It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the top predator in the sea? Shark you say? Not so fast..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
did everyone miss my comment about the sperm whale? those things are supposadly hunting giant squid.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
did everyone miss my comment about the sperm whale? those things are supposadly hunting giant squid.

I said that too. Yes they do but Giant Squid put up a hard fight before dying and sometimes they win.
Also, a Great White wouldn't know what to do against a 70-foot long Collosal Squid. There are evidence that Gaint/Collosal Squid can grow up to 200 feet long. That size is indicated by sucker scars on Sperm Whales. I don't think a Great White could even comprehend a 200-foot Squid, much less kill it.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Giant Squid eats all of them so I will go with Giant Squid. Sorry but if you want to go by what eats who then it is Giant Squid, they have been known to eat Sperm Whales by keeping them under for longer then they can hold their breaths and die of suffication.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster

Originally posted by Jehosephat

That size is indicated by sucker scars on Sperm Whales. I don't think a Great White could even comprehend a 200-foot Squid, much less kill it.
I am not disputing the "200 feet long" issue. But just want to point out that some of those scars are suffered when the sperm whale are smaller, thus the suction cup "appears" to be bigger.

Another thing, big whites and giant squids occupied different layer of the ocean, their encounter are not an everyday event, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
OK, I see where this argument is going. Now we're talking about squids 2/3 of a football field long. Go out to your local high school football field and take a gander. They might exist but I'm sure they're extremely rare. The argument can get as ridiculous as we want I guess. There's a huge tempermental difference between a sperm whale and a great white. Most whales are docile. They might see a squid as something to play with and end up in a life or death situation. Although a great white might not necessarily hunt the squid, in a face to face I'll take the power and bite of the most fearsome animal on the planet over calamari. By the way, Jaws requests a nice marinara please.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join