. but that aint gonna make a difference since the American troops are fighting them. i guess they are just tired of fighting Americans.
so they are warning them.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here's a link, but no video yet...Still searching.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 10-8-2005 by glan]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Wow interesting stuff. The video sounds extremly detailed. It sounds like a documentary...Almost as though they wated to make a full movie.

These guys must be jealous of Michael Moore

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is new, and believed to be genuine at this point in time.

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer says a video aired on Arab television, showing a masked militant with an apparent Australian accent, appears to be authentic.

The footage shows the man holding a rifle and criticising the British Prime Minister Tony Blair over the war in Iraq.

The masked man also boasted about a recent attack that killed United States troops in Afghanistan and he said a group of Al Qaeda fighters carried out the operation.

Mr Downer says while it is hard to tell the man's nationality, officials are trying to identify whether he is Australian.

"He seems to be a native English speaker," he said.

"And, bearing in mind we do have a very small number of Australians who are jihadists, who have joined the jihad movement, who have trained with Al Qaeda, we can't rule it out that it's an Australian."

Article and video links.

"He certainly speaks fluent English, he could be British or he could be an Australian.

"Bearing in mind we do have a very small number of Australians who are jihadists, who have joined the jihad movement, (who) have trained with al-Qaeda, we can't rule it out that it is an Australian."

Terrorism expert Clive Williams from the Australian National University said the video appeared to be the work of al-Qaeda, and seemed to be authentic.

The fact the terrorists had used a person with an Australian accent in the message was interesting, Mr Williams said.

"It's probably intended to show the organisation has international support," he said.

Source

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub

Wow interesting stuff. The video sounds extremly detailed. It sounds like a documentary...Almost as though they wated to make a full movie.

These guys must be jealous of Michael Moore

It was made to be a documentry. Looks pretty interesting I agree.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the link Sanctum

Arggg not the full video.

[edit on 10-8-2005 by glan]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
yeah I already posted about it this morning

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
"The men cook tea over campfires and kneel in prayer under the open skies, then duck into a makeshift classroom where an instructor outlines the coming "Operation to Defeat the Crucifix" against U.S. and allied forces."

The above quote is taken directly from the AP report on Foxnews website.
So this is not about religion? Not about Holy War? Damn coulda fooled me!
Funny how it doesn't say "Operation to defeat the Enemy or Operation to defeat the Imperialist or even Operation to defeat the American dogs, nope it says CRUCIFIX. Now I wasn't born yesterday and I might not be the smartest dog in the kennel but damn if that doesn't just smack of Religion to me. Hell I might be wrong but gimme a break!! Not a Holy War!
Seems Bennie Laden and his bunch of masked minions seem to think it is a Holy War. Imagine that!

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here's a slideshow of the video

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AteKqgrgMiIARx1pOe1L0wXlWMcF;_ylu=X3o'___'A5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Family quizzed over video.

ANTI-TERRORISM police trying to identify the Australian linked to the latest al-Qaeda video yesterday contacted the mother of a former soldier who vanished in mid-2001 after travelling to Afghanistan.

Mathew Stewart, a private in the army's 2RAR regiment until being discharged on psychological grounds, has been high on a government priority watch-list since he crossed the Iranian border into Afghanistan on August 4, 2001, a month before the attacks on the US on September 11. He had reportedly converted to Islam.
Sources confirmed last night that Mr Stewart had not contacted his family on Queensland's Sunshine Coast for at least three years.

Mr Stewart was the subject of an Australian Defence Force statement in mid-2002 that listed a 25-year-old man as missing in Afghanistan and believed to have trained with al-Qaeda.

Security agencies in Australia and overseas are making exhaustive checks to try to establish any link between the missing man and the release of an al-Qaeda video this week showing a masked man speaking with an Australian accent.

news.com.au

I have the audio as an MP3, and the accent sounds very Australian...but that of an Australian whose parents or grandparents emigrated to Australia from a country, where english is not the 'native' tongue. There's a subtle nuance in the speech pattern.

So, who is this person?

Sanc'.

join