It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Bad Things Have Such Amazing Timing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here's my situation:

I just got back from a vacation in Catalina, so I've gained a little weight. I've made a commitment to start working out harder, eating less and better, and doing more cardio than I normally do until the weight is gone. For the first 3 days, I've been doing pretty well. Also, college starts in 2 weeks, and I haven't signed up yet! In order to sign up, I need to take a placement test to see where I'm at in English and Math. I haven't even looked at a math problem since school ended about 3 months ago, so I'm pretty much doomed. My friend offered to help me, because she's a genius when it comes to Math. (And other things) Also, I have to get a job QUICK, because money from the last job is draning fast, and I'm very cheap about money
. The problem is that I can't put in my availability until I know my class schedule...

Ok so this is all tolerable, and can be worked out. But then like FREAKING clockwork, it hits. I wake up with a cold. And not one of those chest colds that you can just fake you're well, a face cold that screwed up your voice, apprearace, etc. etc. Just comes in and hinders allllll of that stuff that I mentioned I need to do. I'm basically disabled from exercising until this goes away, and everything else I need to do is going to become 10x harder. Isn't that just perfect timing? I've got like...who knows how much time to go in, take that placement test, and get registered for college and I get SICK!!! Why on earth does bad stuff have such amazing timing?

-Thanks for listening to me complain.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm just going to say one thing:

I know the feeling...

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alcor
I'm just going to say one thing:

I know the feeling...

Poooor pooooor you

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
You're having a bad week too huh? I woke up with that horrible cold you you're describing yesterday morning and I feel and look like crap, plus my car wouldn't start, my family started arriving for a week long visit, school started for my kids, I burnt dinner, tripped on the front door mat, jammed my wrist while try to catch my balance, and to top it all off, someone drank my starbuck frappachino that i was saving... yeah I know the feeling.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
You're having a bad week too huh? I woke up with that horrible cold you you're describing yesterday morning and I feel and look like crap, plus my car wouldn't start, my family started arriving for a week long visit, school started for my kids, I burnt dinner, tripped on the front door mat, jammed my wrist while try to catch my balance, and to top it all off, someone drank my starbuck frappachino that i was saving... yeah I know the feeling.

Heh, yeah my car battery died the first day I got back from Catalina. Then all that small stuff starts in that you mention, and it just adds up and kills you! A stubbed toe here, a bruise here, a jammed finger there... The good thing is that after that's all finished, you feel pretty damned good just being normal again!

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Why Do Bad Things Have Such Amazing Timing?

To answer the question in your title, well, because otherwise they wouldn't be bad.

Keep on keepin' on. All the bad stuff happens so the good seems even better.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, I think the good stuff string might be starting
. I took the placement test at college, and tested into the honors section, so I get the Presidential Scholarship where my first 2 years are completely free!!!

Go me

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I don't think I have your cold, but I have been knocked around by a pretty bad one too. Started same time.

You can soldier on, you can take it as a sign to rest up, but you just can't use it to take the time to smell the roses.

Don't even think about wasting your scholarship.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I don't think I have your cold, but I have been knocked around by a pretty bad one too. Started same time.

You can soldier on, you can take it as a sign to rest up, but you just can't use it to take the time to smell the roses.

Don't even think about wasting your scholarship.

Yeah, I've already signed up for my classes and everything, so the wheels are in motion. I hate sickness, even to the point where I just start ignoring it haha. I actually just got home from the gym, so I'm feeling pretty good. Do you still have your cold?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Yes. Head, nose, ears, throat, chest.

I did not go to the gym. My blockage is not wanting to wallow in the misery of being sick, it's elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Yes. Head, nose, ears, throat, chest.

I did not go to the gym. My blockage is not wanting to wallow in the misery of being sick, it's elsewhere.

Poooor MaskedAvatar
. Mine's evolving into one of those chest colds that just sits there mildly, but JUST enough to stop you from running or doing anything active. The worst thing about those is they seem to just stay there forever, or keep transforming into different forms. Argh.

top topics

join