It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

job referencing bill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hi everyone, sorry if this is a on the wrong board, it has something to do with current events. Seen as bush's bill about the whole nuclear thing has been passed, i'm sure the social security will be reformed, and the postal service. But my question is my mom told me last night that she watched something on night stock reports i think it was on pbs, and how they mentioned something about taking away confidentiality when jobs call for referencing. When they call an earlier job, i think they can only say if you worked there and when. My mom told me about how they wanted to pass this bill, were they can say whatever they want or even badmouth. Has anyone else heard about this? Is congress actually thinking about passing this?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I haven't time to check this out tonight.
Have you checked anyhwere on the Internet?

I have a real problem with former employers having free reign with what they tell prospective employers. Who knows how reliable and truthful former bosses can be? Bad business, bad business :shk:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I've been listening to NPR all week, and I haven't heard about it. Really, though, I don't like it, but I understand where they're coming from. It matters if you were fired from your teaching job because you were a pedophile or if you left because you didn't have enough kids to teach. I think the only way they could justify it, however, would be for government jobs, in which case they can already do background checks on you, so why bother?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I haven't time to check this out tonight.
Have you checked anyhwere on the Internet?

I have a real problem with former employers having free reign with what they tell prospective employers. Who knows how reliable and truthful former bosses can be? Bad business, bad business :shk:

I think it was on msnbc, buy my mom also told me that it was on night stock reports on pbs? I don't know, it would be sad if it was true, i'll try searching it up on the net. The only reason why i ask, is because i definately fear if i was a little slow at a job. The previous employer could bad mouth till the cows come home. Most employers are extremely irresponsible today, this is why i'm very scared.

[edit on 10-8-2005 by malakiem]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Found one more thing, i think it basically deals with suing employers over references. I think it was passed today (the 14th). I'll try to find more.

new topics

top topics

join